At about 10¢ per serving, holiday cookies do not get cheaper than this. And not only do they look festive and beautiful, they taste incredible!
• 2 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
• 5 cups unsweetened dried coconut
• 5 large egg whites
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• Green food coloring
• Red M&M's Minis, red candy décors or Red Hots candies
1. Place oven rack in middle of oven and preheat to 375ºF. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment.
2. Combine confectioners' sugar, coconut, egg whites, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl and mix with a rubber spatula. Add green food coloring and stir in completely until the dough is desired color. Dough will be sticky.
3. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto baking sheets. Moisten your fingers with water. Using your index finger, make a 1/2-inch hole in center of each cookie. Carefully flatten dough with your fingers into a 3-inch wreathRead More »from Merriest Cookies of Them All: Coconut Christmas Wreaths