Should we drop the morning nap?Gasp, I know. I think I've officially lost my mind, but I'll say it now and I'll say it again:
My 15-month-old baby sleeps too much and it's starting to cramp my style.
I am ready, and I am impatiently waiting. Baby Paul needs to drop his morning nap and sync up with his brother's afternoon nap ASAP.
My sleep deprived mommy friends have told me to bite my crazy tongue, but hear me out for one moment.
For discussion purposes, let's review Paul's current sleep schedule:
- Wake up at 6:30 AM, which is perfect because that's when the whole family gets up in the morning.
- Nap #1 - back to bed from 8:30 AM till 11:30 AM.
- Up again from 11:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Nap #2 - back to bed from 4 PM till 5:30 PM (and I have to wake him up for dinner, or he would just keep sleeping)
- Tucked in again for the night at 7:30 PM (which is great, because that's when we put all 4 kids to bed for the night)
Sounds like a dream, right? But hereRead More »from Call Me Crazy: Why I Actually Want My Baby to Nap Less