Read More »from North West… or Mae West? 7 Best Baby Names from "Old Hollywood"
Blog Posts by Disney Baby
- Disney Baby | Parenting – Sat, Jun 22, 2013 2:38 PM EDTLooking for a baby name that conjures up images of glamorous gals and handsome, debonaire fellas? Want a name that is classic, timeless, but also reminiscent of the past, something with a vintage feel? How about turning to the glamour of old-time Hollywood, when the stars were all in black and white, but weren't any less dazzling? While some of the most famous actors had very classic, common names, like John Wayne and James Dean, many of the names of old Hollywood actors and actresses are so ingrained in our genre that we can't help but think of Ginger Rogers when we hear the name Ginger, or Cary Grant when we hear Cary. So if you want an iconic name that sparks of beauty and glamour, consider one of these 7 names inspired by Old Hollywood. - By Andrea Howe
Read More »from North West… or Mae West? 7 Best Baby Names from "Old Hollywood"
- Disney Baby | Parenting – Fri, Jun 21, 2013 3:03 PM EDT
Ready to hit the theater!Now that Monsters University is finally hitting the theaters, you might be faced with a dilemma: How to bring your toddler/little kid to see the movie when you have a baby in tow.Read More »from 10 Ways to Survive a Movie Theater with a Baby Under 2
Do you find a babysitter? Forfeit the theater experience and wait for the DVD?
I didn't bring my son to his first movie until he was 3 years old, mostly because he was extra sensitive to loud noises and dark spaces. But a friend of mine - the mom blogger behind Nessa Knows Best - has never been afraid to bring her babies to the movie theater, even with two kids under 2 years old. So I asked her for her best tips on how you can bring your baby to see Monsters University.
Here are 10 tips on bringing a baby to the movie theater:
1. Plan ahead.
Read reviews, watch the trailers, and ask other parents for their opinion before heading to the theater. (Pay special attention to the length.)
2. Time it right.
Conflicting nap schedules could be an issue, so it's important to know their schedule before buying movie
- We talk about baby fashion quite often here on Disney Baby, but one topic I have yet to delve into is maternity style and staying fashionable during your pregnancy. There are so many designers out there making cool, comfortable and super stylish outfits for expectant moms, and others who have fashion pieces that work well with your growing body.
As I am not currently expecting, I thought it would be fun to feature one of my friends and fashion experts, Audrey McClelland. She is a mom to four boys and she's currently expecting her first little girl in the next 2-4 weeks. So very exciting!
Audrey is the founder of Mom Generations, co-founder of Getting Gorgeous Events, an author, and someone with a whole lot of style. You know those people that seem to put outfits together effortlessly and look chic in just about everything? That's Audrey! Her look is chic and effortless, and I love how she uses a mix of affordable designers with more upscale brands.
If you're looking for aRead More »from 7 Cute Maternity Outfit Ideas Anyone Could Steal
Reasons I love having a little girl From the time I was a little girl playing house, I dreamt of one day having a daughter of my own. The funny thing is that when I was pregnant, I was completely certain I was having a boy and got super excited about that. When I finally found out we were having a girl, I honestly had a moment where I felt a little disappointed, but then my lifelong dream of having a daughter came rushing back, and I've been thrilled with my little lady ever since. Here are just a few reasons why I love having a little girl…Read More »from 8 Reasons I Love Having a Little Girl
1. Mother Daughter Dates
Sure mama & son dates are equally sweet, but I dreamed of having mother & daughter dates with my own little one from the time I was playing house as a child. So much fun!
2. Dresses and Lace and Bows
When you have a girl, you can just combine all of these things into one outfit if you like!
Related: 30 nicknames that make great baby names
Swimsuits are my weakness…my shopping kryptonite and I simply can't resist them. Fern may or may not have five of
- Disney Baby | At Home – Thu, Jun 20, 2013 8:33 PM EDTIf you aren't reading the blog Little One Love by Lindsay Dewald, you are surely missing out. Lindsay shares all about her life as mama to little Ruthie. (I know! Such an adorable name!) As a mother of girls myself, I am always on the lookout for nurseries that don't scream girl. I have nothing against pink or princesses, but I'm always drawn to unique nurseries with modern art and design. Ruthie's nursery is a perfect example of that. From wooden toys and simply designed furniture to modern artwork and a tribal rug, this room is awesome! - By Lacy Stroessner Read More »from Photo Tour: A Feminine Nursery that Doesn't Scream "Girl"
- Disney Baby | Parenting – Wed, Jun 19, 2013 3:14 PM EDT
While looking for baby names, I remember falling in love with quite a few nicknames only to realize that I couldn't stand their more formal version and felt like I needed to nix the name because of it. There are a couple of new additions to the list and others that have held fast for years now. It's an announcement that everyone gets excited about each and every year. Hot and breaking news in the baby industry. That being said, Not everyone goes by that list.
There are quite a few parents who have dug into the baby name books, choosing names that aren't as common. Funny thing is, many of those parents picked the same name! The Social Security Administration has also shared a list of 516 male names and 521 female names that have jumped the most in popularity rank. They've compared ranks for both 2011 and 2012 and those with the largest jump made the list.
I have to say, I'm loving so many of these names! Which are your favorite?- By Nadia Carriere
MORE ON DISNEY BABY
- What child doesn't love Cheerios? I just bought some for my toddler for the first time a few weeks ago, and she is madly in love. But then, while I was browsing Pinterest, I noticed a Cheerio cake, and I suddenly wondered if this classic breakfast cereal could be used for more than just part of breakfast. Turns out it can! Check out these 10 amazing recipes. I might need to buy a few more boxes. - By Janssen Bradshaw
Read More »from 10 Amazing Recipes Made with Cheerios
Working out with Baby!Having gone to my second exercise class with my littlest recently, I thought the hardest part was over. Before that, each time life got in the way I had pondered (sometimes over ice cream) if I should just put it off a little longer. Contacting the instructor and actually going was no easy feat.
And still, that was much easier than what came next: the feelings that hit me, the exhaustion, the sore muscles, the numerous questions that ran through my head. Was I really going to be able to do this? I know I want this. I need this. But can I keep showing up?
Today Lola and I showed up again. And I know each day will be an exercise in mind over matter. Each day, I will have to remind myself why I am doing this. The BIG picture, not the "I really want to rock my skinny jeans again" picture. I am talking about the "I really want to watch my children grow and be an active participant in their lives, rather than observing from the sidelines" picture. I want me being healthy and taking care ofRead More »from How Taking My Baby to the Gym Keeps Me Motivated
- Disney Baby | Team Mom – Mon, Jun 17, 2013 2:24 PM EDT
Lessons in motherhood
Bee will be turning one later this summer - a milestone that marks endings and beginnings and seasons anew - and I've been feeling increasingly reflective. Our days are slow but climbing quickly - a rollercoaster car approaching the first hill, ready to crest into oblivion as we hold on for dear life. And I can't help but shake this sense that, on the other side of the hill, time speeds faster. Moments will blur into days and days into years as we attempt to clear our head and gain our footing and enjoy the ride before it's over. So today, I choose to pause and reflect on the many lessons I've learned in my short ride as a passenger in the motherhood rollercoaster car:Read More »from Play the Cards You're Dealt: 3 Things I'd Tell Any New Mother
Related: 35 "little old man" names for your baby boy!
1. Play with the cards we're dealt.
I'm a different mother than I'd expected. Bee is a different baby than I'd expected. Somewhere between pregnancy hormones and babysitting memories, I'd painted a perfect portrait of a mother and daughter, snuggling together in a
Since I've had so much fun looking up all these interesting facts about my April and May babies, I thought I'd continue with the series and focus on June's babies! My husband celebrates his 39th birthday this Friday, and while he may be long gone from the baby stage, some of these facts and traits most definitely still apply. Click through to learn some fun and interesting facts about June-born babies! - By Andrea HoweRead More »from 7 Things You Need to Know About Your June Baby!