Read More »from 7 Pairs of Twin Names that Match but Aren't Tacky
Blog Posts by Disney Baby
- For a lot of couples, expecting twins means twice the magic that comes with having one baby. Pregnancy daydreams are filled with images of double strollers, sibling outfits and much thought is given to the perfect names for the sweet pair. Having two babies means two names will have to be selected, and to help give parents who are expecting two little loves, I've rounded up some of the cutest names for two. Take a look! - By Krishann Briscoe
Read More »from 7 Pairs of Twin Names that Match but Aren't Tacky
- Disney Baby | Team Mom – Mon, Aug 12, 2013 2:08 PM EDT
Real moms shareFirst birthdays are a pretty big deal, especially when you're a first time parent. For a lot of us there is a lot of hype surrounding the occasion, and after the fact there are definitely things we'd want to do a little differently or things we would pass on to others that worked well. So I polled some of my favorite mom bloggers who had already undergone the big first birthday bash, and asked them the question, "What are your best tips for parents planning a first birthday?" I expected most of them to suggest things I'd already thought of, but it was so great to see that almost all of the mamas came up with something different, and I definitely got some great ideas myself! So here you have it: Tips from veteran mamas so you can make your little one's first birthday a smashing (and stress-free) success!
Related: 2013 early trend forecast for baby names
1. A few things…Read More »from 9 Things You Should Know Before Throwing a 1st Birthday Party
"Little party favors are a great way to distract other kids while the birthday kid opens gifts. 2. Don't go crazy
- Baby girl names of 2013 are all about being unique. The big trends this year are different spellings, names ending in -Lynn, names with spiritual meanings, and of course, names inspired by celebrities and pop culture. These aren't the most popular girl names for 2013, but the top "new" or unique names. Click through to see 7 of the top new baby girl names of 2013… - By Lacy Stroessner
Read More »from Top 7 New Baby Girl Names of 2013
- In celebration of World Breastfeeding Week, I'm going to share a few posts on the topic. Breastfeeding has been such a wonderful experience for both me and my daughter, Ingrid. This week, over 100 countries celebrate breastfeeding mothers worldwide! Here are 10 facts about breastfeeding, some of which may come as a surprise! - By Lacy Stroessner
Sources: What to Expect, World Health Organization
Read More »from 10 Things You Might Not Know About Breastfeeding
From picky baby to good eater in 7 steps
When Elvie was in the hospital for her second stay a year ago, one of her doctors suggested that she might be interested in solid food. She was six months old at the time, so we thought we'd give it a whirl. She was on heavy antibiotics, so I figured that brown rice cereal with added probiotics would be an excellent place to start. It was soundly rejected.
"That's okay," I thought, "maybe she just prefers fruit or vegetables." So I bought some pears and some squash, both of which were swiftly rejected as well. Over time, I tried every suggestion and option available to me, but she just wasn't into it. She didn't want to eat solid food. We laughed it off, nicknaming her Picky Baby, and figured she would begin to eat solids in her own time.Related: 48 cool baby names OUTSIDE the top 1,000 list
For a long time, she was on high calorie formula for weight gain, and I figured that the most important thing was that she was getting the calories and nutrients she needed. Still, I wantedRead More »from How We Stopped Our Baby from Being a Picky Eater
What's the right age to have a baby?
Yet due to a series of medical and social advancements (the Pill to IVF treatments), we've extended the age at which women can choose to start families - with the age for first-time moms climbing up around the world. The road to motherhood has more routes than ever before - some less traveled than others.Related: 50 baby names inspired by flowers!
Even though we can start having babies at a later age (and even though many young women are very happy to do so), there's still the biological pull to put those maternal instincts to work. A lot of my childless 20-something friends are starting to wonder: What's the best age to have a baby?
And so it's an interesting time, right now. The generational gap between parents is wider than it's ever been - with 21-year-olds and 41-year-olds living the new-mom experienceRead More »from What's the Best Age to Have a Baby?
It's hot out there! Maybe you're looking for a quick and easy snack to cool down with that isn't full of sugar. Have you tried frozen bananas? They are so creamy and delicious and taste like ice cream! Especially when you add some flair to them! Keep reading to see how to make them! It's so easy…Ingredients:
- Chocolate chips (I use non-dairy ones)
- Toppings (coconut is pictured here but you could use crunched up candy, nuts, swirls of peanut butter, chopped up dried fruit - the options are limitless!)
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
2. Melt the chocolate.
3. Cut up the bananas into bite-sized pieces.
4. Using a fork or spoon, dip the banana pieces in the melted chocolate until they are coated.
5. Place them onto the baking sheet, sprinkle with your favorite topping, and freeze!- By Becka Robinson
For 30+ of the most PEACEFUL baby names, visit Disney Baby!
Read More »from Easy Summer Snack: Banana "Ice Cream" Bites
Disney Baby | DisneyBaby.com MORE ON DISNEY BABY
- Disney Baby | Parenting – Wed, Jul 31, 2013 3:38 PM EDT
Tips for second-time momsThis week, I realized Ingrid (my youngest) is as old as Adair (my oldest) was when Ingrid was born. My girls are close together - just 16 months apart. As I reflect back on that time, I am full of all sorts of emotions. Parenting two children that close together has been no easy feat. It is every bit as challenging as it is wonderful. Some days I feel like a seasoned mother, then my girls throw me a curveball and all of that confidence sneaks back under the covers. From one mama to another, here is some advice if you are expecting your second child…Read More »from 15 Things to Remember when You're Having Your Second Baby
1. First of all, congrats!
Even though you may feel worried or anxious about being the mom of two, don't fret. A baby is a blessing and so you should celebrate! Congrats to you, mama!
Related: 45 British royal baby names for your little prince or princess!
2. Confidence is key
The best thing about expecting a second baby is knowing you've done it before. You've delivered a baby. You've mothered a child. Be proud of your experience and hold onto
A lesson learned in motherhood.
Motherhood is quite a humbling journey, isn't it? From trying to conceive, to watching your body grow and change while pregnant, to labor and delivery, to then trying to raise happy, well-adjusted kids - it's a daily rollercoaster ride with many opportunities to grown and learn. I realized the other night, as I nursed my 3rd baby to sleep, then held him in my arms 30 minutes past the time since he had fallen asleep, that one of my biggest lessons I've learned as a mom is to never say never. I had once proudly proclaimed that I would never nurse my babies to sleep because they needed to learn to be good, independent sleepers. Three children later, this is just one of the many examples of how I've eaten crow as a mommy. But it doesn't start or end there; read on to see a list of all the times I've eaten crow in the last 8+ years.
1. Before I had my first child, I said I was never going to leave my career to stay home with her.Read More »from 7 Ways Motherhood Has Made Me Eat Crow!
I loved my job too much, and she needed to grow up to
- Now that summer is here, flowers are bountiful wherever you look. They charm us and bring happiness, fragrance, and beauty to our lives. These baby names inspired by flowers are lovely, and many of them are gender neutral, suitable for both boys and girls. Naming your child after one of the most beautiful things in nature is a lovely thing. I'm a big fan of flower names!
In the late 19th century, naming babies after flowers, plants, and trees was the thing to do and a popular trend. Parents have been using many of these names for years, and celebrities are just a few of the people who have jumped on the flower naming trend. Jamie Oliver's wife, Jules Oliver, is a big fan of flower names and chose names pertaining to flowers for all three of her girls - Poppy, Daisy, and Petal - while Ben Affleck and his wife Jennifer Garner famously named their eldest daughter Violet.
From Begonia and Zinnia to Aster and Yarrow, these are 50 of the sweetest baby names inspired by flowers.- By Read More »from 7 Flower-Inspired Names for Your Summer Baby