Turn basic kitchen towels into a set of darling dolls -- fun to make now and cuddle with later.
Sewing machine and sewing supplies
1. Print desired doll template and cut out.
2. Fold fabric in half with right sides facing; press, and trace template onto fabric. Cut out for 2 layers.
3. Allowing a 1/4-inch seam allowance, sew almost all the way around the body. (Leave a 1-inch opening on the torso.)
4. Turn doll right side out, using a chopstick for corners.
5. Stuff with filling. (Use chopstick as needed to push stuffing into arms and legs.) Handstitch the side opening.
6. Embroider facial features: A few back stitches create eyes and a mouth.
7. Make the hair. For ponytails and braids, cut 20 to 30 strands of yarn about 12 inches long. DrapeRead More »from Kids Sick of Their Toys? These DIY Dolls Will Delight Them Now and Later