Fur-ocious!Halloween costumes aren't just for the kids! This is a holiday for the whole family, including your pets. This no-sew doggy cape is an adorable and easy way to get your pup into the Halloween spirit.
Gold bias tape, wide double fold
Hook and loop fastener
Glue gun glue sticks
Related: 10 adorable Halloween costumes for toddlers
1. Before you get started, you'll need to take a few measurements of your pup. You'll need: the circumference of the neck (or the length of the dog's collar), the length of the body from the collar to the base of the tail, and the circumference of the largest past of the torso.
2. Cut a rectangle of vinyl. Width should be Measurement 1, the length of the dog's collar. Length should be Measurement 2, the body length from collar to the base of the dog's tail.
3. Fold the vinyl in half lengthwise. Use a plate or another round object to trace rounded corners and cut the corners off.
4. Find a bowl or
Blog Posts by Disney Spoonful
- Disney Spoonful | Fashion – Tue, Sep 24, 2013 5:48 PM EDT
Fur-ocious!Halloween costumes aren't just for the kids! This is a holiday for the whole family, including your pets. This no-sew doggy cape is an adorable and easy way to get your pup into the Halloween spirit.Read More »from Hot Dog! Make a Superhero Cape for Your Furry Friend
For your next snack attack.I'm always on the lookout for new things to give my girls for snack time (aren't we all?) that are easy to prepare, nutritious, and inexpensive. Oh, and that they'll eat, too. Those first three requirements are useless if I end up throwing the snack away uneaten. These chickpeas are all four - in fact, when my parents were visiting over the weekend and the batch I'd made got finished up, my toddler was devastated and begged for me to make more the next day. These are so addictive that they'd make the perfect stand-in for fattier game-day fare, and we doubt your guests will complain!Read More »from Guilt-Free Game-Day Snack: Spiced Chickpeas!
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 - 2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Related: 24 salads even a carnivore could love
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Make sure your chickpeas are reasonably dry (you can pat them dry with a paper towel or, like I do, just shake them fairly vigorously in a colander after rinsing).
2. Pour the
- Disney Spoonful | Shine Food – Mon, Sep 23, 2013 5:48 PM EDT
A piece of pumpkin heaven! Fall is finally here! That means bundling up with a warm drink and a sweet pumpkin treat! We love the smell of pumpkin to fill up our house during this time of year and, more importantly, we love any possible recipe with pumpkin. These cream cheese-covered cupcakes are the perfect ooey-gooey choice for a fall family snack or a Halloween party dessert!Read More »from Homemade Pumpkin Cupcakes that Squash the Competition
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 can pumpkin (15 oz., about 2 cups)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
your favorite frosting recipe
Related: Mickey mummy cupcakes, poison apple cookies and 10 more Disney Halloween treats
1. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oils until smooth.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add to
- Disney Spoonful | At Home – Fri, Sep 20, 2013 2:40 PM EDT
These spooky snacks are sure to be a hit at your Halloween party!Halloween is quickly creeping up on us! These cute little vampires will make great party favors for your Halloween party, be sure to make plenty.Read More »from You’ll “Vant” to Make These Sweet Vampire Lollies for Halloween!
White address labels
Peel and stick wiggle eyes
Related: Start off your autumn with 21 delicious apple recipes!
1. Cut a piece of cellophane into a square, large enough to wrap around the head of the lollipop.
2. Wrap the cellophane around the lollipop, but do not secure with the twist tie just yet. Using the pattern, cut capes (one for each lollipop) from black felt.
3. Place the wrapped lollipop onto the felt cape. Wrap twist tie around both at the neck of the lollipop.
4. Cut fangs from white address labels and stick to the front of the lollipop. Attach peel and stick wiggle eyes to the front of the lollipop.
For Mickey mummy cupcakes, poison apple cookies and 10 more Disney Halloween recipes, visit Spoonful!
MORE ON SPOONFUL
- Disney Spoonful | Shine Food – Fri, Sep 20, 2013 2:19 PM EDT
These waffles have the best secret ingredient!!Take a lesson from Leslie Knope and enjoy some delicious waffles for breakfast, lunch or dinner! While I've created many varieties-pumpkin, apple spice, blueberry-there is a secret ingredient that makes all the waffles I cook light and fluffy. It's buttermilk. If you can't find buttermilk, you can substitute regular milk (or even almond or coconut for a dairy free version). Just omit the 1/4 tsp baking soda in the recipe below. This recipe makes 8 waffles. It's easy to double if you need more.Read More »from Waffle Good! Kick-Off Emmy's Weekend with a Parks and Recreation-Inspired Breakfast
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs separated
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon sugar (I prefer the raw cane kind)
2 tablespoons melted butter
Related: 9 delectable pancakes, waffles and French toast recipes
1. You'll need three bowls. In the largest, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sugar and yolks go in the second. Egg whites go in the last.
2. Use a mixer to whip up the egg whites
Cut down the calories, but not the flavor! Fried crispy eggplant covered in tomato sauce and slathered with cheese is the ultimate comfort food, but it's not exactly good for you. Although I love to order Eggplant Parmesan in a restaurant, I rarely do because I know how much oil and cheese goes into making this fabulous dish--an enormous amount of fat that I would have to run 100 miles to work off - and I am NOT a runner. If I just have ruined your day with the knowledge that this fabulous dish is known to be heavy on the fat and the calories, cheer up, because there's a solution! I've been making this recipe for "skinny" eggplant Parmesan ever since I was in college and, although it actually never magically made me skinny, it sure didn't add to the problem. I got to have my cake and eat it too, so to speak. Crispy eggplant slathered in sauce and cheese is comforting and delicious; you'd never know it was baked and not fried.
IngredientsRead More »from A Skinny Twist on Classic Eggplant Parmesan
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 teaspoon dried
- Disney Spoonful | Shine Food – Thu, Sep 19, 2013 4:07 PM EDT
Bring a touch of England to the breakfast table!This English muffin bread is a crowd pleaser in my house and the perfect breakfast for chilly mornings or for a simple snack. It's easy and quick to make, even though it calls for quick rise yeast. Anytime I see "yeast" on the ingredient list, I start to shy away thinking it will be too hard. I tend to lean towards "no fail" quick bread recipes, but I recently got my courage up to buy a pack of quick rise yeast and try my hand at making this delicious recipe. It was a hit of course! Unlike regular quick breads, this bread was dense enough to be toasted, which was amazing. Drizzled with a bit of honey or jam was all I really needed, but it was also the perfect compliment to the hearty breakfast I was making. My family has been asking when I'll be making this again!
IngredientsRead More »from Emmy-Worthy Treat: Bake Downton Abbey-Inspired English Muffin Bread
1 package active dry yeast
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup warm milk
1/4 cup warm water
1/4 tsp baking soda
3 cups all purpose flour
- Disney Spoonful | Shine Food – Wed, Sep 18, 2013 2:30 PM EDT
A baked, casserole version of this favorite American food! It's time to celebrate National Cheeseburger Day! This classic casserole dish is easily made with ground beef, potatoes, cheddar cheese and tomatoes.
1 (4.9 oz.) package Hungry Jack® Cheddar & Bacon Potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups boiling water
2/3 cup milk
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 tablespoons Dickinson's® Tomato Ketchup
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 medium tomato, sliced
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 400°F. In ungreased 8x8-inch glass baking dish, combine potato slices, cheese sauce packet, butter and boiling water. Mix well. Stir in milk. Bake 20 minutes.
2. Cook ground beef and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is browned and onion is tender. Drain. Stir in ketchup and pepper.
3. Remove baking dish from oven. Stir potatoes gently. Spoon meat mixture over potatoes. Top withRead More »from Enjoy National Cheeseburger Day with This Cheesy, Bacon Burger Casserole!
Enjoy a spoonful of taco! The perfect way to eat tacos on-the-go has finally arrived! These tacos in a bag are delicious and fun for the whole family.
Nacho Cheese Doritos
1. Gather your favorite taco recipe or try this homemade taco seasoning recipe. Prepare toppings and serve it in a bag! The nacho cheese Doritos make this recipe out of this world. Plus it's portable and requires no dishes perfect for serving a crowd or for an easy night at home! You won't want to eat tacos any other way!
2. Simply roll down the chip bag and layer desired toppings!Read More »from How to Make Irresistible Tacos … in a Bag
- Disney Spoonful | Shine Food – Tue, Sep 17, 2013 2:33 PM EDT
A cheesy apple a day keeps the doctor away! My son is in one of those stages where all he wants for lunch is quesadillas. I had to get creative. I started to experiment with different fruits, vegetables, proteins and nuts and I found this recipe to be the winner. I realized that the crunch of this quesadilla coming from the apples was what was making my son devour the whole thing. Filled with tender, baby kale, and roasted turkey, this quick lunch made it complete and me feel great he was getting a good dose of vitamins his growing 4 year-old body-needs. Make sure you use a very crunchy apple and very tender greens, the flavors will blend very well with the cheese melt and the already seasoned turkey breast.Read More »from Add a Fall Twist to Your Quesadilla with Apple, Baby Kale and Turkey!
2 fajita size flour tortillas
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
1/2 cup roasted turkey, chopped
1/2 crunchy apple, thinly sliced
handful baby kale
Related: Fish tacos with peach salsa, confetti-corn quesadillas, and 18 other zesty Mexican recipes
1. Heat a medium