Stumped on what to make with dinner tonight? Look no further! Move over potato salad, this macaroni salad is taking your place at the next BBQ! Macaroni salad is my favorite side dish for all my summer meals. Sometimes, I even eat it all on its own for lunch. Its creamy goodness has just enough tang that keeps you craving more! Whether you're cooking for the family, bringing a dish to a potluck or looking for a refreshing summer meal, this macaroni salad is the perfect choice.
Related: 25 perfect pot-luck dishes for summer
6 cups cooked elbow macaroni or rotini pasta
3/4 cup olives -sliced or chopped
3 dill pickles - chopped
3 sweet dill pickles - chopped
2 green onions - chopped (stems included)
1 cup sliced grape tomatoes or regular
1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
2 boiled eggs - chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 to 1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Cook your macaroni
Blog Posts by Disney Spoonful
Stumped on what to make with dinner tonight? Look no further! Move over potato salad, this macaroni salad is taking your place at the next BBQ! Macaroni salad is my favorite side dish for all my summer meals. Sometimes, I even eat it all on its own for lunch. Its creamy goodness has just enough tang that keeps you craving more! Whether you're cooking for the family, bringing a dish to a potluck or looking for a refreshing summer meal, this macaroni salad is the perfect choice.Read More »from A Wild Side: Try This Magnificent Macaroni Salad
DIY DreamcatchersMy six-year-old son started complaining that he had bad dreams, and he asked for a dreamcatcher. Well, I've never made dream catchers, but I immediately saw the opportunity to make one of our own.Read More »from Put Nightmares to Bed: DIY Dreamcatchers for Kids
There are so many ways a dreamcatcher can be made! I wanted a very colorful one so I came up with this design, perfect for a girl! But you can always change the colors and ornaments for your boy.
1 metal ring (5" diameter)
3 rolls of different-colored twine
Pre-cut foam shapes in the same colors as the twine
1. Cut about 10 feet off one of the twines and roll it in a little ball. Using the end of this twine, tie a knot around the metal ring.
2. Roll the twine tightly around the metal ring. Cover all the metal.
Related: Rock necklaces, button bracelets, and 27 other fun jewelry crafts
3. When you've reached the knot, tie another knot and cut the twine, leaving enough to hang the dreamcatcher.
Spa Chicken SaladThis light and refreshing chicken salad makes for the perfect lunch on a hot summer day! Healthy grapes, apples, and almonds give a nice, bright kick to traditional chicken salad and will leave your taste buds dancing.Read More »from The Easiest Chicken Salad on Earth
2 cups rotisserie chicken (shredded)
1 cup red seedless grapes (halved)
1 cup green apple (cubed)
1/3 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until everything is combined. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
Related: 15 chicken recipes you can make with the kids
2. Serve 1/2 cup of chicken salad alone or on bread or a croissant as a sandwich.
- By Meredith Steele
Follow Meredith on Spoonful
For 8 more ways chicken can transform your next salad, visit Spoonful!
More on Spoonful
Easy chili, pulled pork, and 18 more unbeatable slow-cooker recipes
Beat the heat with 19 refreshing ice
- Disney Spoonful | At Home – Thu, May 9, 2013 3:49 PM EDT
Fight Stubborn StainsKids + Summer = Grass Stains. When I started looking online for an easy, homemade stain remover to get rid of grass stains, I found so many other moms looking for the same thing. There were message boards with recipe after recipe of "tried-and-true" stain treatments, with each person swearing up and down that THIS was the one that would get those tough stains out!Read More »from Green Cleaning: 5 Homemade Grass-Stain Removers Put to the Test
So I decided to put a few of these recipes to the test to see if I could find one that really works. I cut up an old pair of jeans and headed outside and rubbed each swatch in the dirt and grass (my 4-year-old had fun helping out with this part :). After allowing the stains to set for about ten minutes, I rinsed them off in hot tap water to get out the top layer of dirt and grass, and then placed each swatch into five different concoctions. I let them soak for a good 10 minutes and then took an old toothbrush and scrubbed at the stains. Then I let them sit for another 10 minutes and did one final scrub with the
- Disney Spoonful | Shine Food – Wed, May 8, 2013 5:21 PM EDT
A mom's work is never done, but Mother's Day is a time to pause and celebrate all that she does. Pampering her with a delicious brunch is a great way to show that all the love, affection and hard work hasn't gone unnoticed. By Meredith Steele
MORE ON SPOONFUL
Read More »from Indulge Her: 7 Irresistibly Good Mother's Day Brunch Recipes
Dulce de Leche PopcornPopcorn is a snack that can accommodate almost any flavor you crave.We LOVE popcorn at home - we have it at least 3 times a week, believe it or not! So experimenting with variations is a lot of fun. Once you discover that making different flavors of popcorn is easy, you'll be hooked like we are!Read More »from Kernel of Creativity: Dulce De Leche Popcorn
This dulce de leche popcorn is sugary, sweet and salty - very tasty! If you want to add a little extra flavor, add some sea salt once it's done!
1 cup of dulce de leche or 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
8 cups of popped popcorn
1. Preheat Oven to 260°F. If you can't find dulce de leche in the regular supermarket, you can make it with 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (300 ml aprox). Just peel off the label, place the unopened can in a pot filled with water (make sure the water covers the whole can), let it boil, and then cover. Let it cook on low heat for 4 hours, always making sure there is enough water covering the can. After 4 hours, let it
Mango Honey Fruit LeatherSweet and tangy - this recipe is simple to create! As a kid, fruit leather was one of my favorite snacks and now I laugh when I see my daughter have so much fun eating it with her hands. She begs to have one in her daily lunch box and I don't mind giving it to her because it's a great all-natural fruity treat.Read More »from Roll with It: Super-Simple Homemade Fruit Snacks
Mango Honey Fruit Leather
3 cups ripe mango, peeled and cubed
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
pinch of sea salt
Related: Say hello to spring with 35 fresh snack and dessert recipes
1. Preheat oven to 170°F. Line an 11x17 inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place all ingredients into a food processor or high powered blender. Process on high for 1 minute or until the puree is completely smooth.
3. Pour the puree onto the parchment paper and spread evenly with a spatula. Place in the oven and bake for 6 hours or until the puree is dry to the touch (it should be slightly sticky but not wet).
4. With scissors or a sharp knife, slice the
Rise to the occasion and tackle these easy artisan bread recipes. A great addition to any dinner table, your family will devour it one slice at a time. By Helen Bird
MORE ON SPOONFUL
Read More »from It's Dough Time! 7 Breads You Can Bake at Home
- Disney Spoonful | Shine Food – Mon, May 6, 2013 2:03 PM EDT
Coconut Monster BitesMore sweet than scary, these monster treats will be a hit at any party! I've come up with a way to convert one of my favorite Mexican classic candies, the cocadas (street-style coconut candy), into a monster-inspired sweet appetizer for our guests. This candy is easy enough to prepare that you can involve your kids in the process.Read More »from It Came from the Kitchen! Coconut Monsters Will Scare You Silly
2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
1 (24 oz) bag sweetened shredded coconut
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
variety of food coloring colors (optional)
decorative candy eyes
tube black candy writer
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line an 11" x 17" baking sheet or baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, add sweetened coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla. Stir until all ingredients have been completely mixed.
2. Divide coconut mixture in six different bowls. Add a few drops of different color food coloring in each bowl and mix well until desired shade of color
Kale is one of the most nutritious veggies out there! You'll feel like mom of the year when you work these kale recipes onto the menu. By Kim Demmon
More on Spoonful
Read More »from Leaf Dinner to Us! 7 Kale Recipes for Kids