The perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table! An easy-to-prepare bread that works as hearty tailgate food or a tasty Thanksgiving side? Now we're talking! Enjoy the flavors of fall while watching the big game or reuniting with loved ones.
Cheddar and Walnut Bread
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups finely shredded cheddar, I like sharp cheddar
1 1/3 cup milk
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Mix butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time, blending after each addition.
3. Sift together flours, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add to egg mixture alternately with milk. Mix well.
4. Add cheese and nuts and blend until combined.
5. Spoon into two greased and floured 9x5 loaf pans.
6. Bake at 350° F for 1 hour until a toothpick inserted in the center ofRead More »from Everything's Better with Cheddar: A Cheesy Walnut Bread for Your Fall Table