POPSUGAR FoodSource: Your Ultimate Summer Produce Guide
Along with Summer comes bathing suits, fireworks, and, of course, delicious produce. Can't you just picture biting into juicy fruits and crisp veggies? Luckily you don't have to wait any longer! The time is here to savor sweet watermelons, avocados, peaches, and more. Take a look at what to expect this season and get ready to hit the farmers markets with more than one tote in hand.
- Apricots: Apricots have a short season that runs from May through July, with some prized varieties (like Blenheims) only available for a few weeks in late June/early July.
- Bell Peppers: Sweet bell peppers are available as early as May and as late as December, and are at their peak during the Summer months.
- Avocados: Creamy avocados are typically available year-round, but hit their peak in the Summer (at least in California).
- Blackberries: Blackberries are available as early as May and as late as October.
- Blueberries: Blueberry season typically