- Babble.com | Back To School | Tue, Aug 21, 2012 3:53 PM EDT | Comments
Summer's coming to a close and that means it's time for back to school! And whether you have older kids who have "been-there, done-that" or little ones, back-to-school jitters can strike at any age. Try these 9 songs for soothing those nerves and getting your kids excited for a new school year!
MORE ON BABBLERead More »
- Woman S Day | Back To School | Tue, Aug 21, 2012 10:52 AM EDT | Comments...Read More »
- Galtime.com | Back To School | Tue, Aug 21, 2012 1:36 PM EDT | Comments
Oh yes, it's that time of year once again for our teens/tweens to shop for back to school clothes. This is not a neutral topic at all as it involves money, individual taste, and a variety of other possible points of contention.
Sometimes your kids will shop with you, and at other times they may shop with friends.
Whatever the case may be, I would like to help you set some guidelines so that back to school shopping is less likely to be fraught with conflict and more about fun, and yes, a few learning lessons.
1. Help your teen/tween set a budget for back to school shopping. This will help prevent them from impulse purchases and help them stick to buying what they need.
2. If they have earned money over the summer decide with them how much of this money they will contribute to their purchases. This will help teach them the value of money....Read More »
3. Have them pr
- Babble.com | Back To School | Mon, Aug 20, 2012 3:47 PM EDT | Comments
Now that's a woman whose kids are back in school again!
The first day of school is almost here. Can you believe it? It seems like forever ago that I wrote about the things I am dreading about back-to-school season. And while I am still apprehensive about each and every one of those annoyances that occur in September, there is a part of me, a teeny, tiny part of me that just cannot wait until the kids are back in school again.
There are very small yet specific things I'm really looking forward to….
Related: 10 things you should NEVER say to a mom
I know that from 8am-3pm everyday, I will never have to hear that "he did this" or "she did that", "I don't want to", or "why do I have to"? After a summer that was tipped off with two days indoors from the east coast hurricane, the absence of complaints will be music to my ears.
Quiet...Read More »
I am the type of person who really likes the library environment, no joke. When it is quiet and peaceful, I feel calm and collected. But best of all, I welcome back new ideas for upcoming p
- Red Tricycle | Back To School | Mon, Aug 20, 2012 1:28 AM EDT | Comments
When back to school time rolls around we almost think that happy hour should be pushed to 9:00am. By then you've gone through the chaotic routine of getting the kids up, breakfast made, and dodged a few cars as you made your mad dash for an on-time drop-off. While we can't officially help you out with those tantrums and perpetually late mornings, we can make your lives easier by providing you with this ultimate back to school guide. From awesome lunch boxes to backpacks to choice eco-friendly essentials, we've got you covered. Despite the daily screams of terror during morning drop-off, at least the shopping will be a breeze and you and your kid will be doing it all in stylish and fab gear, right?
Lunch Boxes...Read More »
Our kids don't even know the meaning of a brown bag lunch thanks in part to some totally innovative and creative lunch boxes. From vintage lunch boxes to BPA-free options, we've got plenty of choices for every little school kid out there. Click here for our full list o