Getty Images; Courtesy Photo (4)Channeling your inner Sasha Fierce just got a lot easier thanks to Kim Kimble's haircare! The celebrity hairstylist, who counts Beyoncé and Shakira as clients, just launched her own line of products full of hair-healthy ingredients like Brazilian nut and acai berry. "I'm about healthy hair, and for a long time, it was difficult to find products that worked for a lot of different hair textures," Kimble told InStyle.com. "A lot of products claim to work on different hair types, but this one really does since it's so nourishing without being heavy." Plus, she's adding to her product catalog with a curly hair range in July. "There is a major demand for curly hair products, and we wanted ours to be very versatile and work on all types of curls," she said. "Curly hair doesn't get as much natural oil as straight hair does, so you have to keep curly hair moisturized so it won't get brittle or break." Shop her current line on kimblebeauty.com, and keep an eye out for the new curly-friendlyRead More »from Get Beyoncé’s Voluminous Curls with Her Hairstylist Kim Kimble’s New Hair Line
The look can be short and sweet or long and sexy, but one thing is certain: layered cuts continue to be one of the most sought-after hairstyles. We rounded up some of our favorite fringe moments, from The Rachel to Karlie Kloss's bob.
Read More »from 15 Iconic Layered Hairstyles
Demi Lovato showcases that getting a manicure while napping can be a beautiful thing!
Here's one approach to time management: primp while you sleep.Demi Lovato demonstrated the multitasking concept recently when she tweeted a photo of her nap-time manicure, before performing at the Much Much Music Video Awards in Canada on Sunday.
More on YAHOO!: Demi Lovato's Dream: To Make A Barbie With Her Own Body Type
More on YAHOO!: The Napping Revolution
It may have looked like an extreme celebrity pampering moment, but Lovato might be onto something. Beauty companies have gotten the hint that we need help shaving down the hours of the day we spend on upkeep. A girl's got to look good and sleep late sometimes. Here are 5 ways to enhance your beauty routine while you sleep.
1. Put On A (Overnight) Mask. No, we're not talking about the scary Halloween kind. Facial masks are probably one of the easiest ways to alleviate everything from redness to breakouts. In some cases, they can help to moisturize, plump and even out the skin tone. Make sure that you find the best one for yourRead More »from How to Sleep Through Your Beauty Routine. Literally.
By Megan Segura, Daily MakeoverRead More »from Makeup that Covers and Heals Breakouts
Model When you wake up to a new breakout in the morning, you're left with two options: You can slap on some spot treatment and proudly wear your tell-tale pink Mario Badescu spots out in public, or you can cover the offending pimple with concealers and pray no one notices the flesh-colored welt on your face. The problem with the latter, of course, is that you're only aggravating the problem further and not giving your skin a chance to heal itself.
Related Article: The Incredible Pore-Shrinking Clear + Brilliant Laser: We Tried It
Now a new wave of cover-up is making its way down the makeup aisles, with products that promise to heal existing blemishes while concealing them during the day. Can makeup actually be good for acne-prone skin? Dermatologist Heidi Gilchrist, MD thinks so.
"Makeup, for the most part, will not break you out. This is a myth that is a holdover from heavy foundations that were available in the 1960s and 1970s that contained comedogenic
Lazy girls, listen up! With easy hair products and beauty tricks, you'll be looking good all season-long with minimal effort (woo hoo!).Read More »from 20 Lazy Girl Summer Beauty Tips
1. Wear A Hat: Be stylish and smart by popping on a floppy topper before heading out to your cabana. The style feels old-school glam, but has the added nicety of covering up your ears and hairline should you forget to reapply sunscreen as often as you should.
2. Shower Before Swimming Even if your backyard water is calling your name (loudly), wait a sec before diving in. Step into the outdoor shower that's a fixture at most pools and get your mane wet. Thirsty, dry hair strands will soak up fresh water before being touched by chemical-filled, chlorinated liquid. Makes sense, right?
3.Use a Primer: The silky formula feels lightweight on and only adds seconds to your routine. It gives your foundation, bronzer, and blush something to hold on to, making it stay longer. You get to reapply less frequently.
4.Shave Smartly: If you're anything
Do you prefer your massages seaside or snowbound? Jane Larkworthy checks out six new spa getaways that are worth the trip.
More from W:
Read More »from Six Spa Getaways Worth the Trip
- Refinery29 | Beauty on Shine – 9 hours ago
By Amy Blaut, Refinery29
For New Yorkers, summer means sunny days in the park, the return of shorts, streetside mango vendors, and humidity - lots of it. I grew up in Miami, which is essentially the same as growing up inside a sauna. My adolescence was basically made up of one frizzy-haired disaster after the other. I've since learned that on humid days, the best thing to do is throw all your hair up.
So, while I love my topknot as much as the next girl, I thought I'd mix things up a bit and try out these three super chic updos. They'll keep your hair off your neck and stay sleek even in the city's 90% humidity. Bring it on, NYC.
More from Refinery29:
Read More »from 3 Killer Updos to Prevent the Hair-On-Neck Situation
When I think "all natural" and "organic" I usually also think "pricey." But that doesn't have to be the case. There are plenty of great all natural beauty products that can be found at your local health food store, Whole Foods, or at online retailers like Spirit Beauty Lounge. I've tracked down 8 affordable options to keep you feeling beautiful from head to toe without harmful additives.
-By Sonya Lee Benham
MORE ON BABBLE
Read More »from Frugal, Fresh, and Fabulous: 8 All-Natural Beauty Steals for Under $15
I've been conducting a contest on Mommy Shorts called The Search for the Most Epic Head of Baby Hair. There have been over 500 submissions of some of the most ridiculous heads of hair you've ever seen. Ridiculous even if they weren't ON A BABY! I took the Top 100 and named their hairstyles- everything from The Rachel to The Dinosaur to The Danny Devito. Currently, I've got 12 finalists vying to win. The finalists all have one thing in common- a HUGE HEAD OF HAIR. But there were many entries, that while not exactly EPIC, were still really funny. Even if they are not up for the win. Here are 7 of my picks for the funniest heads of hair entered into the Mommy Shorts Epic Baby Hair contest. - By Ilana Whiles
MORE ON BABBLE
Read More »from The Pauly D ... And 7 More Hilarious Photos of Baby Hair Gone Wild
- Andrea Arterbery, Shine Staff | Beauty on Shine – Mon, Jun 17, 2013 6:22 PM EDT
Try these simple shortcuts for great looking hair!
When it comes to hair, there's really not much that I haven't done. Since the beginning of time (alright, it was really just me in high school but that seems so long ago so it may as well be then), I've longed for super bright blonde hair.
More on YAHOO!: 10 Two-Minute Tricks For Happy Hair Days
It didn't have to be a certain length, I just really wanted blonde locks. Of course, my mother would never allow such a thing so as I soon as I got to college, I ran to the local drugstore to dye my hair. Despite the fact that I had very little money, my hair always looked amazing.
More on YAHOO!: The Secret To Frizz Free Summer Hair
My secret? I would pore over magazines and use all the tips I read. (Believe me ladies, the majority of them that you read really do work!) Fast forward to now, there are still some that I swear by. Here are my top three.
1. Try A Beer Rinse For Shine. Hair looking a little lackluster? Instead of heading to the salon for a shine treatment or shelling out lotsRead More »from 3 (Quick) Hair Shortcuts to Save You Time (And Money!)
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST