By Spencer Cain, Beauty High
Jennifer Aniston Is it just us-or do some celebrities just seem ageless? Yes, we know they're not all 18 anymore, and some of them have racked up a lot of life experience along the way-from A-list boyfriends to bad movies to even worse fashion choices. Still, there are a group of stars who manage to look absolutely flawless even as they get older, and we couldn't resist finding out how.
Related Article: Chrissy Teigen Will Definitely Be Taking Xanax Before Her Wedding
Of course, having a bottomless bank account and all the access in the world doesn't hurt, but we did find out that some of these stars utilize techniques that work for all of our budgets. Below, find out how these 10 celebrities look so young!
1. Halle Berry: At 46-years-old, Berry is practically superhuman. Firstly, she recently announced she was pregnant for the second time (which is rare for her age), and secondly, she has literally never looked better! Her secret? Products from Kinara Spa in L.A. She
- Beauty High | Beauty on Shine – Thu, May 16, 2013 1:31 PM EDT
By Spencer Cain, Beauty HighRead More »from Stars Reveal Their Surprising Secrets to Looking Younger
- Babble.com | Beauty on Shine – Thu, May 16, 2013 1:00 PM EDT
When you're not wanting to wear a ponytail but yet you want something quick, easy, and stylish, a chignon is that perfect go-to hair style. Chignon is the french word for bun, with the actual french term being "chignon du cou," meaning "bun at the nape of the neck." We have found 7 ways to wear a chignon for summer so that you can channel your inner Parisian-goddess. - By Rachelle
MORE ON BABBLE
Read More »from Chic Chignon: 7 Ways to Rock a Low Bun This Summer
Here, 16 foolproof ways to look pretty on a dime.
Hydrate your hair for a bargain1. Hydrate Hair
Oils are a treat for summertime strands: They keep hair smooth, shiny, and manageable. Apply a dime-size amount throughout locks, then blow out as usual. Try Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil ($6, drugstores). If you have fine hair prone to limpness, use the oil as a pre-shampoo treatment instead: Work a spritz through hair; let it soak in while you shave, exfoliate, etc.; and then shampoo it out. The oils will counteract any dryness or coarsening caused by hair coloring or overexposure to the sun.
2. Shave SmarterRead More »from 16 Best Drugstore Beauty Deals
De-fuzz the night before you hit the beach, pool, or park, and you'll cut the chance of skin irritation from sunscreen or mosquito spray, says David Bank, M.D., a dermatologist in Mount Kisco, NY. And pick a packable shaver: The lightweight Schick Hydro Silk Refillable Razor ($10, drugstores; available only through August) comes with a compact travel cover that shields the
By Megan McIntyre, Refinery29Read More »from How to Tell If Your Mole Could Be Cancerous
We know, we know: Moles are not the sexiest of beauty topics. Personally, there's nothing we love more than a chick rocking her spots with pride. But, as beautiful as those marks are, they can also be the canary in the coal mine for skin cancer, a sort of skin S.O.S., if you will. "Unlike cancers that are internal and can evade detection, melanoma is on your skin and making itself known to you," says Dr. Julie Karen, an NYC-dermatologist and spokesperson for the Skin Care Foundation.
Product Smackdown: War Of The Self-Tanners
So, how do you tell a run-of-the-mill mole from a potentially fatal one? Head back to grammar school and study up on your skin cancer ABCDEs, says Dr. Karen. A is for asymmetry, meaning a mole that has mismatched sides. B is for borders, which is anything with a jagged or scalloped edge. C stands for color - not light or dark, but multiple colors represented in one mole. D, which stand for diameter is a little trickier, as Dr. Karen
By Megan Segura, Daily Makeover
Everyone wants to know the secret to looking like a celeb. While many swear it's just their good genes, others, like Diane Kruger, are willing to spill their go-to beauty faves. You'll be surprised by how little most of them cost.
More From Daily Makeover:
Read More »from Celebs Share Their Must-Have Beauty Items
By Tara Rasmus, Refinery29
Ever wonder why we ladies seem doomed to spend one third of our lives getting primped, while our man friends simply need to shower and run their hands through their hair? Primping is fun, sure, but let's be honest -the hours upon hours we spend getting pretty are kind of cramping our style. Ain't nobody got time for that!
We at R29 love trying new looks and products, but like most of you, we're always looking to find the easiest - and fastest - ways to get glam. Thankfully, we've picked up some great tricks along the way that help us go from ghastly to gorgeous in no time. Read on to steal our most hush-hush beauty tricks, from a pantry fix for chapped lips to the shortcut to sexy beach hair, and let us know - what's your top-secret beauty cheat?
More from Refinery29:
Read More »from Shh! We're Spilling Our BEST Beauty Tricks & Tips
Go ahead, let 'em think you've been killing it at the gym. We won't tell anyone you did it all with Glamour's secret beauty and fashion shortcuts!Read More »from The Lazy Girl’s Beach-Body Guide
by Nicole Catanese
In 30 seconds: Fake slimness. Steal this red-carpet secret from Hollywood makeup artists: "When skin is slightly darker along muscles--abs, triceps, butt, thighs--it creates the illusion of definition," says Regine Berthelot, treatment manager at the Caudalie Spa in New York City. For an immediate effect, suit up, then apply a shimmery bronzing lotion along the center of your muscles, fading it outward. We love Caudalíe Divine Legs Tinted Body Moisturizer ($48, caudalie .com) and Soap & Glory One Night Tanned Instant Beach-Bronze Buttergel ($24, sephora.com).
In 1 minute: Zap breakouts. Bacne is "challenging to treat because the skin on the back has large pores and oil glands," says New York City dermatologist Jeannette Graf, M.D. To cover existing blemishes and any redness, swipe on a self-tanner like Lancôme Flash
- Martha Stewart | Beauty on Shine – Thu, May 16, 2013 8:56 AM EDT
It is rumored that this soup was a favorite with a Chinese empress and the concubines in the Forbidden City.
Related: Simple Steps to Beautiful Skin
Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup wheat berries
- 1/4 cup barley
- 1/4 cup brown rice
- 1/4 cup buckwheat kasha
- 1 pound watermelon rind cut into 4-inch-long strips (about 3 cups of watermelon rind)
- 7 1/2 cups spring water
- 1/2 cup rock sugar broken into small pieces
- 2 green tea bags
Related: Natural Beauty Remedies You Already Have at Home
1. In a large saucepan, combine the five grains, watermelon rind, and 6 cups of spring water. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low, and simmer until the liquid is reduced to 4 cups, about 50 minutes.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the rock sugar, tea bags, and 1 1/2 cups of spring water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, then simmerRead More »from The Secret Soup Recipe that Made Chinese Empresses Beautiful (You'll Never Guess What's in It!)
- Martha Stewart | Beauty on Shine – Wed, May 15, 2013 9:13 PM EDT
Martha StewartRead More »from 10 Tips and Tricks for Cheap, Beautiful Manicures & Pedicures at Home
Get smooth, soft hands and beautifully glossy nails without going to a high-priced salon.
Hydrate Rough, Cracked Hands
Whether you're an avid gardener or just genetically predisposed, chapped hands are nothing to applaud. To keep skin flexible and to prevent painful cracks, avoid washing with alcohol-based cleansers or chemical solvents, which will strip natural oils. Instead, use a product that relies on citrus like Permatex Fast Orange Pumice Lotion Hand Cleaner, $2.50 for 7.5 oz. In the shower, massage palms with a gentle sugar scrub to whisk away dead cells and calluses that'll keep products from penetrating, then apply a reparative cream loaded with glycerin, which helps skin retain moisture. For an even deeper treatment, coat hands in cream before bed then swaddle your paws in breathable cotton gloves.
Related: Simple Steps to Beautiful Skin
How to Strengthen Brittle Nails
While weak, brittle nails can be attributed to heredity and normal aging, there are a few external
- BellaSugar | Beauty on Shine – Wed, May 15, 2013 5:57 PM EDT
Source: Beauty Essentials to Pack For Your Honeymoon Destination
When you've finally gotten to the honeymoon portion of wedded bliss, the stress of making it to "I do" is well worth it. But packing can be a whole other project. Passport? Check. Lingerie? Check. But what about all those other beauty necessities you might need to feel as beautiful and sexy as you should on your honeymoon? We've rounded up everything you need to stay gorgeous, no matter your destination - plus, some things you can leave at home to lighten up your suitcase.
General Necessities to Pack: No matter where you're headed, these are the essentials to stow in your luggage.
- Razor and shaving cream
- Makeup essentials: foundation, powder, blush, mascara, lipstick, and travel brushes
- Face cleanser
- Face moisturizer
- Brush or comb
- Hair spray, mousse, or antifrizz products
- Hair accessories: hair ties, clips,
- General Necessities to Pack: No matter where you're headed, these are the essentials to stow in your luggage.
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST