Bikini season is almost here and with it comes those not so-pleasant waxing sessions. To make sure you get waxed, not whacked, bring this checklist with you to the salon.
1. The technicians' licenses for waxing are on display. (If not, check with your state's office of licenses.)
2. The facility is clean and well-lighted and has hot and cold running water and bathroom facilities.
3. After each client, the tables and bed are cleaned.
4. Technicians wear disposable gloves and change them after each client.
5. Waxing sticks are not used on more than one person. If more than one area of skin is being waxed, it's changed for each area. (Don't let them use the one from your face on your bikini area and vice versa. Yes, I know, Yuck!)
6. Instruments like scissors and tweezers are disinfected between clients.
7. Avoid the type of wax warmed and applied to skin by a roller device. (Rollers areRead More »from 8 Tips to Make Sure Your Next Bikini Wax Isn't a Whack Job