- Tressugar | Cleaning Guide | Tue, Mar 5, 2013 6:49 PM EST | CommentsSource: 5 Ways to Spring Clean Your Dating Style
Now's the time to kick start your Spring cleaning, so why not spruce up your dating approach, too? From new hobbies to a fresh, self-loving attitude, a little bit of change can go a long way - both for your confidence and for your dating habits. Love is in the air this season, so boost your odds of meeting someone by following these five simple tips:
- Sign up for a class. You're not going to meet someone if you're sitting around all day, so take the initiative and join a class of some kind. Whether it's a fitness class or a cooking workshop, you're bound to meet new people - and the more people you know, the more likely it is that you'll find a connection, so boost your odds by getting out there.
- Stick to smaller groups. A giant crowd of females can be more than a little intimidating, so ease up on the estrogen and go out with just a few close pals instead. Smaller numbers mean less pressure, making it much easier for guys to a
- Thenest.com | Cleaning Guide | Mon, Mar 4, 2013 6:11 PM EST | Comments
By Jerri Farris for TheNest.comWhen you think about it, you practically spend as much time in your kitchen as you do your bedroom -- and it can get just as messy. Follow our easy plan to keep it looking more fab than frat-house.
Shutterstock/ The Nest
Appliance faces: Use a mild cleaner or make a paste of baking soda and water to clean. Dissolve grease on the stovetop with a sponge soaked in white vinegar.
Microwave: Soak the turntable in sudsy water while you wipe up interior splatters. Or try a steam clean: Fill a microwave-safe glass with 2 cups of water and either 1 teaspoon of vanilla or a few slices of lemon. Run on high for 5 minutes and wipe the sweet-smelling interior clean with a paper towel. Here's some more expert advice on cleaning your microwave.
Countertops: Spray on an all-purpose cleaner (or run disposable wipes over the surface) and let it sit 10 minutes.
Sink: Pour down several quarts of boiling water to flush out grease. Follow with 1 cup of white vinegar and scrub the basi...Read More »
- Wed, Mar 6, 2013 4:12 PM EST | Comments
With some creativity, you can have a beautifully organized home without spending extra money on store-bought gear.
By Samantha Leal for TheNest.com
© 2013 The Nest Inc. All rights reserved.
- Thenest.com | Team Mom | Fri, Mar 22, 2013 5:44 PM EDT | Comments
By Alonna Friedman for TheNest.comDo you have company coming over? No time to whip your house into tip top shape? No problem! Check out these quick and simple tips to get a clean home in 30 minutes.
Shutterstock/ The Nest
Declutter (4 minutes)
Pass through key rooms, picking up the following:
Catalogs, bills, and newspapers
Handbags and shoes
Wipe Down (10 minutes)
Spray an all-purpose cleaner on your kitchen countertop and wipe away grime.
Remove fingerprints from stainless steel surfaces using a glass cleaner.
Wipe down the dining table (if you have hardwood, just remove dust with a damp rag or microfiber cloth).
Spray the bathroom sink, vanity, and counters with an all-purpose disinfectant.
Wipe down the outer edge of the tub (it's something all guests will see) and pull the curtain or shower door closed.
Clean the mirror with vinegar and wipe with newsprint (it works).
Spritz all outside surfaces of the toilet with disinfectant before moving inside.
Lift th...Read More »
- Wed, Feb 27, 2013 3:00 PM EST | Comments
Today on Yahoo!
1 - 6 of 48