- Thu, Nov 14, 2013 3:14 PM EST | CommentsIs your living room in need of an update? We asked domino's favorite designers and friends, including Nate Berkus, Caroline Z Hurley and Lauren/Suzanne McGrath to share their favorite living room transformations.
MORE FROM DOMINO.COM
- Mon, Nov 4, 2013 12:07 PM EST | Comments
- Mon, Nov 4, 2013 12:07 PM EST | CommentsThe darker side of home decor is making a major comeback. Sure, using light colors to paint or paper your walls can make a small space look bigger, but space isn't everything. Creating an intimate, cozy nook can be as simple as bringing the color down a few shades, and a ho-hum shelf of knick knacks turns suddenly museum-worthy when set against a deep black background. Whatever your decor aesthetic, one of these 6 stylish and unusual black walls is bound to add a bit of intrigue to your home:
-By Nicole Balch
- The Vivant | Decorating Guide | Thu, Oct 31, 2013 5:17 PM EDT | Comments
By Leah Bourne, The VivantColor can have an enormous impact on your mood. A Minnesota State University study, for instance, found that red environments increase stress responses, while green and white environments do not. In other words, you probably don't want to paint the interior of your home red.
Related Article: Our Favorite Gray Home Decor Accessories Under $100With that in mind, we have assembled the most calming colors to consider decorating your home with. From dusty pinks to pale greens, click through the slideshow above for the calming colors that will help you de-stress your home (and life).
Related Article: The Coolest Skull Home Decor Accessories: Our 10 Top PicksOpt for one of these colors to give your living space that relaxing and soothing feeling. You too will be more relaxed before you know it.
While purple can definitely be an intense room color, a purple that is chalky and muted can be calming.
Color: Benjamin Moore Spring Lilac
Pale Gray...Read More »
A light gray is t
- Fri, Nov 8, 2013 5:19 PM EST | CommentsTired of tripping over stuffed animals and stepping on blocks? Try these practical and playful ideas for making a toy-packed closet fun and functional.
-By Brian Patrick Flynn for HGTVRemodels.com
MORE FROM HGTV FAMILY OF SITES
The 10 Dreamiest Pool, Deck and Patio Designs
GALLERY: Go Inside Britney Spears's Former Love Nest
17 Delicious Soups to Eat All Winter Long
Wedding Shower Ideas That Brides Will Actually Like
Are These Men the Hottest Hunks on HGTV?