Shine's Decorating Guide
- Disney Baby | Decorating Guide | Tue, Dec 18, 2012 5:27 PM EST | Comments
When I was a kid, I LOVED arts and crafts. It's not really a secret that I still enjoy it. I made all of our holiday cards this year. And I made a card holder to show off the ones our friends and family send us. And as soon as our son is big enough, I'm so excited to make fun holiday decor arts and crafts with him! Unfortunately for me, he's only an infant this year, so for now I am only dreaming of the days when we will make these fun Christmas crafts together. But in case your kids are a little older, here are 7 fun, Christmas-themed crafts to make with them! - By Becka Robinson
MORE ON DISNEY BABYRead More »
- Babble.com | Decorating Guide | Thu, Dec 20, 2012 3:12 PM EST | Comments
Red and green, silver and gold: These colors are synonymous with the holidays. But believe it or not, there are alternative ways -- namely, more feminine and unique ways -- to dress your home in holiday style. Indeed, store shelves are stocked with oodles of pink festive decor. And much of it is classy, not tacky! I've rounded up a handful of what I believe are some gorgeous pinktastic holiday decor picks that I think anyone who loves this color will adore. Click through for 7 of my favorite finds, and your home, too, can be pretty in pink for the holidays. - By Jaime Morrison Curtis
MORE ON BABBLERead More »
- Jessica Ferri | Decorating Guide | Thu, Dec 6, 2012 10:34 AM EST | CommentsChristmas right around the corner so time is running out to find the perfect tree. Over 25 million real Christmas trees are sold in the United States each year and it can be difficult to know what type of tree suits your needs and how to care for it. Did you know, for instance, that there are over 15 varieties of Christmas trees, with 6 different types of fir trees alone?
Finding the perfect tree
We've asked Christmas tree and decorating experts for tips on choosing the perfect tree, from selection, to caring for your tree, to the best part—decorating!
The White House Christmas tree arrives
• Before you go shopping, do your homework. It's good to know exactly how much room you have for the tree, don't forget ceiling height. There's nothing worse than purchasing a tree and discovering it's too big.
• If you're tight on space, "consider putting a smaller tree on a table top," suggests sister design team Jennifer and Kitty O'Neill, of Runningwithsisters.com. "Pick out the table you want to use, and measure f...Read More »
- House Beautiful Magazine | Decorating Guide | Thu, Nov 15, 2012 10:21 AM EST | Comments
Say "welcome" with a flourish. Here are some of the best welcome mats we found. So stylish, it's easy to forget that they're practical, too.
See more from HouseBeautiful.com:
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc....Read More »
- Country Living | Decorating Guide | Thu, Nov 15, 2012 3:07 PM EST | Comments
Forget the turkey, the real undertaking at a Thanksgiving feast is keeping the little ones entertained. Keep them smiling throughout the holiday with these creative ideas.
See more from CountryLiving.com:
17 Complete Thanksgiving Menus »
...Read More »
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.
PICK OF THE DAY
When you begin to tackle your springtime and Easter decorating, an excellent place to start is with your mantel! But before you spring for those store-bought decorations, why not tap into your creative side and embellish this piece of your home with a few personalized pieces you already have lying around? If you're not sure how to start, I've got a roundup of easy-to-mimic mantels that are sure to inspire. Click through for 7 simple ways to brighten up your mantel for spring! - By Jacinda Boneau