- Refinery29 | Fall Fashion | Mon, Nov 12, 2012 1:46 PM EST | Comments
By Seija Rankin, Refinery29
We know what you're thinking - turtlenecks are so 1995. But, we're here to tell you that this clever little sweater is back…in a big way. The new season ushers in the classic in so many shapes and styles, from formal and form-fitting to loose and flowy. Plus, not only is the staple an of-the-moment way to cozy up for fall, but it can also be relied upon to carry you through pretty much any occasion.
Need proof? We've picked out our favorite heather-gray, flattering-on-everybody version, and styled it for all your cold-weather activities; think: boardroom meeting, hot dinner date, or a girl's night out (yes, you can even wear it dancing!). We're giving you permission to take a fashion risk and layer up this perennial must-have with all of today's trends.
More from Refinery29:
Read More »
- The_stir | Fall Fashion | Fri, Nov 9, 2012 4:07 PM EST | CommentsI don't know what things are like where you are, but where I am it's cold. Really cold. As in, there's a nor'easter coming and I wore my winter coat to the office today -- cold. Along with the cold weather comes all sorts of seasonal fashion changes. Longer sleeves, longer skirts, boots, and of course, a favorite of many -- tights.
Anthropologie Dress and tights
Sure men may hate us for hiding those legs come the winter months, but the right pair of tights can do wonders for an outfit while keeping your stems warm and (even better) preventing chaffing.
More from The Stir: 5 Flirty Ways to Wear Boots This Season
Not exactly sure how the right way to rock 'em? Not a problem. Check out our roundup of 5 ways to look stunning in tights:
Wear 'Em With Shorts
Image via Asos
Wear 'Em With Shorts
Take your summer favorites straight through winter by slapping on a pair of tights. I adore the deep red color of this pair from Asos ($35.18, asos.com), and they also come in blue, orange, and purple.
Get Fancy With 'Em
Image via Francesca'...Read More »
- Joanna Douglas, Senior Fashion And Beauty Editor | Fall Fashion | Fri, Nov 9, 2012 12:21 PM EST | CommentsKate Middleton is a major brand loyalist, counting British designers like Alexander McQueen, Issa, L.K. Bennet, and Alice Temperley among her favorites. Clearly the Duchess of Cambridge has a soft spot for one particular black lace Temperley gown, as she has now been spotted wearing it on more than one formal occasion. On Thursday night, Kate and Prince William attended a black tie dinner gala at Middle Temple Hall celebrating the 600th anniversary of their alma mater, the University of St. Andrews, in Scotland. The school is very dear to the couple as they first met on campus back in 2002, and they are sure to be amongst the university's most famous graduates.
Kate Middleton re-wore a black lace Temperley dress to a gala this week
See the Extravagant Cost of Kate Middleton's Beauty Routine
For this special event, Middleton wore the same black lace Temperley gown she wore to the London premiere of "War Horse" back in January. She accessorized with a red McQueen bow clutch, and a red poppy flower pin in honor of the upcoming Remembrance Day holiday on Nove...Read More »
- Galtime.com | Fall Fashion | Mon, Nov 5, 2012 9:44 AM EST | CommentsCable knit sweaters are a classic wardrobe component and chances are you probably have a few stashed somewhere in your closet. You may think of this staple as dull or bland, but it turns out there are several different fashionable ways to style a cable knit sweater.
White Cable Elbow Patch Sweater, $49, Miss Selfridge
Have fun shopping your closet to create 3 new outfits with this beautiful basic. Here's how:
LOOK 1 : Cable knit sweaters are definitely made to be worn with more than just denim! Pair the conservative sweater with a flirty skirt. Try faux leather, pleats or a fun print. Try a longer hemline for the office and a shorter version for date night.
RELATED 5 Sweater Styles To Cozy Up To...Read More »
Pleated Black Skirt, $44, Miss Selfridge; Aster Booties, $79.99, Sole Society; Deco Necklace, $38, Bauble Bar.
LOOK 2: Layer a printed button up shirt under your sweater for a pop of color. Dress up your jeans with a pair of heels for an edgier preppy look.
Slim Fitting Dress
- Theblush.com | Fall Fashion | Wed, Oct 24, 2012 5:47 PM EDT | Comments
Get chic, affordable denim for fall.
By Kathleen Mulpeter for TheBlush.com
© 2012 The Blush. All rights reserved.
More from The Blush:...Read More »
Do you shop for the right reasons?
What to wear on a date
The science of shapewear (and where all the fat goes)
How Facebook can land you a job
What your nail polish says about you