- Fabsugar | Fall Fashion | Thu, Sep 6, 2012 5:31 PM EDT | CommentsSource: Tap Into My So-Called Life's Grunge Appeal For a Funkier Fall Refresh
It's not our fault we can still recall with remarkable clarity the angst, awesomeness, and all-out grunge sensibility of cult show My So-Called Life - we blame it on its lead stars Claire Danes and Jordan Catalano, er, Jared Leto. And while the series only lasted for one epic season, its short-lived run continues to inspire our styling whimsy by way of its spot-on encapsulation of early '90s fashion. We're talking serious Kurt Cobain flannel, punk-inspired Doc Martens and Converse, vintage floral prints, and a whole lot of retro denim looks. On any given episode, you'd be guaranteed to spot Danes's character Angela Chase in a cool mix of layered patterns, jean overalls, and a knitted vest. It may not be an ensemble worth emulating to a T, but listen: the styling cues found within are perfect for a funkier Fall wardrobe refresh. We've culled the most important ones to note and outfitted the best ways to achie...Read More »
- Good Housekeeping | Fall Fashion | Fri, Sep 7, 2012 11:12 AM EDT | CommentsRecently, I've had several people ask me, "Are these pants too bright?" and "Can I wear my white jeans after Labor Day?" These questions are based on customs that've been around forever but are quickly becoming outdated. Here are 3 rules you can now break without worrying about the fashion police.
Jeans with jeans
1. You can't wear denim with denim. As a child of the 80's I couldn't be more excited that denim jackets and shirts are back in style. With the variety of cheerful colored jeans that are now available it's easy to mix and match denim, topping, for example, a pair of tangerine orange jeans with a cobalt blue jacket. If you want to be really daring, double up on the blue denim but be sure to wear two different color washes so you don't wind up looking like you're wearing a very uncool denim suit. If you're in the market for a new pair of jeans check out the best jeans for tummy control.
White after Labor Day
Related: How to Wear Nude Hues
2. Put away your whites after Labor Day. I love white all year ro...Read More »
- Sarah B. Weir, Yahoo! Blogger | Fall Fashion | Tue, Sep 4, 2012 12:45 PM EDT | CommentsHere is the perfect parka for the long, dark, and lonely days of winter. "Everybody needs love, don't they?" asks emerging menswear designer Si Chan on his blog. Chan says he designed his eccentric kelly green puffer jacket, which features a row of clasped hands running up the front, to make the wearer feel "warm and hugged."
photo by Hill & Aubrey
While Chan, who recently graduated with top honors from London's College of Fashion, purposely exaggerated the padding to resemble a kid's stuffed toy in order to emphasize the warm and fuzzy vibe of the jacket, there's also something a little creepy about it and some of the other touchy-feely items in his collection of six outfits. The grabbing hands conjure up straight jacket from a future planet or tree branches-turned-arms from a child's nightmare.Chan explains that hugging hands are a symbol of what makes it possible for humans to "express love" and "depart from lon...Read More »
Courtesy Si Chan
- Tue, Sep 4, 2012 3:42 PM EDT | CommentsAs fall wardrobes get prepped to come out of the closet, don't forget to swap in new polish. See our top 10 favorite nail looks from the runway.
- Fri, Aug 24, 2012 12:36 PM EDT | CommentsA dress is the perfect option for any day, any time of the year, and any occasion. It becomes an easy uniform for summer, simply paired with your favorite sandals; and for fall, it's easy to layer them up with cozy cardigans, tights and loafers. I can literally wear dresses all-year long! Here are 7 of my favorite that will really work for any season -- with the right styling. - By Chelsea Fuss
MORE ON BABBLE
Top 17 summer fashion trends that need to disappear
27 things you should buy at Forever 21 RIGHT NOW
The 25 biggest male turn-offs