- Wed, Aug 22, 2012 2:46 PM EDT | CommentsEmily Holt, Vogue
Jeans and T-shirts are the No. 2 pencils of a fall wardrobe: not as flashy as other elements on the back-to-work/back-to-school shopping list (be it a shocking-pink Comme des Garçons coat or a shocking-pink spiral-bound notebook) but no less essential. Here, we highlight four new labels specializing in the all-American classics.
More from Vogue:
Angelina Jolie Through the Years in Vogue
Could Your Thyroid Be Making You Depressed?
Vogue Guide: 40 Hot Summer Sandals
Melt-Proof Summer Beauty
- Wed, Aug 22, 2012 2:22 PM EDT | CommentsRay Siegel, Lucky magazine
Before you donate all of your peplum tops to the local consignment store-check out our list of trends that are still totally on-point for fall.
More from Lucky magazine:
5 Drastic Ways to Change Up Your Look
15 Secrets from Top Dermatologists
Best Dresses For Your Body
The 40 Best Drugstore Beauty Products
- Tue, Aug 21, 2012 3:58 PM EDT | CommentsGone are the days of checking your phone whenever someone asks you for the time -- it's tacky, people. One of my favorite statement pieces, that many of us fail to wear, are cool and stylish watches. Watches have made such a comeback in recent years and have transitioned from being purely functional to being a fashion must-have that instantly elevates your style. For fall, think over-sized watches, styles inspired by menswear, rose gold, a pop of color, and lots of sparkle! Take a time out from your digital phone clock and look at these 7 trendy watches for fall! - By Cyd Converse
MORE ON BABBLE
17 fashion trends we hope disappear this year
27 things you should be buying at Forever 21 RIGHT NOW
The top 17 summer fashion DON'Ts
- Fri, Aug 24, 2012 4:04 PM EDT | CommentsHello, and welcome back to Find it Fridays! My latest challenge for Shine's weekly fashion scavenger hunt came from a Shine reader named Cathy, who is on the hunt for slouchy flat boots. Here is her request:
"I have been looking for a pair of strappy/slouchy boots since last year. I found a pair on the Bloomingdale's site but the boots are not listed as an item to purchase and I can't find them on any site that I have searched. I want to wear them with jeans, leggings, even dresses. I have back problems so I have been staying away from anything with a 4-inch heel. I am a boot fanatic. I feel feminine and sexy in boots, and would like to add a new addition to my wardrobe. I would pay up to $250 for a pair as long as they don't look cheap. I would prefer dark brown leather but I will consider any brown color or even suede, flat heel. I wear a 7/7.5. Mid-calf would be preferred."
Hi, Cathy! Thanks so much for your submission. I love a lady who knows exactly what she wants, and this boot style is so cool and practical! I couldn't find the exact pair pictured on Bloomingdale's site either (so frustrating!) but I tracked down 10 similar boot styles that fit your description, size, and budget. Please let me know if you like these choices. Readers: please weigh in on your favorites! Do you have any additional tips on where Cathy can find slouchy flat boots? Let her know in the comments.
By Joanna Douglas, Senior Fashion & Beauty Editor
- Tue, Aug 21, 2012 3:02 PM EDT | CommentsThe designer shares his number one wardrobe essential every woman must have.