Traveling solesI'm a shameless shoe maven and lady who would really like to keep slipping on the platform peep toes no matter what the day holds. It's not always easy to care for your tootsies when embarking on a long trip or conference, so if you're like me then you're in luck! I've compiled my very best field-tested tips here for keeping your feet in happy, healthy, working condition while on vacation, at a conference, or during any walking or standing-heavy trip:
Related: 13 painful "push-up" bras of the past that we'll NEVER wear again
1. Save one side of your suitcase for shoes. I dedicate one whole section of my roller suitcase to shoes, in part because I bring way too many pairs wherever I travel, but also because I think it helps to see them all together. And when you see them all tucked in next to each other, the visual will aid you in editing. It's all right there - four pairs of animal print shoes? three kinds of flats? all wedges? - making it more obvious what you can pull out and what
- Babble.com | Fashion – Mon, Aug 5, 2013 12:15 PM EDT
Traveling solesI'm a shameless shoe maven and lady who would really like to keep slipping on the platform peep toes no matter what the day holds. It's not always easy to care for your tootsies when embarking on a long trip or conference, so if you're like me then you're in luck! I've compiled my very best field-tested tips here for keeping your feet in happy, healthy, working condition while on vacation, at a conference, or during any walking or standing-heavy trip:Read More »from Who Will Save Your Sole? 7 Ways to Keep Your Feet Comfortable and Stylish While on Vacation
Big girls are forever being told what not to wear, that everything from stripes to pleats to booties (even ponytails!) are off-limits to us. Is it any wonder that so many full-figured women cling to their boring black separates-the "safest" things in their wardrobes?
Thankfully, my years working in fashion have taught me some invaluable lessons about how to pull off pieces traditionally thought of as no-no's for anyone beyond a size 6. Follow these foolproof tips and brace yourself for some serious style points.
1. MYTH Horizontal stripes enlarge a big frame.
TRUTH Break up the pattern with a blazer or colored pants. Très chic-for all figures.
2. MYTH Top-heavy women can't wear knits.
TRUTH Look for body-skimming silhouettes in metallic for a pulled-together take.
3. MYTH Peplums add volume.
TRUTH A streamlined pencil skirt with a peplum creates an hourglass shape.
4. MYTH Black is the most flattering color for fullerRead More »from 6 Curvy Girl Fashion Myths
Carine Roitfeld's interpretation of Home Depot's painter's jumpsuit. (CR Fashion Book)The Home Depot is really having a moment.Read More »from The Home Depot's High Fashion Appeal
In recent weeks, their orange tote bag became a must-have accessory among the fashion elite. By now, the large logo bags are long gone, but for those still looking to seize the trend, a smaller reusable tote is available. Even better: "It" bags aren't the only fashionable item available at Home Depot.
Carine Roitfeld, the former editor-in-chief of Vogue Paris, recently used The Home Depot's $9.50 white painter's jumpsuit in a fashion shoot on her website, CR Fashion Book. For the latest installment of her "Seven Ways" series, the industry expert "puts a twist on wardrobe essentials" by styling the one-piece garment for various occasions. "So, basically, Roitfeld is saying that a disposable painter's jumpsuit from The Home Depot is an essential," writes Fashionista. "And it turns out it goes great with Courrèges boots and tutus." We found one painter's jumpsuit still available for just $4.10.
Fashionista reached out to Home Depot, which, it turns
- StyleCaster News | Fashion – Fri, Aug 2, 2013 2:42 PM EDT
By Meghan Blalock, StyleCasterRead More »from Survey: 65% of Women Make Men Do This Before Leaving the House
Shoes Let's face it: sometimes, stereotypes are true. And when it comes to women critiquing their men's shoe choices, that seems to be the case. According to a just-released survey of 1,000 professional men and women conducted by menswear shoe brand Allen Edmonds, 65% of professional women admit to "insisting their men change their shoes before going out."
Related: Kim Kardashian Makes First Appearance Since Giving Birth (Sort of)
"Young professional men significantly underestimate the power of shoes in a successful romance according to most women," the study continues. Proof: professional women are more than twice as likely to say shoes reflect their date's (or husband's) fashion sense (64% for women; 34% for men), personality (52% for women; 24% of men), financial position (36% for women; 18% for men), and attention to detail (54% for women; 12% for men).
However, that's not to say that men don't care at all about their footwear. Quite the opposite is
- Disney Spoonful | Fashion – Fri, Aug 2, 2013 2:35 PM EDT
Doodle on your nails! When I was in school, I spent a lot of time doodling in the margins of my notebooks. When I look back, I remember those doodles and how adorable they were on the blue lines of paper. This nail art design reminds me of all those drawings, and it's SUPER easy to do!Read More »from Take a Note! These Trendsetting Paper Doodle Nails Are Perfect for Going Back to School
White Nail Polish
Light Blue Permanent Marker
Pink Permanent Marker
Black Permanent Marker
Fast Drying Top Coat
Related: 15 easy-to-make hair accessories for your daughter's new 'do
1. Start with a plain white nail. I usually use two coats of whatever white polish I am using in order to get full coverage.
2. Use your light blue marker to draw the lines of the notebook paper.
3. When you are drawing them, it's okay if they aren't perfect, and if they're a little thicker on one side than the other, because that's what real notebook paper looks like!
4. They don't have to be totally perfect because you're going to draw doodles on top of them.
5. Now, take your pink marker
- StyleCaster News | Fashion – Fri, Aug 2, 2013 2:34 PM EDT
By Meghan Blalock, StyleCaster
Crop tops are one of the most divisive trends in fashion right now: Either you absolutely love them, or you hate them with every ounce of your being.
Merely mentioning the words "crop top" during StyleCaster's weekly Twitter #stylechat (every Wednesday at 3 p.m., people!) has sparked a vicious debate over the mini-shirts, with passionate believers on both sides of the argument.
One big issue we've found is that lots of girls want to wear crop tops but don't know how to do it in a chic way. We're all in agreement that It can be a tough look to pull off, and many people are discouraged because they think they have to have Rihanna-level abs to rock the crop top successfully. But we're here to say: It's just not true-anyone can rock a crop top if it's styled correctly.
To prove it, we've rounded up 10Read More »from How to Wear a Crop Top (Without Looking like a Tween)
- Babble.com | Fashion – Fri, Aug 2, 2013 1:29 PM EDT
In the voice of Cher Horowitz: "Old [movies] can be so sweet." And Clueless? Clueless is officially an old movie. 18 years old, to be exact. If Clueless were a person, it would be a legal adult - which means we can use words like "retro" and "vintage" to reference the iconic fashion and quotes from the cult-classic '90s hit. If you're feeling a bit nostalgic for the plaid mini skirts and fur-topped pens, here are 7 ways to recreate your favorite Clueless fashions - whether you're a Cher, Dionne, or Tai. And to bring back the feel of the movie, we've included some of the most iconic Clueless quotes…
-By Michelle Horton
MORE ON BABBLE
Read More »from Rolling with the Homies: 7 Ways to Get a Killer '90s Look Just like Cher Horowitz
What Does the Color of Your Underwear Say About Where You Live? and Other Fun Undies Personality FactsBy Slaves to Fashion, Glamour Magazine | Fashion – Fri, Aug 2, 2013 1:22 PM EDT
by Amy WicksRead More »from What Does the Color of Your Underwear Say About Where You Live? and Other Fun Undies Personality Facts
courtesy of HanesPardon me, but what color underwear are you wearing today? I ask because it turns out certain colors are trending around the country right now--and according to a new campaign from Hanes, your color choice says a lot about you and where you live! Who knew?
As part of the campaign, Hanes is asking women to tweet their underwear color and the latest trends are being updated in real time on undercovercolor.com. The brand is talking underwear this morning as part of the debut of a campaign to show off new colors and patterns available for underwear, bras, and tees. "The Undercover Color campaign gives us a fun way to let women know about all the great fits and vibrant colors we now offer," said Sidney Falken, chief branding officer at Hanes.
See more: 10 Beauty Tricks That Make Guys Melt
Here are some pretty funny facts Hanes has come up with so far, based on tweets:
* New Yorkers are most confident in talking about their choice of underwear (not surprising!).
* Women who
- Lucky Magazine | Fashion – Fri, Aug 2, 2013 1:08 PM EDT
by Alison Syrett Cleary
Look, I love simple little black dresses. They're classic, flattering on all body types and wearing one makes me feel a like Audrey Hepburn. It's almost an impossible look to mess up.
But perhaps even more than a foolproof LBD, I love an all-black ensemble that's a little less safe, like Emma Roberts' Michael Kors Fall 2013 ensemble at the New York premiere of her new movie, We're With the Millers, last night. Although the actress could've gone with a classic fit-and-flare or shift silhouette in the same color, she took a risk by wearing a high-low skirt and fitted halter top. I think it paid off. If you do, too, shop her entire look in the slideshow (including her accessories, which were Chopard diamond earrings and 'Rodio Stellix' pumps by Casadei, FYI).
More from Lucky:
Read More »from Emma Roberts Wears the Least Boring Black Outfit Ever
by Claire Knebl
August is already off to a fashion-forward start! In a major midnight tweet, H&M revealed that its online shop is officially open for business. The offerings include all items available in-store, as well as an expanded range of sizes and super cool exclusives. The site also debuted H&M Home, a new (dorm-friendly!) line that applies the retailer's accessible style aesthetic to items like towels and bedding.
In addition, the mega-shop partnered with some of its favorite bloggers to debut "50 States of Fashion." They tapped one tastemaker from each state to ask readers to tag photos of their new ensembles featuring goods from the brand in a search for America's best H&M outfit. But we're most excited about the simple ability to shop, shop, shop with just one click! What's on our wish list? Check out our top 10 H&M finds for fall, all of which are available for purchase online now.
Read More »from It's (Finally) Here! H&M Launches Its Online Shop
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- Dinner Tonight: Broccoli Apple Soup + Raw Kale SaladWed, Dec 4, 2013 10:31 AM EST
- Christmas Thumbprint CookiesWed, Dec 4, 2013 1:18 PM EST
- Christmas Cake Pops Are Our Gift to YouWed, Dec 4, 2013 2:33 PM EST