Looks like Michelle Obama is not the only trendsetter in the White House. Twelve-year-old Sasha Obama sat court side for a basketball game with the fam on Sunday, and the interweb was abuzz about her adorable unicorn sweater. The ASOS top was originally $62.29 and marked down to $18.69, so when word got out about where to buy Sasha's covetable sweater it immediately sold out. After all the hype, ASOS has said they will be restocking the popular item on December 2-just in time for the holidays. This isn't the first time Malia has caused ladies to flock to stores to copy her wardrobe (remember those gorgeous Kate Spade and J.Crew coats Malia and sister Sasha wore to President Obama's inauguration?), but this unicorn sweater is irresistible and has certainly put Sasha on the map as a stylish youngster to watch. Can't wait till the ASOS version returns? Here's some awesome unicorn gear to tide you over. By Joanna Douglas, Yahoo Shine Senior Fashion and Beauty EditorRead More »from Sasha Obama Confirms What We Already Knew: Unicorn Sweaters Are Rad
- Joanna Douglas, Senior Fashion and Beauty Editor | Fashion – Fri, Nov 22, 2013 4:06 PM EST
- Disney Spoonful | Fashion – Fri, Nov 22, 2013 3:44 PM EST
Make the most of Black Friday this year.You're not seriously braving the Black Friday crowds without a plan, are you? Thousands of other sleep-starved shoppers will be clamoring for those three discounted TVs, so you'd better bring your "A" game. Before you bundle-up to bargain shop, here are some points to consider:
1. Deal or No Deal?: It's easy to get caught up in the excitement of Black Friday. Retailers build-up the anticipation in the hope you'll lose your penny-pinching inhibitions and spend big. However, the discounts aren't always as good as they seem. A 30-percent break off the retail price (who charges retail?) may still be more expensive than what another store offers every day. It pays to do your homework, and the internet makes this easier than ever.
2. Be Pragmatic: With almost every store clamoring for your business, you can't possibly reach them all in one morning. Aside from the deals, consider such common-sense concerns as distance, parking, and the number of items that will get crossed off yourRead More »from Black Friday Prep: 7 Habits of Highly Successful Shoppers
- Sarah B. Weir, Shine Senior Writer | Fashion – Fri, Nov 22, 2013 3:20 PM EST
Jamison Ernest made the surprise announcement that he would be extending his gallery show an additional week so that he could give a gift to seven lucky visitors: $77,777 worth of diamonds. Starting on Saturday, he'll hide a single 177-faceted stone each day in a candlelit maze. "I hope a man who wants to get engaged but can't afford a diamond finds one," he tells Yahoo Shine. "Or a person who doesn't have enough money to get their family food and gifts for the holidays." He adds, "A lot of people have been beaten down so badly by life but just need a little bit of hope to believe in themselves again." The diamonds were purchased with proceeds from sales of his work so far, and he had no idea until a couple of weeks ago whether he could pull off adding the jewels or if last night would be his closing party.Thursday night, New York artist
More on Yahoo: 'Pink Star' Diamond Auctioned for Record $83 Million
Ernest knows from experience what it means to be given a second chance. SixRead More »from 7 Diamonds in 7 Days: Why NYC Artist Is Giving Major Bling to Strangers
- Babble.com | Fashion – Fri, Nov 22, 2013 3:13 PM ESTIf your elementary school was anything like mine, you may have made white paper bonnets or black paper hats with yellow paper buckles to wear to your school's annual Thanksgiving feast. Maybe your school went so far as to make Native American headdresses as well, so that the pilgrims and the Native Americans could sit together in communal harmony. Now that we're all grown up, construction paper hats have lost their appeal, but we can still get into the historic Thanksgiving mood by borrowing some style tips from the pilgrims. Style tips from pilgrims? No, I'm not kidding! The pilgrims were some classy people! Check out my round-up of modern pilgrim style for examples. You can rock more than one this Thanksgiving holiday!
-By Mandi Johnson Read More »from Mayflower Power: 7 Modern Pilgrim Styles to Wear This Thanksgiving
Kim Kardashian's Fairy Tale Wedding Special, Part 2? Kimye Might Throw a Televised Wedding Extravangza After AllBy BRIDES | Fashion – Fri, Nov 22, 2013 2:49 PM EST
By: Lauren Frankfort
According Us Weekly, sources close the couple say that this time, they'll take on the filming themselves and then sell the package to a network. "If they choose to film the wedding, it will be filmed by them, not a TV crew," an insider told Us. "And they'd sell it to a network."
Despite the grandeur of Kim's last E! wedding extravaganza and Kanye's over-the-top stadium proposal, Kimye would prefer to host a nuptials (be it televised) on a much smaller scale. A rep for Kardashian confirms that while they haven't finalized any filming plans, the wedding, though "magnificent," will be "on the small side."
Maybe they were inspired by the recent slew of celebs opting for programmed "I dos:" Former 'NSync member Lance Bass might exchangeRead More »from Kim Kardashian's Fairy Tale Wedding Special, Part 2? Kimye Might Throw a Televised Wedding Extravangza After All
- TheKnot.com | Fashion – Fri, Nov 22, 2013 1:28 PM ESTKatniss Everdeen might be fighting against an oppressive regime called The Capitol, ruled by a tyrant with rancid breath and a strange obsession with roses, and she might also be stuck in a complex love triangle with two gorgeous men that we can only dream about, but let's forget all that for a second and collectively obsess over the killer white wedding dress she wears in the movie, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. If you can't get enough either, here are some of our favorite dresses inspired by her over-the-top gown.
By: Jennie Ma for TheKnot.com
More from The Knot:
Like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/theknot
Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/theknot
© 2013 The Knot. All rights reserved.Read More »from Steal Katniss’s Wedding Dress from the Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- InStyle.com | Fashion – Fri, Nov 22, 2013 12:35 PM EST
Courtesy Photo (2); Startraks Photo (2)Now this is a reason to shop-and celebrate! For the second year, Vestiaire Collective, a site that serves as a safe platform to buy and sell authentic pre-owned luxury items, is hosting an annual charity sale of "partywear" pieces, which happily coincides with the start of holiday dress shopping. Celebrities and designers alike have donated high-end coveted pieces starting at £100 (or, roughly $162) from their personal collections, with proceeds going to their charity of choice. Scoop up Rachel Weisz's pink Joseph dress for £250 (or, $404) or Gemma Arterton's leather Armani dress for £750 (or, $1,212), both benefiting children's charity NSPCC. "We are thrilled that so many leading lights in the fashion world have come out to support our annual charity initiative," said Fanny Moizant, UK Managing Director of the site, in a statement. "This year we expect to raise thousands for charities from Barnardo's to NSPCC." Talk about feel-good fashion! Head on over to vestiairecollective.com toRead More »from Clothes for a Cause: Shop Celebrity-Donated Pieces for Charity
- Vogue Magazine | Fashion – Fri, Nov 22, 2013 12:29 PM ESTKelly Connor
The convergence of Hanukkah and Thanksgiving: It last happened in 1888 and it won't happen again for another 77,798 years. For many Jewish Americans, this is not a trivial occasion, but rather a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to celebrate two holidays-one quintessentially American, the other wholly Jewish-at once. Here, ten designers, bloggers, and more share their creative approach to this most unlikely of events.Read More »from Thanksgivukkah: 10 Tips to Celebrate the Dual Holiday
- Katherine Bernard
The quickest way to a crop top is to just crop a top, take scissors to it and go. Easy, right? Well, as it turns out, the quickest way to deep personal regret is also to crop a top, take scissors to it and go. With shortened shirts all over the spring runways at Alexander Wang, Rodarte, Rag & Bone, and more, it's tempting to test-drive the look now, when a flash of skin under a blazer under a cozy overcoat is a fun wink at winter. But while anyone can cut their clothes, it takes an eye and honed instincts to do it so that it looks like the result of a Savile Row-level tailor, not a bottle of red wine crossed with a revisit of Christina Aguilera's "Genie in a Bottle" video.
See more: 10 Best Beauty Looks for All AgesRead More »from How to Hack It: Make Your Own Crop Top
First, picture the shirt you want to cut. Then, picture it as two tragic new rags to polish your coffee table. If you start to well with tears, choose another. The best DIY crop tops are born from pieces you haven't been able to resurrect for
- By Ellen Hoffman, Refinery29
Here at R29 HQ, we love a good coat sale. In our books, a get-it-before-it's-gone deal simply can't be beat. And, fortunately, this season is one of the most wonderful times of the year for savings. So, to help weather the chill, we've culled 8 gorgeous toppers - and they're all on sale. If that's not a li'l pre-holiday magic, we don't know what is.
From puffers and patterns to trenches and chic, woolly statement pieces, these coats are just begging for opportunities to get off their hangers. And, that's where you come in. Snag these babies before someone else does - because we have a feeling they won't be in stock much longer. Besides, just think of all the compliments you'll receive when you visit with the relatives next Thursday. For us, that's motivation enough. The sales? Well, they're just icing on the cake whipped cream on the pumpkin pie.Read More »from 8 Gorgeous Winter Coats — ALL on Sale!
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- Dinner Tonight: Broccoli Apple Soup + Raw Kale SaladWed, Dec 4, 2013 10:31 AM EST
- Christmas Thumbprint CookiesWed, Dec 4, 2013 1:18 PM EST
- Christmas Cake Pops Are Our Gift to YouWed, Dec 4, 2013 2:33 PM EST