David Miller/ABACAUSA.COM; Courtesy PhotPets are getting coveted backstage access at New York Fashion Week! We spotted a fluffy ginger cat on the picnic set-up at Rachel Antonoff's spring 2013 presentation (she told us she always has a cat on-set), and we snapped a cute shot of Lela Rose's daughter, Rosey, walking her pooch, Stitch, backstage before her mom's show. Can't get enough cute? Click through to see more stars with their furry friends!Read More »from New York Fashion Week Hearts Pets!
- Valerie Isakova, Shine Parenting Editor | Fashion – Mon, Sep 10, 2012 3:04 PM EDT
lifeguard" models got into trouble for racist photos and actions at a recent store-opening in Yeouido, South Korea.Surf-prepster brand Hollister's dude posse of shirtless "Read More »from Hollister Models Post Racist Photos from South Korea Store Opening, Get Fired
More from Shine: Hollister: Hell on earth
One all-American-appearing brand ambassador in a "Hollister Surf Guard" t-shirt posed making fake "slanty-eyes" in front of local tourist attraction, Royal Gueongbokkung Palace and posted the photo on his personal Twitter account. When a follower commented 'please look at how many Asians liked that picture... Impressive', the model from the photo wrote, with a fake "Asian" accent, 'Hahahaha they ruhhvvvv ittt!'.
In another, separate incident, reported on by the U.K. paper The Daily Mail, a model posing with locals during the store opening was covertly giving the middle finger to the camera. Both incidents were originally reported on Sept 7th by English-language Korean blog KoreaBang. Koreans aware of the incident, the paper said, were offended. "I've got to
After hearing that supermodel Karlie Kloss has her own line of cookies (with all proceeds going towards the charity FEED) … it's official: Karlie is our newest model crush. Sure the cookies may be gluten-free (aka probably not as delicious as Mrs. Fields), but we still think it's pretty awesome that this fashion industry icon has the time to whip up a batch of treats during the chaos that is Fashion Week. We love a girl who can bake. Other than her cookies, here are some other reasons to love Miss Kloss:
1. She's killing it at Fashion Week. One of the most sought-after models to walk the runway, our favorite cameo appearance of hers so far was during the Jason Wu show last Friday. Dressed in a black bodysuit and sheer, tulle skirt she worked the "no pants" look like none other.
2. She's the face of, like, every fashion campaign. Though she just celebrated her 20th birthday, she's already posed for Alexander McQueen, YSL,Read More »from Why We Love Fashion Model Karlie Kloss
- Don't have an hour to get ready in the morning? No problem! You'll look put together in mere minutes with these totally doable tips. By Holly Corbett, REDBOOK.
Read More »from 7 Ways to Look Perfectly Polished
"Project Runway" is currently airing their 10th season, but in real time the series has just ended. In order to avoid spoilers of the top three competitors, all eight remaining designers presented their collections at New York Fashion Week. We don't who wins, or who is even in the top three, but SPOILER ALERT! We have some photos of their designs. Take a look at our sneak preview, including the finalists and some red herrings. Let us know whose designs you like the best. By Joanna Douglas, Senior Fashion & Beauty editor
Read More »from Project Runway Season 10 Finale Presentation
- Joanna Douglas, Senior Fashion and Beauty Editor | Fashion – Sun, Sep 9, 2012 10:47 PM EDT
We're at the half way point of New York Fashion Week, and as Shine's senior fashion and beauty editor, I'm bypassing the bizarre, impractical, so-called trends no one cares about and showcasing three exciting things I see each day. Here are the best moments of Day 5:Read More »from Three Things We Loved Today: New York Fashion Week Day 5
All white at Malandrino. Photo by Joanna Douglas1. "White is really the new black" says Catherine Malandrino
We often hear '___ is the new black,' but I'm definitely seeing an overwhelming amount of white this season, and designer Catherine Malandrino confirmed the shift today at her spring presentation. "For me it's about the lightening of the spirit," Malandrino told me exclusively. To prevent all-white outfits from looking drab she combined fabrics like stretch cotton jacquard, leather, and even mesh to a create "a lot of windows on the body and a defining graphic quality that is rich in texture." She insists women of all skin colors look fabulous in head-to-toe white. "It's about being majestic, regal, very luminous," said Malandrino.
Sarah Jessica Parker sighting! Photo by Getty Images
2. Sarah Jessica Parker!
- Joanna Douglas, Senior Fashion and Beauty Editor | Fashion – Sat, Sep 8, 2012 11:16 PM EDT
We're chugging through New York Fashion Week, and as Shine's senior fashion and beauty editor, I'm steering clear of all snobby pretense and highlighting the three most rousing items I see each day. Here are my favorite sartorial moments from Day 4:Read More »from Three Things We Loved Today: New York Fashion Week Day 4
Mirrored shoes at Christian Siriano. Photo by Getty Images
1. Christian Siriano for Payless mirrored oxfords.
I'm currently on the hunt for metallic lace-up shoes, so imagine how psyched I was when I spotted this adorable pink pair on the runway today. They're admittedly trendy, so the Christian Siriano for Payless price point (typically $25-$55) makes much more sense than a designer pair.
A backless dress at Jill Stuart. Photo by Getty Images
2. The back of this Jill Stuart dress.
Sometimes a dramatic exit is even more important than making an entrance. A backless design isn't the most practical for all women, but this knee-length dress with strategically placed accordion pleats made me swoon.
A day-to-night dress from Rebecca Taylor. Photo by Getty Images
3. Dressy casual at Rebecca Taylor.
I love taking a typically "nighttime" dress and pairing it with something casual for daytime. This studded slip dress
- Curvy Divas | Fashion – Sat, Sep 8, 2012 9:12 PM EDT
While it is usually taboo to wear white after Labor Day, One Stop Plus, the leading online plus-size retailer, offers stylish and innovative ways to implement white into your fall wardrobe. No matter what your shape or size, you can now bend the rules and make a bold statement in white this season.
TIP: Pair a crisp, white, mens-inspired blazer with a great pair of dark denim jeans for a cool fall look. Double-Breasted Blazer
TIP: Add a pair of suede fall boots in a neutral color like camel or taupe to a light-weight, white dress.
Try pairing your favorite white top, dress or blazer with accessories in neutral colors like camel and army green to add hints of color to your outfit. Simple additions like jackets, belts and boots will help to break-up the color, adding a sleek finish to your fall ensemble.
TIP: A chunky white sweater will keep you cozy and cool this fall.Read More »from Tips for Wearing White After Labor Day for Curvy Women
- Joanna Douglas, Senior Fashion and Beauty Editor | Fashion – Sat, Sep 8, 2012 12:52 AM EDT
New York Fashion Week is underway and I, your faithful senior fashion and beauty editor, am skipping over the so-called "trends" and showcasing three inspiring and eye-catching things each day. Here's the best of day 3:Read More »from Three Things We Loved Today: New York Fashion Week Day 3
Futuristic prints at Nicole Miller. Photo by Getty Images
1. Sci-fi at Nicole Miller
Forget floral prints-the fabric at this show paid tribute to outer space. This planet-adorned dress is just abstract enough to avoid looking like kitschy '80s leftovers.
A lovely model at Jason Wu. Photo by Getty Images
2. Old school glamor at Jason Wu
This Michelle Obama fave really knows how to class it up. Wu enlisted Kérastase hair stylists and MAC makeup artists to create this look for his ultra-feminine spring collection. The netting takes it from gorgeous to complete knockout.
Brand new bags at Rebecca Minkoff. Photo by Getty Images
3. The bags at Rebecca Minkoff
Since Minkoff now makes every type of garment imaginable, her purses have become the cherry on top. I've been noticing lots of briefcase-style handbags with detachable straps and though it may get dirty, this crisp white bag would look sensation come
The fast rising star of the new hit film 'The Words,' Zoe Saldana, gets a top-tier award for her easy laid-back style. She always dresses to impress, even in her everyday denim. She takes a t-shirt and makes it special with eye-catching accessories and flawless makeup. If you're looking for a great weekend outfit to wear on a daytime date or out to a lunch at your local farmer's market, take a look at Zoe before heading out the door.
1. J. Crew Basic White Tee, $25
2. J Brand Skinny Leg Jeans (actual), $175
3. Asos Tassel Crossbody Bag, $26
4. Rocker Bracelet Set (shoplately.com), $16
1. Knitted Blue Cardigan (ROMWE.com), $22.95
2. Bacio 61 Estatto, $160
3. Waverly Cory Satchel, $295
4. Grey and White Striped Tee (sheinside.com), $33
5. J Brand Maria High-Rise (actual), $220Read More »from Zoe Saldana’s Laid-Back Style
No matter what your style, remember to stay true to yourself and you will always look amazing! Follow the
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- Pesto Chicken Burgers14 hours ago