By Lexi Nisita, Refinery29
- In case you missed it (but seriously, what were you doing last night?), Michelle Obama wore a sparkling magenta Michael Kors dress last night to celebrate President Obama's re-election. Look familiar? That's because she wore it in 2009 and again in 2010.
What do you think of Michelle's outfit repetition? Of course, the First Lady looked stunning as ever, and it's certainly a sign of the family's commitment to appear down-to-earth and approachable. But do you want (dare we say expect) to see a new dress for an occasion like this? There were probably hundreds of designers throwing options at her!
Though she looked great, we will say we missed her coordination from the 2008 election with daughter Malia. That red-on-red nearly stole the show! The girls looked great last night, too, in equally sparkly outfits. Do we sense some holiday cheer in the air?
- By the way, Malia has grown up so much in the last four years. She's crazy beautiful already and
- Refinery29 | Fashion – Wed, Nov 7, 2012 10:27 AM EST
By Lexi Nisita, Refinery29Read More »from Michelle Obama Repeats Michael Kors Stunner on Election Night
We hate sacrificing style for comfort or fashion for function, but nowadays you really don't have to! These affordable accessories provide easy access to all your favorite devices while you remain warm AND pretty. The triple threat! By Joanna Douglas, Senior Fashion and Beauty Editor
Read More »from Stylish Winter Tech Accessories
- Babble.com | Fashion – Tue, Nov 6, 2012 4:09 PM EST
In the light of the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, our hearts go out to everyone affected. While many were gratefully and fortunately unscathed, many others are still in desperate need of food, water and other forms of relief. These folks are in our hearts and on our minds, so we wanted to spread the love by sharing 7 online shops who are donating a portion of sales to organizations committed to aiding Hurricane Sandy victims. You can also check out this site for a list of organizations aiding the cause or pop over to Charity Navigator to find a great organization you'd love to help out in this moment of need.
MORE ON BABBLE
Read More »from Chipping In: 7 Shops Donating Proceeds to Sandy Relief Efforts
- Disney Baby | Fashion – Tue, Nov 6, 2012 4:03 PM EST
Winter is well on its way and in addition to the holiday season, that also means it's winter coat season! I'll admit that I have somewhat of a jacket addiction, and unfortuntely it's spreading to my kids! Well, okay, I'll admit that they're too young to really care what their coats look like, but that doesn't mean I can't obsess over all the adorable, cozy winter coat options out there for my little ones! One way I have found to get my kids just as excited as me is to look for coats featuring characters they know and love. On that note, here are 7 Disney-inspired winter coats for kids. - By Nadia Carriere
MORE ON DISNEY BABY
Read More »from Warming Up: 7 Winter Coats Inspired by Your Kid's Favorite Characters
Photo: ThinkstockBy Nathalie Gorman
Ignoring the Rule of Three
Your mother told you at one point that you should never buy something if it doesn't go with anything else in your wardrobe. She was right--sort of. Linda Lee, Group Vice President of Macy's By Appointment, the Macy's personal shopping service, says that in her experience, if a blouse goes with only one other item, her clients are not going to get enough wear out of it to make the purchase worthwhile.
Enter the Rule of Three. Whenever you're looking to buy an item, be it earmuffs or a pair of sandals, don't just ask yourself: "Does it go with something I own?" Instead, Lee says to ask yourself: "Can I think of at least three things I am going to wear it with?" If so, snap that up.
Forgetting the Other 50%
Nicole Chavez, stylist to celebrities such as Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel Bilson and Katherine Heigl, says the key to spending less money on clothes is to spend more time on wardrobe upkeep. How much? As manyRead More »from 5 Clothes Shopping Mistakes Costing You Big Time
Alison Syrett, Lucky magazine
Participating in Hurricane Sandy relief efforts can seem overwhelming and discouraging, especially if you live out of town or have lots of office obligations. In such a predicament, one can obviously donate directly to the Red Cross, FEMA or another involved organization. But there's an equally charitable and mutually beneficial option, too: online shopping.
Right now, several of our favorite e-tailers are donating a portion of sales to-or have designed a special product benefiting-hurricane relief efforts. So you can help the cause from anywhere, at any time, while doing something you love-guilt-free. Below, we've listed 13 sites dedicated to helping storm victims-scroll down to check them out now.Read More »from Help Hurricane Sandy Victims by Shopping Online
Read more: 8 Outfits Men Love on Women
1. Natori.com: Through November 11, the brand is donating 20 percent of its online sales-including its ladylike lingerie, elegant home goods, multiple fragrances and more-to The American Red Cross.
Becca Gross, Lucky magazineRead More »from 5 Ways to Make Your Boobs Look Better
How many times have you looked at a photo of a celebrity and thought to yourself, "OUCH. Girl, what is going on with your boobs?" How do famous people, with professionals on call, end up looking like they've declared war on their own chests? Who knows? But I'm here to help YOU avoid it. Here are my five tips for making your boobs look better:
1. Go to an independent shop and get fitted for the best bra for you, and then buy it, regardless of the cost. Remember that department stores will try to get you in whatever they carry in-store, so they may not fit you properly. An independent shop will carry a much wider selection of sizes. A bra that fits right will be almost uncomfortably snug in the band, and will cup-see what I did there?-your breasts without any spillage or poking. The straps won't slide down, and the band won't ride up. You won't have to fidget constantly. It will be a revelation, and you (and your boobs) will rejoice.
- Vogue Magazine | Fashion – Tue, Nov 6, 2012 1:58 PM EST
Meredith Melling Burke, VogueRead More »from Rock the Vote: 10 Red, White and Blue Pieces for Election Day
Election Day is upon us and no matter who you intend to vote for, there is one point we can all agree on: A little red, white, and blue is always in style. Here, we bring you ten items that celebrate love of country-from Stubbs & Wootton smoking slippers (ideal for the undecided) to a party-agnostic stars-and-stripes scarf-the perfect things to keep you looking patriotic while headed to the polls.
More from Vogue:
Angelina Jolie Through the Years in Vogue
Best Virtual Workouts
Beauty Looks for All Ages
Vogue's Iconic Models
- Lover.ly | Fashion – Tue, Nov 6, 2012 1:30 PM EST
By Mandy Chan, Lover.lyRead More »from What's Up Their Sleeves: The Hottest Trend in Wedding Wear
We've seen them rocked by royal families for decades, and now bridal designers are taking note: Long sleeve gowns are what's hot now. Just imagine...an evening wedding, walking hand in hand with your sweetie, the flickering of candles all around, and delicate lace covering your arms like a warm embrace on a crisp, fall night. This is romance at its best!
There's a long-sleeve gown for all bridal looks, and we've rounded up our 10 favorites. Check out the slideshow for more. And if you're not sure of your bridal style, take the Lover.ly Style Quiz to define your wedding look.
- Babble.com | Fashion – Tue, Nov 6, 2012 1:28 PM EST
My mom has a great fashion sense, and I actually consider her pretty cool! However, there are some fashion pieces she could don that would make her stand out even more than she already does. (Accessories and the right clothing essentials can go a long way toward updating any look!) Here are 7 things that when worn by any mom would make her teen think, "Wow!" and make her feel like a million bucks! - By Tracey Clark and her teen
MORE ON BABBLE
Read More »from 7 Age-appropriate Fashions for Adults, According to a Teenager
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- Dinner Tonight: Broccoli Apple Soup + Raw Kale SaladWed, Dec 4, 2013 10:31 AM EST
- Christmas Thumbprint CookiesWed, Dec 4, 2013 1:18 PM EST
- Christmas Cake Pops Are Our Gift to YouWed, Dec 4, 2013 2:33 PM EST