- Babble.com | Fashion – Tue, Mar 4, 2014 3:28 PM ESTMy daughter had one big reason for wanting to watch the 2014 Academy Awards®; she wanted to see Idina Menzel (or Adele Dazeem if you prefer) perform "Let it Go" from Frozen. But Idina's performance was the last of the night, forcing countless children across the nation to stay up past their bedtime to see their favorite song ever performed live. In our home, to pass the time until the BIG moment, I had my Frozen-loving 8-year-old give her opinions on what the rest of the stars were wearing, giving her unique take on the Oscar® red carpet fashions. -By: Sunny Chanel Read More »from What Happens when an 8-Year-Old Judges Oscar® Red Carpet Looks
- Vanity Fair | Fashion – Tue, Mar 4, 2014 3:22 PM EST
Watch your favorite A-listers shift gears for the Vanity Fair Oscar party
While we were treated to plenty of red carpet beauty at the Oscars last night, thanks to the likes of Charlize Theron in Dior Haute Couture and Angelina Jolie in Elie Saab Couture, Hollywood's biggest and brightest stars gave us even more glamour at the Vanity Fair Oscar party. Best supporting actress Lupita Nyong'o traded in her baby blue, pleated Prada for a beaded, seafoam-green Miu Miu, and Jennifer Lawrence changed from her dramatic red Dior Haute Couture number into a broken glass-embroidered Tom Ford dress. Click through the slide show for many more Oscar night transformations.
See more from Vanity Fair:
All the Celebrities Who Braved Grease Stains to Enjoy Some Oscar Pizza
What It's REALLY Like to Attend the Oscars
Inside the Vanity Fair Oscar Party Portrait Studio
Kate Middleton at the Oscars, What The Duchess Would Wear
Read More »from Best Oscar Night Transformations: From Red Carpet Glamour to Party-Girl Chic
- OKMagazine | Fashion – Tue, Mar 4, 2014 2:36 PM EST
Without those shirtsleeves of tattoos, Weekend Update's Stefon just wouldn't be the same club-lovin' guy we've come to adore. The genius behind his look and a ton of unforgettable characters on Saturday Night Live? Costume Designer Tom Broecker, a man who has perfected the art of foam omelet costumes on Justin Timberlake and plenty of other looks (like Jebidiah Atkinson's historical getup) for over 20 years! We caught up with the costume designer, who is also behind some of the looks of House of Cards and 30 Rock, and learned a few interesting facts about styling SNL.
1. There Isn't Just One Costume Closet
"We have a couple different storage closets around the 30 Rock building where we shoot Saturday Night Live. The crazy costumes are sent to a storage facility in Brooklyn. And by crazy, I mean the big foam costumes and things that are too big for regular use-things like all the Justin Timberlake foam costumes from 'OmeletteVille,'" says Tom.
2. The Costumes Come From TonsRead More »from 8 Things You Never Knew About the SNL Costume Department
by Hillary McDanielsRead More »from 13 Wedding Dresses Perfect for Beach Brides
From Aruba to Hawaii and the Caribbean to the East Coast, beach nuptials are the golden tickets of the wedding-invite world. But when it comes to actually planning the ceremony, seaside and destination weddings can be tricky. So we want to cut down on some of the sweat and get you sun-soaking and sandy-toed as soon as possible! We've found 13 gowns perfect for a truly unique, one-of-a-kind beach wedding. Click through the slideshow above to shop them all now.
- BRIDES | Fashion – Tue, Mar 4, 2014 12:18 PM EST
by Terri Pous
We've said it once, we'll say it again: There are countless ways for mothers of the bride (and groom!) to look gorgeous on their son or daughter's wedding day. Just like a bride, moms have a wealth of dress fabrics, colors, and styles to choose from, plus the added benefit of that maternal glow of pride.
This year's Oscars ceremony and red carpet showed us tons of gorgeous gowns, and some of our favorites were worn by ageless stars like Sally Field and Glenn Close. Even better: many nominees brought their mothers as dates, giving us even more mother-of-the-bride dress-worthy gowns to lust over! Here, our favorite looks.
More from Brides:Read More »from Calling All Mothers-of-the-Bride: Get Wedding Style Inspiration from These Oscar Dresses
The Most Flattering Wedding Dress for Your Body Type
Kim Kardashian's Wedding Dress! 11 Fantasy Sketches
The Most Creative Wedding Cakes of the Year
Stunning Celebrity Engagement Rings
- Vanity Fair | Fashion – Tue, Mar 4, 2014 12:04 PM ESTJosh Duboff
Kate Middleton and Prince GeorgeWe've known for some time now that Kate Middleton and Prince William were on the lookout for a new nanny for Prince George. They have been receiving babysitting help from 71-year-old Jessie Webb-who helped take care of William when he was younger-but Webb's stay was always meant to be temporary. And now it would appear that the Craigslist ad Kate posted has garnered at least one acceptable response, as a new nanny has reportedly been hired.
SEE MORE: Kate Middleton's Hair is Under Attack!
In the press briefing on Sunday outlining the itinerary and logistics for Kate, William, and George's upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand, the couple's secretary-who may not have realized he would be inadvertently breaking news with this catalogue-listed the names of those who would be traveling in the royal party (a personal assistant, a hairdresser, etc.), before concluding, "A new addition to the party is, of course, Prince George's nanny." (If this had taken place in Read More »from Kate Middleton Has a New Mystery Nanny for Prince George
- By Vanessa Golembewski, Refinery29
At this point, we're pretty much forcing spring to come out of hiding. Yes, we know Punxsutawney Phil said winter was going to truck on for another six weeks. But, we're simply not having it. Slowly but surely, we're starting to pack away our hats, boots, and other winter peripherals. And, we're pulling out our spring favorites and trying to integrate key pieces back into our wardrobe. Up first? Our shoes!
RELATED: The Best Black Tights You Need To Know About
Ahead, 11 flats that will help you forget the cold. Because when it comes to our shoe collection, we don't really care what that dang groundhog said.
RELATED: Is This Weird Little Gadget The Answer To Eliminating Cellulite?
More From Refinery29:
20 Amazing Curvy-Girl Fashion Finds
The 12 Most Flattering Dresses, Ever
How To Dress For YOUR Body Type! 15 Must-Know Tricks
24 Amazingly Affordable Shoes - All Under $100
- Dressed, Glamour Magazine | Fashion – Tue, Mar 4, 2014 10:34 AM EST
by Danica Lo
Getty ImagesDuchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton is about to embark on an international state visit to Australia and New Zealand with Prince William and their adorable baby, Prince George. But what will Kate wear over the 19-day tour next month?From official state receptions to game days with children to hospice visits to museum tours, Kate will need a wardrobe that spans the casual-dressy spectrum. Obviously, we have some suggestions.
Kate's been known to rock a Temperley London dress every now and again--and here's one from the label's spring runway that would definitely make a splash. It's got a classic silhouette that Kate likes but features a bold print that would really pop in photos.
For dressier evening events that don't require a full-length gown, I'd love to see Kate try out something from Erdem's spring collection--maybe this sheer-ish white long-sleeve number--perhaps taken in a bit at the waist, justRead More »from Kate Middleton Wardrobe Watch: 8 Looks We'd Love to See the Duchess Wear
- Save The Date, Glamour Magazine | Fashion – Tue, Mar 4, 2014 10:29 AM EST
by Kim Fusaro
Aligote Top and Macabeau Skirt from Houghton NYC. (Courtesy of designer.)
Yes, I know a midriff-baring wedding dress sounds totally cray, in theory. But I'm currently obsessed with this Houghton NYC gown--which is actually a top-and-skirt combo. Check it out: Here's why I think it works:
1) It's not showing THAT much skin. Unless you're standing with your shoulders back, it looks like less than an inch of bare skin would be exposed.
See more: 10 Beauty Tricks That Make Guys Melt
2) The rest of the dress is SO covered up. If the top also featured a plunging neckline and a low-cut back, it would all be a bit much, but this top is otherwise modest.
3) I like how the top and the skirt both have some peekaboo action. The top is a little cropped and the skirt has a not-too-dramatic high-low hem, so your shoes would peek out from the bottom.
See more: The Best Shoes for Spring 2014
4) The top hits at a flattering point. No matter your shape, I feel like the space just below your ribs is a nice area on most girls--it's not treadingRead More »from A Wedding Dress that Flashes Your Abs? It's Cuter Than You Think. (Also: Pockets!)
- Lucky Magazine | Fashion – Tue, Mar 4, 2014 10:18 AM EST
See more: 8 Outfits Men Love on WomenJennifer Lawrence seemed a bit distracted when she took the stage at Sunday's Oscars to present the Best Actor trophy-though coming off her cool-girl track record, we didn't even bat a lash. As JLaw sauntered onstage in that extraordinary crimson Dior gown, she approached the stage and joked to the audience, "Is this funny?"
See more: How to Wear a Baseball Cap and Look Cool
As it turns out, the American Hustle actress was fending off Ellen DeGeneres, who cautiously withdrew from the podium in preparation for another onstage tumble, à la JLaw's dramatic Best Actress nosedive last year. While most of us didn't catch Ellen's jest, Jared Leto, Matthew McConaughey and the rest of the front-row clearly found it hilarious.
This is essentially the ultimate inside joke to end all inside jokes. Just when we started to feel at one with Hollywood's biggest and brightest stars thanks to that Stars-They're Just Like Us!-styleRead More »from The Real Reason Why Jennifer Lawrence's Best Actor Presentation was Interrupted
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- So This Must Be What Santa Claus Drinks on VacationSat, Dec 14, 2013 6:10 PM EST
- We've Officially Fused December's Two Most Decadent TreatsSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:09 AM EST
- Gorgeous Graphic Cookies -- No Special Tools (or, Um, Skills) RequiredSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST