Holiday shopping is about to get very easy. Get ready to check everyone off your list with this gift guide for the Hostess, Person Who Has Everything, and Pet Obsessed. Plus these gift guides for: *It Girl, *Your Boyfriend , *Guy You Just Started Dating , *Longtime Love, *Modern HomemakerRead More »from Holiday Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Slaves to Fashion, Glamour Magazine | Fashion – Thu, Dec 12, 2013 3:50 PM EST
by Danica Lo
See more: The Best Celeb Haircut for Your Texture
"Nicole is definitely my style icon, and she's the best person to go shopping with," Sofia told Teen Vogue last year. "She's really honest. Other people are afraid to hurt your feelings, so they'll tell you something's cute when it isn't, but she'll be like, 'No, discard that."
Ha ha, we always knew Nicole was a no-holds-barred super-honest advice giver!Read More »from This Model's Big Sister is One of Our Favorites Celebs. Can You Guess Who?
- Slaves to Fashion, Glamour Magazine | Fashion – Thu, Dec 12, 2013 3:05 PM EST
by Fawnia Soo HooRead More »from Brighten Up a Blah Winter Day like a Flirty, Fun London Girl
Getty Images There are 21 days until the new year, but I'm actually counting down the 26 long days until the season-four premiere of Downton Abbey. So many questions unanswered, like how's little Sybbie doing? What about Edith and her married man? And how will Lady Mary take the TRAGIC news (seriously, I'm still not over it yet). But in the meantime (and in real life), Michelle Dockery, who plays Lady Mary, looked bright and cheerful in New York City yesterday--all while nailing an eclectically elegant and very London-girl-chic outfit.
by Jen Weinberg
Last night, I was invited to attend the the Parker Party holiday shopping event at the home of A-list founder Ashlee Margolis (a.k.a. celeb whisperer) in Beverly Hills. Apparently, I did not get the fashion memo, but some of Hollywood's cutest girls did, all decked in their finest graphic black-and-white ensembles, to shop for gifts from brands like Everlane, James Jeans, Parker, Dr. Lancer, and Olive & June. Check out their looks for a lesson in how to rock a separate.
Here, Jaime King sports a graphic Mara Hoffman coat over classic black jeans and a white Parker top. A statement coat is a great way to make any basic look a standout.
Prim vs. sporty, Kate Mara and Rashida Jones are yin and yang in their outfits. Kate is polished as can be in her Everlane sweater and James jeans. She shows us how to take an all-black base and accent it with a pretty Peter Pan collar, a clutch, and a slicked-back pony for the ultimate a ladylike look. Rashida took the same blackRead More »from 6 Fresh Ways to Wear Black and White
by Hillary McDaniels
Who doesn't love holiday parties? All those sparkly dresses, twinkling lights-and of course, the fun and food!
This year, give something extra-special to all those amazing hostess friends who open their doors to you. From food to tabletop must-haves to music, we've got 25 incredible options that will keep your friends feeling the holiday spirit throughout the year to come.
Read More »from Gift Guide: 25 Holiday Hostess Gifts
- Teen Vogue | Fashion – Thu, Dec 12, 2013 2:09 PM EST
by Marianne Dabir
You've got both smoky eyes and statement lips on lock, but now it's time to master a cool new 'do or two for all your holiday soirees. Skip the intricate updos and fancy chignons this season, and gives braids a go for fuss-free party-perfect hair. Not only are pretty plaits super versatile, but they're deceivingly easy to DIY. You can create a sparkly, high-impact style like Katy Perry's in a matter of minutes, or stick with a classic oldie-but-goodie braid like Rita Ora's for low-key glamour.
For more red carpet-worthy braid inspo, take a look at all the stars who are embracing fishtails, frenches, and everything in between.
More from Teen Vogue:Read More »from 6 Fancy Celeb Braids that Are Perfect for All Your Holiday Parties
The Best Dressed College Students Across the Country
Star Power! We Look to Hollywood for Fall Hair Color Inspiration
Pretty Please! Fall's 100 Cutest Dresses
10 Quick Ways to Pump Up Your Ponytail
- Girls in the Beauty Department, Glamour Magazine | Fashion – Thu, Dec 12, 2013 1:06 PM EST
by Petra Guglielmetti
Chris Jackson / Getty Images
If you don't already have a slight girlcrush on current Glamour cover girl Claire Danes, you will after seeing how gorgeous she looked yesterday at the 20th Annual Nobel Peace Prize Concert press conference in Norway.
I think this might be Claire's prettiest hair and makeup look of all time--do you agree? The waves give her a soft, romantic vibe that we never get to see her wear on Homeland, and the golden color looks so flattering and natural. Now take a closer look at that lovely makeup.Chris Jackson / Getty ImagesShe has silvery-gray pencil smudged softly on her lids and beneath her eyes, with the prettiest rosy lipstick color-which is traced ever-so-subtly outside her lips to make them appear fuller.
See more: The Best Celeb Haircut for Your Texture
What do you think of Claire Danes' hair and makeup here? Do you like seeing her a little more glamorous than she gets to be as Carrie on Homeland?
More from Glamour:Read More »from Yesterday, Claire Danes Looked Prettier Than Ever--Let's Break Down Exactly Why
- Vogue Magazine | Fashion – Thu, Dec 12, 2013 11:54 AM ESTPatricia Garcia
Sequins, lamé, Bradley Cooper's perm-if you've watched the American Hustle trailer, the mere sight of Oscar-nominated actors Amy Adams, Jennifer Lawrence, Christian Bale, Cooper, and Jeremy Renner in glamorous '70s getups is enough to have you running to a theater come Friday. A direct reaction to the counter-cultural hippie fashion of the previous decade, the seventies, specifically the outlandish disco era, was all about louche exuberance and unapologetic fun. Style was sexed-up, silhouettes took a turn to the exaggerated-as did heels and hemlines-and there was certainly a nouveau riche whiff in the air with all that gold and fur being paraded around. Inspired by Lawrence's sparkling halter dresses, Adams's plunging necklines, and even Bale's flared three-piece suits in David O. Russell's latest movie, we took a nostalgic look at other films that showcased the magic of disco fashion in all of its go-for-broke glory.
More from Vogue:Read More »from Dress the Part: "American Hustle" and the 70s Style of 5 Other Films
Best Met Gala Looks of All
- Babble.com | Fashion – Thu, Dec 12, 2013 11:43 AM EST'Tis the season for the little black dress! The holiday season brings lots of parties and get-togethers, not to mention colder weather that makes us all gravitate toward darker colors. The little black dress is a staple for many women and it provides such a fantastic blank canvas for creativity. You can add all kinds of different colors, patterns, textures, and shiny baubles to take your dress from boring black to casual, fancy, sexy, and beyond. Here are 7 ways you can accessorize your LBD for any occasion.
-By Kayla Moncur Read More »from Sartorial Stand-By: 7 Chic Ways to Accessorize Your Little Black Dress
- Vogue Magazine | Fashion – Thu, Dec 12, 2013 11:36 AM ESTMolly Creeden
Tuesday night, anyone with a television and a cable connection tuned in to the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, where the world's best bodies walked the liveliest runway in New York wearing little more than their lingerie and a 10-foot-plus set of wings. What does it take for the models to prepare-mentally and physically-for the big event? We asked some of the top Angels to divulge their secrets for getting ready in the months and weeks leading up to the show. Here, their responses, which reveal the steely fortitude of a professional athlete-and a near-universal obsession with coconut water.Read More »from Victoria's Secret Angels' Workout Secrets, Revealed!
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- So This Must Be What Santa Claus Drinks on VacationSat, Dec 14, 2013 6:10 PM EST
- We've Officially Fused December's Two Most Decadent TreatsSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:09 AM EST
- Gorgeous Graphic Cookies -- No Special Tools (or, Um, Skills) RequiredSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST