Ladies, it's time to step into party season. And, though we know you're going to do it in style, why not add a little comfort and practicality to the mix? Enter the kitten heel.
A far cry from your great-aunt's favorite orthopedic pair, this season's low heels are just as chic as their towering counterparts. Sound like something worthy of a night filled with cocktailing, mingling, and dancing? We thought so. Click through for the lineup - trust, your tootsies will thank you.
More From Refinery29:
10 Fall Accessory Trends To Know
11 Flattering Under $100 Dresses
8 Fall Boots Under $150 That Look Super Expensive
70 Denim Outfits To Try NOW
- Refinery29 | Fashion – Wed, Nov 27, 2013 10:59 AM ESTBy Amanda Keiser, Refinery29
Ladies, it's time to step into party season. And, though we know you're going to do it in style, why not add a little comfort and practicality to the mix? Enter the kitten heel.Read More »from 5 Low-Lying Heels That'll Take Your Style Sky-High
- Refinery29 | Fashion – Wed, Nov 27, 2013 10:51 AM ESTBy Connie Wang, Refinery29
.We've all been tempted. You've found the perfect thing to wear to tonight's big shindig - it's just too bad that it's way out of your budget, and you can't figure out where you could wear it again. But, if you tuck the tag underneath the zipper and make sure you're extra careful about that Merlot, you think you could get away with bringing it back the day after...
That's when the crippling anxiety sets in, and a slew of scenarios - What if they find you out? What if the sales associate notices the bent tags? What if she can smell my perfume? - prevents you from going any further. However, there are communities of women who've managed to beat the system by treating shopping like a rental service. We spoke to one of these buyers-and-returners about her secrets, her motivations, her guilt, and how she's going to return the $600 dress she wore to her prom seven years ago.
So, when did this all start? Have you always been a buyer-and-returner, or is this aRead More »from Buy, Wear Once, & Return: We Talk to One Guilty Shopper
- TheKnot.com | Fashion – Wed, Nov 27, 2013 10:11 AM EST
We finally got a closer look at Whitney Port's engagement ring and it's as chic and elegant as The City star herself. Recently engaged to Tim Rosenman (whom she met on set of the MTV spinoff while Tim was a producer), Whitney's new ring features a three-carat oval-shaped diamond set in a four-prong setting on a gold band. Love this look as much as we do? Here are some of our favorite styles similar to Whitney's for you to steal!
By: Heather Hall for TheKnot.com
More from The Knot:
Like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/theknot
Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/theknot
© 2013 The Knot. All rights reserved.Read More »from Whitney Port's Engaged! 5 Look-Alike Engagement Rings
- InStyle.com | Fashion – Wed, Nov 27, 2013 9:26 AM ESTCourtesy Cruciani Bracelets (8)
Your old-school friendship bracelets just got a makeover. Beyonce, Heidi Klum and Rita Ora were all spotted sporting the latest in BFF accessories: Cruciani C. Hailed from Italy, these macrame (the same knotting technique used to make friendship bracelets) lace add-ons exploded in popularity in August 2011, thanks to its famous four-leaf clover design, which continues to remain as the brand's best-seller. Stack two, three or four, like Beyonce who piled on an arm party with "Crux," "Hand of Fatima," "Racquet" and "Capri" in assorted pretty pastels. Or, copy Heidi who mixed textiles and strung the "DKMS Charity" band next to a statement cuff. Rita did the same, teaming her "Heart" with gilded jewelry. Or, simply wear it solo. The threaded wraparound comes in pretty much every color imaginable and in a library of styles, from evergreen to seasonal. At $18 a pop, scoop one up at crucianic.com to get in on the Cruciani craze.
MORE:Read More »from The New Friendship Bracelet on the Block: Cruciani C (Beyonce, Heidi and Rita Are Fans!)
• Steal Your Favorite Star's Style
- StyleCaster News | Fashion – Tue, Nov 26, 2013 5:26 PM EST
By Julie Gerstein, StyleCaster
Kickstarter is a useful tool for helping entrepreneurs launch new projects and raise money for emerging start-ups, but-since we're dealing with inventors here-it's also a breeding ground for some of the strangest, most bizarre, and totally out-there fashion ideas we've ever seen.
That said, we've gathered 12 of the all-time weirdest fashion inventions on Kickstarter below for your amusement. Read through, and let us know which one (if any) you think has a shot of taking off.
More from StyleCaster:Read More »from The 12 All-Time Weirdest Fashion Inventions on Kickstarter
Cate Blanchett Terrifies Us in This New York Times Short Film
How to Remove Stains: 20 Genius Tricks That Really Work
5 Seriously Clever Holiday Gifting Tips
5 Stylish Things You Can Buy for the Price of a Pumpkin Spice Latte
Test Out New Beauty Trends Without Spending a Dime
- StyleCaster News | Fashion – Tue, Nov 26, 2013 4:56 PM EST
By Perrie Samotin, StyleCaster
removing stainsWhen it comes to general housekeeping, it sometimes seems that everyone and their mother (literally!) have tried-and-true tips and tricks they absolutely swear by, especially when it comes to caring for your clothing. Some are useful, while others … well, not so much.
Related Article: Cate Blanchett Terrifies Us in This New York Times Short Film
One particular area where there seems to be an excess of confusion? How to remove stains. We've heard so many remedies to the point where we simply had to look into what really works, and what's nothing but fashion folklore. Below, we've compiled 20 clever tricks that work when it comes to lifting stains on everything from silk to leather, and everything in between. Read on to get educated!
Related Article: The 12 All-Time Weirdest Fashion Inventions On Kickstarter
1. Soak red wine stains in white wine, then cover the stain with a thick baking soda paste. Let it sit a few hours, then wash asRead More »from How to Remove Stains: 20 Genius Tricks that Really Work
- Babble.com | Fashion – Tue, Nov 26, 2013 3:37 PM ESTSince I was old enough to walk, I've been head over heels (pun intended) in love with shoes, particularly high heels. In fact, my first real job was selling shoes at Nordstrom's. For a short time, the women's shoe department cured me of my insatiable appetite for more shoes. It was a hard job. Now, with the holidays at our feet (another pun intended), we are all getting dressed up for parties and festivities! Whether you've already found the dress, or you are looking for some inspiration for how to dress up, you are going to need a pair of gorgeous shoes. As much as we all would love to slip our feet into a pair of Jimmy Choos, it's likely not in our holiday budget with gifts, food, and trims on the list. So I found 7 pretty pairs for under $100! Whether you like silver and gold, traditional and classic, shiny and sparkly, or something a little more out of the box (sorry, I had too), I've got a pair for you!
-By Brooke White and Summer Bellessa
MORE ON BABBLERead More »from Shod in the Dark: 7 Hot Holiday Heels for Under $100
10 stylish statement
- Joanna Douglas, Senior Fashion and Beauty Editor | Fashion – Tue, Nov 26, 2013 3:01 PM ESTPatagonia is asking customers NOT to shop on Black FridayThis year, Black Friday has evolved into Black Thursday, with big retailers like Walmart, Target, Macy's, Kohl's, and J.C. Penney opening their doors to rabid shoppers on Thanksgiving day. According to the National Retail Federation, 140 million people will be shopping over the holiday weekend. While most businesses are busy drumming up techniques to lure shoppers and get them to spend more money, Patagonia has taken a vastly different approach.
More on Yahoo Shine: 4 Unexpected Items Yield Big Savings on Black Friday
The outdoor apparel company has launched an anti-Black Friday campaign, urging customers not to buy new items and, instead, to repair their old Patagonia gear instead. The retailer launched a partnership with iFixit to provide repair guides for every type of Patagonia gear, from jackets to clothing to luggage. This initiative is also coming to life in 15 of its retail locations in cities around the country. Starting at 4 p.m. on Black Friday customers can bring old,Read More »from Patagonia Tells Customers Not to Shop on Black Friday. Wait, What?
Vanderpump Rules' Stassi Schroeder is OK!'s newest style star! Each week, Stassi will be giving you a peek into her chic world to hear about the fashion trends she's loving and how she's using them to style herself and her friends.
Lately I've been spending much of my time in New York City, and it's no secret that this town knows exactly how to inspire the creative originality in everyone. For me, those artistic juices are flowing into my wardrobe. Far away is the sunny laid back style of California; and I am captivated by the more thoughtful and constructed outfits of NYC. The color palette is darker, the looks are edgier, yet there is still a certain elegance and simplicity to this city's style. I've found that I've adopted somewhat of a uniform, and let's just say black is the new black.
I've said before that I am a sucker for wardrobe staples, and I've always felt that way towards black clothing. It can be paired with nearly anything and always delivers a look that isRead More »from Styled by Stassi: All-Black Street Style
By Kellee Khalil, Lover.ly
You're wearing a dress, but your lady isn't so keen on floating down the aisle in a big fluffy gown because it's just not her style? Good news: Spring 2014 Bridal Market was full of sophisticated pantsuits and chic sweater sets with slacks for the no-fuss bride. It's definitely possible to complement each other with your wedding day looks without competing! Here are ideas for the bride who still wants to look her best with a bit more structured look.
More from Lover.ly:
Read More »from Hers & Hers: Stylish Looks for Both Brides
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- Dinner Tonight: Broccoli Apple Soup + Raw Kale SaladWed, Dec 4, 2013 10:31 AM EST
- Christmas Thumbprint CookiesWed, Dec 4, 2013 1:18 PM EST
- Christmas Cake Pops Are Our Gift to YouWed, Dec 4, 2013 2:33 PM EST