by John Jannuzzi
I think by nature, motorcycle jackets are irreverent, so it's strange to think of what exactly makes one "traditional". They're usually black leather with a double zip, a little rough and tough around the edges and were originally meant to protect a biker's skin in case of a motorcycle mishap. Of course, the fashion crowd loves a leather jacket, which means the market is filled with endless variations. When she got married, Leandra Medine wore a custom white leather one by Rebecca Minkoff-so clearly, there's a moto for everyone and any occasion. If you already have your leather one, or aren't into leather, here are 20 takes on the classic silhouette with a little extra something. (Although I wouldn't recommend wearing the lace one on a bike.)
by John JannuzziRead More »from Non-Traditional Moto Jackets for the Rebel in You
- BRIDES | Fashion – Mon, Nov 18, 2013 4:22 PM EST
The diamond and gold "East of Paris" tiara that the former Posh Spice wore to her 1999 wedding to the British soccer star is going up for auction on Dec. 5. London's Bonhams auction house estimates that the latticed piece of wedding headwear from jewelry designer Slim Barrett will sell for between $28,963 and $40,227 (£18,000 and £25,000).
Posh topped off her edgy short hairstyle with the 18-carat gold creation, which went superbly with her roughly $100,000 Vera Wang wedding dress. That slimming, cream-colored gown is sadly off the market, but her tiara has plenty of royal cred to make up for it: It's been displayed at London's Victoria and Albert Museum and Antwerp's Diamond Museum.
- Lucky Magazine | Fashion – Mon, Nov 18, 2013 4:05 PM EST
by Alison Syrett Cleary
It's so much harder to layer clothing at night than during the day-especially right now, smack in the middle of fall. Not just because the temperature drops when it's dark outside, but also because the ideal evening ensemble is supposed to be sleeker and dressier than any work or errand-running outfit. That's a hard look to achieve with several chunky sweaters and a parka.
But getting for dinner, drinks or a party this month doesn't have to be a Sophie's Choice between staying warm and looking good. To see you through late autumn's deep chill, I've pulled together five bundled-up outfits-each tailored to a different type of social event-that look amazing at night. Click through to see and shop my picks now.Read More »from Evening Layering Decoded: Your Winter Guide to Girls' Night Out Style
- Lucky Magazine | Fashion – Mon, Nov 18, 2013 3:38 PM EST
Just hours ago, Katy Perry tweeted out to her 47.5 million followers that she'll soon be embarking on a global series of concerts to promote her new album, PRISM. The aptly-titled Prismatic World Tour will kick off in May 2014 in the UK and be followed by a long string of other international appearances, meaning that the perpetually on-the-go pop star-seriously, did you see her incredible documentary Katy Perry: Part of Me?!-is about to get even busier.
See more: 8 Outfits Men Love on Women
Even in the midst of juggling her music (the girl's got eight number one Billboard singles under her belt, in case you'd forgotten), her product empire (her third fragrance, Killer Queen, launched earlier this year) and countless other endorsement deals (including a plum gig as a spokesperson for Popchips), Katy never rests on her laurels when it comes to her personal style. Whether she's hitting the Met Gala in a light-up gown, covering herself in (faux) candy whileRead More »from EXCLUSIVE: Katy Perry Talks the PRISM Tour, Her Junk Food Kryptonite and Dressing for Her Body Type
- Babble.com | Fashion – Mon, Nov 18, 2013 2:20 PM ESTI think this three-layer rule is a really excellent rule to think about when getting dressed (I think of it at least once a week). If you think about it, visually interesting outfits almost always have three layers or more (jewelry and belts count as their own layer). But as easy as it sounds in writing, it's can sometimes be a challenge to actually layer your clothing. How do you create a layered outfit that works? That isn't bulky? That isn't too busy or overwhelming? Click through the slideshow below and I'll show you a nicely layered outfit that I put together, starting with just a simple dress. It also includes a few tips on how you can layer with your dresses to create a well-balanced, non-bulky, visually interesting outfit!
-By Merrick White Read More »from Pile it On: 7 Style Tips for Layering a Dress This Winter
- InStyle.com | Fashion – Mon, Nov 18, 2013 2:08 PM EST
Courtesy Photo; Franco Origlia/Getty ImagesIt wasn't just her stunning Christian Dior Couture gown that caught our eye at The Hunger Games: Catching Fire premiere in Italy; it was also the elegant, diamond-encrusted gold cuff glittering from Jennifer Lawrence's right hand. We called out the popularity of skinny cuffs earlier this year, and it looks as though the statement-making trend has migrated South, down from arms to palms, with JLaw spearheading the movement. The one wrapped around her hand is the Ana Khouri stem hand bracelet dotted with 1.50-carats of pave diamonds. If you have $21,050 to spare (we wish!), you can scoop up the rose gold version at net-a-porter.com. And if you don't, that's ok-just commit this trend to memory because we predict hand bracelets will be the next big thing.
Being in the NYC museum field for so long, I got very used to wearing a lot of black. It wasn't until recently that I decided it was OK to wear color. However, I still play it very safe and typically stick to dark jewel tones. As much as I love pastels and light colors, it really does not suit me. And when it comes to a coat, I love a very tailored, classic fit. If you're like me and melt when you see a luxurious deep blue scarf or love the look of a classic trench coat, here's a list of chic wool winter coats in amazing shades and hues - rich reds, deep blues, emeralds, and purples. Click through for 7 chic, bold winter coats in must-have colors! -By Rachel MatosRead More »from 7 Chic, Bold Winter Coats in Must-Have Colors
MORE ON BABBLE
What you should buy at Forever 21 RIGHT NOW
13 fashion trends we wish would disappear
10 items you can wear from your man's closet
- Kanye West, Harvard professor Josh Duboff
"My baby speaking at Harvard Design School," Kim Kardashian tweeted yesterday, attaching a pic. No, North West is not yet giving lectures at Ivy League schools (give it two years); Kim's fiancée was in fact speaking to the assembled design students ahead of his concert in Boston Sunday night as part of the Yeezus Tour.
He also gave everyone in the office tickets to his concert, admitting, "I'm a bit self-conscious [about the design of the show] because I'm showing it to architects."
Perhaps this willRead More »from Kanye West Went to Harvard
- Redbook | Fashion – Mon, Nov 18, 2013 9:56 AM ESTLet us introduce the perfect way to rock this big trend without showing too much skin--because hey, we're not 19 over here. The liquid texture gives the skirt a modern touch while the pleats are timeless, and the silhouette is universally flattering, so it'll quickly become a staple in your closet. By Julianne Adams, REDBOOK.
More from REDBOOK:
- 50 Great Fall Work Pieces--All Under $100
The 31 Most Iconic Haircuts of All Time
- The Under-$100 Sweaters You'll Wear All Winter Long
by Elana Fishman
Fact: Lucky loves lists. They're organized, easy to follow and a great way to prioritize and categorize mass amounts of information-especially when it comes to fashion and style.
We're all about bringing you the best of the best from the wide world of e-commerce, so we were thrilled to discover Rank & Style, an online platform that compiles data-driven rankings of the 10 best fashion and beauty finds within defined categories.
To kick off our new series in collaboration with this innovative new site, we're tackling the anorak, one of the most popular pieces of outerwear amongst street style stars and editors alike. This sporty, slouchy staple is ideal for layering, utterly unfussy and matches, well, pretty much everything imaginable. Click through above to shop the 10 most popular anorak jackets on the market right now, determined by Rank & Style's algorithm that aggregates user reviews, bestseller lists and editorial mentions from across the web!
More fromRead More »from The 10 Best Anorak Jackets
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- So This Must Be What Santa Claus Drinks on VacationSat, Dec 14, 2013 6:10 PM EST
- We've Officially Fused December's Two Most Decadent TreatsSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:09 AM EST
- Gorgeous Graphic Cookies -- No Special Tools (or, Um, Skills) RequiredSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST