Celebrity photographer Matthew RolstonThe perfect portrait has never been more important. Whether it's for social media, professional networking, or even online dating, our profile pictures have become our calling cards. "A good photograph can define you (or your subject) in many ways," celebrity photographer Matthew Rolston (pictured above) shared with us. "[Thankfully,] it's one form of visual communication that we can control."
Rolston has built his career on his ability to make women look their absolute most beautiful. And that's saying a lot when you're photographing the world's most beautiful women to begin with (Rolston has shot everyone from Charlize Theron to Angelina Jolie). That's why we turned to this pro for some tips on how to take the ultimate portrait and put your best face forward.
1. Look Your Best. "It should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway: 'If you want to look good in a photograph, take the time to look good yourself.' That means making grooming, wardrobe, and other choices that enhance your
- The Vivant | Fashion – Sun, Nov 25, 2012 9:00 PM EST
Celebrity photographer Matthew RolstonThe perfect portrait has never been more important. Whether it's for social media, professional networking, or even online dating, our profile pictures have become our calling cards. "A good photograph can define you (or your subject) in many ways," celebrity photographer Matthew Rolston (pictured above) shared with us. "[Thankfully,] it's one form of visual communication that we can control."Read More »from Celebrity Photographer Matthew Rolston on Taking the Perfect Portrait
- StyleCaster News | Fashion – Sun, Nov 25, 2012 7:27 PM EST
Guess what, ladies? The holidays are quite literally around the corner, which means it's time to start to start thinking about-what else?-festive fashion attire. While "bring on the sequins!" may be some gals' holiday mantra, others prefer to jazz up basic pieces with the help of some choice accessories. Though dangling earrings, sleek cuffs and cocktail rings are all worthy candidates, there's just something about a fabulous statement necklace that really screams "party-ready."
Whether you prefer bold stones, sleek metal or oversized collar styles, a good statement necklace provides an extra bit of pizzaz to anything from a full skirt and blouse combo, to a chic skinny black suit. Of course, if you're more of a jeans type of gal and don't intend to change that during holiday time (good for you, we say!), a bold necklace is all you'll need to kick your casual getup up a notch.
Here, we've highlighted 18 versions that are super-chic (and super-bold, in some cases) and won't bustRead More »from 18 Amazing Statement Necklaces that Won't Break Your Holiday Budget
- StyleCaster News | Fashion – Sun, Nov 25, 2012 6:45 PM EST
Kristen Stewart stuns in a gold dress at the premiere of As we've watched Kristen Stewart grace countless red carpets at "Twilight" press tours over the last four years, one thing is for sure: Her sense of style has evolved tremendously.Read More »from Kristen Stewart's Stylist on How the Star Transformed for "Twilight" and Beyond
With last week's release of "Breaking Dawn Part 2," the final film in the staggeringly successful franchise, we thought it was only appropriate to seek out Tara Swennen, the stylist behind K-Stew's headline-making looks, and hear a bit about why she made the sartorial choices she did for the actress, and how Stewart's style has graduated from hoodies and Converse to head-turning couture.
Read on to hear what Swennen has to say about K-Stew's top looks, her style evolution, and Nicolas Ghesquière's departure from Balenciaga.
StyleCaster News: Stewart has had some pretty major red carpet moments. What are her biggest standout looks so far, in your opinion?
Tara Swennen: The nude Zuhair Murad at last week's premiere of "Breaking Dawn Part 2," the white bra and black Balenciaga pants at the "On the Road"
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST