The Cattle Egret is a cosmopolitan species of heron (family Ardeidae) found in the tropics, subtropics and warm temperate zones. Despite similarities in plumage to the egrets of the genus Egretta, it is more closely related to the herons, Ardea. Originally native to parts of Asia, Africa and Europe, it has undergone a rapid expansion in its distribution and successfully colonised much of the rest of the world. It is a stocky white bird adorned with buff plumes in the breeding season, and nests in colonies, usually near bodies of water and often with other wading birds. The nest is a platform of sticks in a tree or shrub. Unlike most other herons, it feeds in relatively dry grassy habitats, often accompanying cattle or other large mammals, since it catches insects and small vertebrates disturbed by these animals. Some populations of the Cattle Egret are migratory and others show post-breeding dispersal. The adult Cattle Egret has few predators, but birds or mammals may raid its nests,
- Read More »from SpaceID issue for Blogpost created from PD2
I can embed pictures here
hello, just wanted to see if the yellow treatment works
Get out the cowboy boots and short shorts! We're pretty sure once everyone gets a look at singer-dancer-actress Julianne Hough doing her thing in "Footloose" there will be a run on red cowboy boots and tight denim, not to mention gorgeous brunette tousled locks. Julianne went darker to play Ariel Moore, the rebellious minister's daughter. We caught up with Julianne, who admits she adopted Ariel's sexy style off-camera during filming, as well as supermodel Andie MacDowell and newcomer Kenny Wormald, who plays transfer student Ren McCormack. See what they had to say about their character's style and why the film is more of a re-interpretation than a remake. Check out the latest from The Thread below.
Read More »from Julianne Hough and Kenny Wormald get Footloose
Sofia Vergara Stops by The Thread 5 Guilt-Free Fashion Indulgences Check Out The Thread Homepage Time-Saving Fashion & Beauty Tips
My brothers and I decided to join forces and do something good for a change (i mean, as usual). Movember is the month formerly known as November where men start clean shaven and commit to growing a Moustache. That's right, we are bringing back the Moustache this November to raise funds and awareness for men's cancers - specifically prostate and testicular cancer. The funds raised go to the Prostate Cancer Foundation and the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LIVESTRONG).Read More »from New Animation: Movember (11/23/09)
Now its your chance to do something good, help team Git Mo by donating:
Mo animation 11/1-11/23, watch it grow:
11/13: (team Mo-rkus: andrew, jeffrey, michael)
- Shine staff | Frangela – Thu, Feb 5, 2009 2:56 AM EST
OK, now it's confession time, ladies. We've all been dishing about the horrible things that men have done to us, but what of the mean things that we do to guys?
We know, we know -- we ladies are completely innocent and are never, ever difficult or cruel in relationships, right? Um, yeah.... Let's watch the ladies of Frangela -- Frances Callier and Angela V. Shelton -- fess up to theirs:
Ah, yes, the old "but it was for a MUCH hotter guy" excuse. Ouch.
Now, it's our turn. We polled the editors at Shine, and here are a few we had to cop to:
- "Cheated on a boyfriend with his roommate/best friend and he walked in on it! Ended up dating the other guy, but it ruined their friendship."
- "Cut holes right at the nipple-place of a shirt, then made them bigger and bigger and bigger over time."
- "Chipped his tooth during a fight with a cocktail ring."
- "Told him he had a small penis (as we were breaking up)."
- "After a fight with a live-in boyfriend who often stayed out all night, gave him the
- Shine staff | Frangela – Tue, Feb 3, 2009 7:55 PM EST
Most of us ladies like to joke around about what jerks guys can be, but sometimes a man can outdo even our lowest expectations.These legendary stories of crappy boy behavior are usually reserved for evenings commiserating over cocktails or ice cream (or both). So, what a better topic for the ladies of Frangela to dish about in their dating guide.Read More »from The down-and-dirty guide to dating: Jerkiest guy moments
First, let's hear what the awesome duo -- Frances Callier and Angela V. Shelton -- have to say:
OK, so those are pretty terrible. But we surveyed the editors here at Shine, and discovered a few doozies of our own. There's the guy who called one of our ladies by another girl's name...in a fight! And then there's the old standby of the man who borrowed money and never paid it back. And, of course, there are the ones who cheat. But one dude not only cheated; he admitted to being in an open relationship with another woman cross-country after dating for four months. Ugly.
Now, we open it up to you ladies of Shine. What's the jerkiest thing a
- Shine staff | Frangela – Fri, Jan 30, 2009 2:46 AM EST
So, just picture it -- you've been out on a a few dates (or maybe just the one!), and you're finally ready to get truly down and dirty with your new special someone. And just when things get hot and heavy, boom, something horribly humiliating happens to one or both of you. Oy, and then all that romance goes up in smoke -- or maybe, if you've got a good enough sense of humor, up in laughter. Hey, it happens to all of us!Read More »from The down-and-dirty guide to dating: Most-embarrassing in-bed moments
The awesome ladies of Frangela -- Frances Callier and Angela V. Shelton -- certainly have had their share of awkward moments in the sack, and they're here to share:
We took a few minutes to reflect back on our own wild and weird sexual memories, and came up with a few mortifying events of our own. One involves having sex in a loft bed fitted with satin sheets, and sliding right off of it (luckily to another bed below). Another one happened when some overly-zealous nookie resulted in a chipped tooth on the headboard (ouch!). And finally, there's the good old tale of
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- Dinner Tonight: Broccoli Apple Soup + Raw Kale SaladWed, Dec 4, 2013 10:31 AM EST
- Christmas Thumbprint CookiesWed, Dec 4, 2013 1:18 PM EST
- Christmas Cake Pops Are Our Gift to YouWed, Dec 4, 2013 2:33 PM EST