What better way to show your gratitude this Thanksgiving Day than to be extra kind to Mother Nature and host an environmentally responsible yet completely stylish holiday dinner? Whether you're cooking everything from scratch or already have the caterers on hold, here are ten eco-friendly items to serve, wear, or gift next Thursday.
More from Vogue:
Angelina Jolie Through the Years in Vogue
Best Virtual Workouts
Beauty Looks for All Ages
10 American Beauty Brands to Buy Now
- Meredith Melling Burke, Vogue
What better way to show your gratitude this Thanksgiving Day than to be extra kind to Mother Nature and host an environmentally responsible yet completely stylish holiday dinner? Whether you're cooking everything from scratch or already have the caterers on hold, here are ten eco-friendly items to serve, wear, or gift next Thursday.Read More »from How to Throw an Eco-Chic Thanksgiving
- Networx.com | Green – Tue, Nov 13, 2012 10:21 AM EST
Check out the snoods on these wild turkeys!As Thanksgiving nears, it is time to pay homage to the iconic bird. Not just tasty and delicious, turkeys are multifaceted critters with fascinating histories. Enjoy these ten facts about turkeys.
1. Shock of all shocks - Benjamin Franklin did not actually recommend the wild turkey to be the symbol of America. His official suggestion in 1776 was an image of Moses and Pharoah. He did, however, mention the turkey in a letter to his daughter, after the bald eagle was chosen to be the symbol of America. Franklin disapproved of the bald eagle due to its nature as a scavenger. He found the turkey to be a "much more respectable Bird".
2. Gobble, gobble, gobble. A wild turkey's gobble can be heard a mile away. Why do turkeys gobble, and which turkeys gobble? Male turkeys gobble to show up other males and to attract the attention of female turkeys, known as "hens".
3. Turkey chicks need their rest! According to the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture CooperativeRead More »from 10 Facts About Turkeys
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- So This Must Be What Santa Claus Drinks on VacationSat, Dec 14, 2013 6:10 PM EST
- We've Officially Fused December's Two Most Decadent TreatsSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:09 AM EST
- Gorgeous Graphic Cookies -- No Special Tools (or, Um, Skills) RequiredSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST