- Tue, Oct 2, 2012 12:58 PM EDT | Comments
- Wed, Oct 3, 2012 10:16 AM EDT | CommentsTake your Halloween decorating to a whole new level with these creative and spooky-cool ideas for painted pumpkins.
See more from CountryLiving.com:
16 Homemade Halloween Costumes for Kids »
40 Spooky Halloween Decorating Ideas »
20 Delicious Halloween Sweets and Treats »
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.
- Martha Stewart | At Home | Mon, Sep 24, 2012 4:43 PM EDT | Comments
Welcome trick-or-treaters this Halloween with our spooky and kooky pumpkin-carving ideas.
For a jack-o'-lantern unlike any other on the block, try our mix-and-match templates to carve goofy gourds and amusing mugs.
How to Make the Funny-Face Pumpkins
Chris Soria and Marc Evan of Maniac Pumpkins treat pumpkins as blank canvases for intricate portraits, fantastical monsters, and tongue-in-cheek replicas of famous art. The carving masters recommend using linoleum cutters for etching, as in the haunted house pumpkin pictured here.
Group an assortment of Drac-o'-lanterns on your mantel or front porch to create a fang-tastic pumpkin patch scene. Tip: Use simple pushpins for devilish red eyes.
How to Make the Fanged Pumpkins
They're alive! Create your own wickedly cute, googly-eyed monsters with just a few inexpensive items.
How to Make the Zombie Pumpkins
Stack carved pumpkin...Read More »
- Martha Stewart | At Home | Tue, Sep 25, 2012 10:38 AM EDT | Comments
Throw a monster bash with our easy DIY games and kid-friendly activities.
Pop Goes the Pumpkin
Looking to kick off Halloween with a bang, not a boo? This version of a classic carnival game makes a festive wall decoration, and features confetti-and-candy-filled balloons for bursting.
How to Make the Pop Goes the Pumpkin Game
Doughnuts on a String
Loop delicious doughnuts onto string, and let your party guests dig in with their fangs -- great for all ages.
Get the Doughnut Game How-To
Pin the Face on the Pumpkin
This autumnal twist on a childhood favorite is a guaranteed gigglefest for kids and adults.
Get the Pin the Face Game Template
Substitute butternut squash for bowling pins and a pumpk
- Lilsugar | Parenting | Tue, Sep 18, 2012 7:23 PM EDT | CommentsSource: Tips and Tricks For Halloween Face Painting Success
Along with wearing adorable Halloween costumes, this is the time of year for fun face paint. From cute kitties to scary monsters, doing your tot's face paint is easier than you think - with the right design, the face paint itself could be all the costume your tot needs. With a bit of patience and planning, you can pull off any of these amazing looks. Click through for tips, ideas, and must-have products for successful face painting this Halloween.
- Face Painting Klutz Kit : Here's a great face paint kit ($25) that comes with a book full of fun and easy ideas. And it's the perfect size for taking to your lil one's school for quick touch-ups before class parties.
- Stay Clear of the Eyes: Lil ones aren't used to having lots of stuff on their faces - especially around the eye area. For a cute animal look, start by creating a circle of color around the perimeter of your tot's face and blending toward the hairlin
PICK OF THE DAY
- Anatomy of a Candy Corn Oreo Healthy Living