- Tue, Nov 20, 2012 1:44 PM EST | CommentsIf you're seeking a gift for a pet lover, there may be no better way to spread holiday cheer this season than by supporting small businesses and charities that benefit animals. All of these gifts are available either from independent artists or support animal-related nonprofit organizations, so you can rest assured that your money is going to good use. Click through for 7 presents for pet lovers that also give back! - By Joslyn Gray
MORE ON BABBLE
7 ways to give back to your local animal shelter
10 funny pictures of cats acting like people
The 12 best pets for people with allergies
- Yumsugar | Holiday Gift Guide | Fri, Nov 16, 2012 2:22 PM EST | CommentsSource: Food Gifts For Him, From Bacon Jam to Brewing Kits
From exotic meats like venison and wild boar to cookbooks and kitchen gear to inspire his culinary adventures, we've rounded up our favorite picks for the man in your life. While some are definite splurges, we've also included surefire stocking stuffer hits, plus everything in between.
Scanwiches: Sandwich devotees will appreciate Scanwiches($20), which brings to life nearly everything between two pieces of bread through an unusual medium: the scanner. Both visually appealing and full of in-depth info, it's a surefire hit.
- Beer-and-Pretzel Caramels: Fill his stocking with intense, complex, and salty beer-and-pretzel caramels ($10). Just make sure he shares!
- Marble Rye Poster: Seinfeld fans (really, who isn't one?) will appreciate this graphic poster ($20) whose illustration alludes to the infamous marble rye loaf from the episode "The Rye."
- Stuffed Hamburger Press: Let burger aficionados take things to the
- Scanwiches: Sandwich devotees will appreciate Scanwiches
- Lucky Magazine | Holiday Gift Guide | Fri, Nov 16, 2012 3:15 PM EST | Comments
Q: Am I cheap to give homemade gifts for the holidays? Like jams and breads from scratch? -@akstylemyway
Read more: 8 Outfits Men Love on Women
A: Dear @akstylemyway,
Read more: The Lucky Fall Shoe Guide
Time, anybody will tell you, is worth more than money. So giving something you've made is the opposite of cheap! There's nothing better, for both giver and receiver. One family I know does a secret-Santa-type thing where they each get a name and a month to make something before the holidays. So much more fun, interesting and personal than just scrolling down some random website/aisle, looking for some item that vaguely satisfies.
Read more: Best Dresses For Your Body
I went to the memorial service of an incredibly accomplished, brilliant, stylish person, and the thing that practically every speaker at the service brought up was how delicious this woman's pancakes were. Not to be maudlin, but make a gift and people will never forget...Read More »
- Lover.ly | Holiday Gift Guide | Sun, Nov 18, 2012 11:22 AM EST | Comments
Is there a bride-to-be in your life this year who is also on your holiday gift list? Instead of buying her a 200 page couples cookbook (that she will no doubt receive a handful of between bridal showers and engagement parties) or the latest wedding-planning-binder-extravaganza, look for something that she can enjoy while both planning her wedding, and long after she's said "I do!" It doesn't have to be something directly wedding related, rather, try something to remind her of those precious months she spent planning her day. We've put together our top 3 favorite gift ideas this year for blushing brides that are sure to put a giant smile on their faces!
1. Robe- Great For Her Wedding Day Morning!
The latest trend in wedding photography is for brides to have their photographer follow them from getting ready with her mom and bridesmaids in the morning, to waving goodbye to those last few wedding guests at the end of the night. A colorful, lightweigh...Read More »
- Parentables | Holiday Gift Guide | Mon, Nov 19, 2012 11:34 AM EST | CommentsOverheard: 11-year-old, Chet, to 6-year-old, Maia, "Come into my room. I'm having a Black Friday sale. If you buy one GoGo, you get one for free…only today."
Read More: 7 Reasons Why Coupons Rock
With three kids writing extensive lists to Santa, I am busy searching for deals. The idea of Black Friday sales appeal to me, but I am not willing to get out of bed before the sun rises to stand in line. So I'm online deal hunting.
Read More: 3 Apps to Make Your Shopping Easier
Here are 10 tips to help you search for deals online this holiday season.
1. Bookmark and check websites that organize and present Cyber Monday deals like www.CyberMonday.com.
2. Look for Black Friday deals in circulars and on websites like www.blackfriday.com. Last year, my dad set out for Best Buy pre-dawn and came home empty-handed, while I logged in at midnight and snagged a deal. I'd seen the laptop I wanted in a newspaper circular, which did not indicate whether or not the sale price would be...Read More »