Read More »from 10 Exceptional Online Stores That Always Offer Free Shipping
This year, Friday, December 17th is national free-shipping day-where more than 1,000 retailers are offering no-cost delivery for purchases. However, if you don't want to wait until then to do your holiday shopping-or want to know how to save year-round-make note of these 10 stores that offer free shipping each and every day of the year!
1. Zappos - Known for its commitment to customer service, shoe retailer Zappos (which has branched out into apparel and housewares) offers free shipping and free returns all year long.
Shop for killer heels you can actually walk in.
2. Shopbop - This Wisconsin-based fashion boutique is a favorite of fashionistas around the world for many reasons, including its free worldwide delivery (international orders are required to be over $100 to qualify for free shipping).
Knock 'em dead in a sexy and slimming little black dress.
3. Amazon - Orders greater than $25 qualify for Amazon's "super saver shipping," which may tack a few extra days for delivery, but
- Kaboodle.com | Holiday Guide – Mon, Dec 6, 2010 11:45 PM EST
Read More »from 10 Exceptional Online Stores That Always Offer Free Shipping
By Alyssa Shapiro, Glamour magazine
With all the festive events filling your social calendar these days, we see no reason not to show off some serious leg with a pair of fabulous party shoes. Tis (almost) the season, ladies! You'll stand out with these major heels-each one can be yours, for 100 bucks a pop or less. Now that's cause for celebration!
Read More »from 20 Flirty Party Shoes (Under $100!)
Tipping is a tricky subject - and never more so around the holidays, especially this year, with the economy still dragging. These pointers will let you know how much ca$h to fork over for whom, and when it's okay to show your appreciation with a warm batch of cookies.
By Gabrielle Frank
Rule #1: Who You Should Shell Out For, and How Much
Anyone you deal with on a regular basis - such as your hairdresser, personal trainer, cleaning person, and package delivery guy. The right amount should equal what you ordinarily pay them per appointment or visit. For example, if you usually shell out $50 for a wax, that should be your end-of-the-year tip to your waxer.
If you're going through lean times this year and can't afford to give your stylist $200, the price of your usual cut and color, tip what your paycheck allows but include a note that says something along the lines of "your service is just as great as last year,Read More »from 5 New Rules For Holiday Tipping
You voted: From classic to contemporary, these colognes top your list
1. Yin and Yang
You always "want to get closer" to men who wear "fresh and warm" Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme.
Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme
2. Potent Paradise
"Crisp" Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Pour Homme reminds you of "hot guys and summer vacation."
Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Pour Homme
3. Staying Power
"Rugged and rough" Old Spice makes you "smile," and you "love the new commercials."
4. Posh Spice
"Citrus-based and woody," Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte "smells like a rich guy."
Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte
5. Seductive Scent
You buy the "addictive, fresh" Chanel Allure Homme Sport for your boyfriend so that you can "steal a spritz every morning."Chanel Allure Homme Sport
Want more sexy options for the man in your life? Click here to see which fragrances suit his style best.
Read More From ELLEThe Best Stocking Stuffers Under $50
Natalie Portman's Black Swan Workout
The Top 2010 Holiday Beauty TrendsRead More »from The Top 5 Men's Scents
When it comes to gift giving, it's the thought that counts...unless you're thinking about gifting one of the worst gifts we could find this season. Check out 29 more terrible gifts.
What's the worst gift you've ever received?
MORE FROM MARIE CLAIRE:
- Great (Budget-Friendly!) Gift Ideas
10 Most Popular Haircuts of All Time
- 20 Secrets Men NEVER Tell Women
- 30 Dates That Spice Up Your Relationship
- Looking for More Health Tips? Subscribe to Marie Claire!
- bon appétit magazine | Holiday Guide – Fri, Dec 3, 2010 10:46 PM EST
By Janet Taylor McCracken, Bon AppétitRead More »from Baker's Secrets: How to Bake, Store, and Ship Delicious Cookies
Tis the season to bake (and eat) cookies. Check out our slideshow of 31 all-time holiday favorites--one for every day in December.
Before you dive into day one, the Bon Appétit Test Kitchen has some tips on baking, storing, and shipping cookies (because nothing says "it's the thought that counts" like delicious DIY gifts):
Balance Sheet: Most ovens have hot spots, which can result in uneven baking. To minimize this, reverse the baking sheets halfway through. Move the sheets from the top to the bottom oven rack, and turn the sheets from front to back.
Chill Out: Putting cookie dough on a hot baking sheet will cause the dough to spread. Be sure that the sheet is completely cool before you add the dough. Feeling impatient? Carefully place a hot baking sheet (using an oven mitt, of course) in an empty sink and run cool water over it.
Freeze Frame: All of the cookies here can be frozen for up to three weeks. You can thaw the cookies at room
photo credit: Bob HiemstraSure, you could just hand over a gift, but why not present your presents in a more creative way?
by Vanessa DiMaggio and Sarah Humphreys
This is a fact: It's woefully easy to get overwhelmed by the prospect of purchasing-or making-holiday gifts. But don't let that suck the joy out of the actual act of giving itself. A gift exchange should be fun; with the right approach, it can also be imaginative, rewarding, and, yes, even a way to cut back on presents. Holiday party planners, etiquette experts, and readers share strategies for making a gift exchange more memorable.
Make Gift-Giving More Surprising
For Friends and Family:
- Start a rotating gift box. Anna Baldwin, a reader from Arlee, Montana, does this with her three best friends from college: She fills a box with locally made, low-cost items-one for each friend-and a personal note, and mails it off. The first friend takes out a gift, puts in three of her own, adds to the note, and ships everything on to the next. The box
- Glamour Magazine | Holiday Guide – Fri, Dec 3, 2010 10:02 PM EST
By Lindsey Unterberger, Glamour magazine We asked our friends at GuySpeak to help us compile this year's what-to-get-a-guy holiday gift guide. Here, their top picks for what to get the guy you've been dating for a month, a year or longer. No more Christmas-present stress, Hanukkah gift mayhem or gen
These simple recipes are impressive enough to give as gifts. Who doesn't love something homemade on the holidays?For more holiday recipes, visit Babble.
This pick of fantastic gift ideas features contemporary & appealing designs, handmade with eco-friendliness and Fair Trade as the top agendas. Dig deeper into these websites to see a bounty of treasures. And by treasure, we mean not only the product, but also the stories, the inspiration and the passion behind each company or organization that bring you these products.
Our ideas give you but a glimpse… Have fun exploring & getting inspired as a master gift-giver.
Read More »from Fair Trade Gift Guide
Earrings from Rwanda Urukundo Earrings handcrafted by women in Rwanda. Urukundo means love in Kinyarwanda, one of the indigenous languages spoken in Rwanda. These earrings, along with the hand-embroidered bracelets from Palestine, are brought to us by the HANDS UP NOT HANDOUTS organization which invests in the lives of women around the world, providing a Hand Up. Global Girlfriend Global Girlfriend - Woman-made, eco-friendly and fair-trade. The Global Girlfriend program helps women in need help
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- So This Must Be What Santa Claus Drinks on VacationSat, Dec 14, 2013 6:10 PM EST
- We've Officially Fused December's Two Most Decadent TreatsSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:09 AM EST
- Gorgeous Graphic Cookies -- No Special Tools (or, Um, Skills) RequiredSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST