It's not difficult to notice Sofia Vergara's sexy Colombian curves and accent or Ricky Martin's Puerto Rican pride. While some stars are constantly gracing the cover of Latina Magazine and playing up their Hispanic ethnicity, some celebrities have kept it a bit quieter. Check out the celebrities we were surprised to learn are real Latinos.
By: Michelle Roberts
Grilling. It's the oldest cooking method in the book and yet, chefs around the world have their own fresh approach to igniting flavor with fire. Brazilians have a special take on serving their roasted meats at churrascarias, Cubans prefer a method of roasting whole lechónes on spits for crispy skin and Argentineans eat their asado with chimichurri sauce.
In this first episode of Grilling, take a look at how food is cooked south of the border. We visited family-run business "El Rancho Grande", where Mexican recipes are passed down through the generations, to learn inside tips on how to start a culinary fire ¡a lo mexicano!
To start grilling, very few tools are needed: tongs, a sharp knife and, of course, a grill. Besides heating the grill itself, "Take care of what you put on the grill," says Chef Jose Manuel Ortiz, owner of El Rancho Grande.
Serrano, poblano and chiles…oh my! For truly Mexican flavorRead More »from How to grill Mexican-style
By Verónica Mezzini & Michelle Roberts
Salsa. It's not just a topping for your favorite tortilla chips. This Latin dance and others alike could be the key to attaining a toned bod while sashaying to African-inspired beats and having fun. Just ask boricua beauty Jennifer López who seems to understand the benefits of these high-energy dances, flaunting lean legs at a recent performance.Shaking your hips to some of the most popular Latin rhythms could actually burn the same amount of calories as other traditional forms of exercise. In fact, a 140-pound adult could burn as many as 340 calories during one hour of dancing- the equivalent to swimming or running for the same amount of time. According to health and fitness website Livestrong.com, the movements of these fast-paced dances work the entire body and increase your heart rate to create an extended caloric burn.
Rather thanRead More »from Salsa your way to a better body
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST