Simple ways to update your look instantly!Remember when a new year inspired a new you? Finding the time - or funds - for a large-scale makeover may seem impossible. So instead of going Gaga and aiming for complete reinvention, why not tackle a few tiny tweaks instead? Here are 7 easy and affordable ways to update your look that can make a big impact - instantly!
Change your part
1. Change your part
If you're anything like me, you resolve to get a new look each time you go for a haircut, only to chicken out and wind up with the same 'do you already had. Luckily, my hairdresser taught me the simplest way to change things up without scissors: simply switch the location of your part (best done fresh out of the shower, with wet hair before styling) to instantly transform your look - without spending a dime!
Don't be raggedy handy
2. Don't be raggedy handy
Remember those old Palmolive ads, when women were accused of having "dishpan hands"? Unfortunately, a daily dose of domestic drudgery coupled with harsh weather - be it strong winter winds or a blisteringly hot,
- Babble.com | Life Made Easy – Wed, Jan 25, 2012 3:29 PM EST
Simple ways to update your look instantly!Remember when a new year inspired a new you? Finding the time - or funds - for a large-scale makeover may seem impossible. So instead of going Gaga and aiming for complete reinvention, why not tackle a few tiny tweaks instead? Here are 7 easy and affordable ways to update your look that can make a big impact - instantly!Read More »from It's the Little Things: 7 Simple Ways to Update Your Look Instantly
Photo: ThinkstockWhat would it take to change your life for the better? It may be less than you think.
Edit Your Online Self
Deleting old Flickr photos and closing Myspace accounts do only so much. If you want to seriously revamp what pops up when someone searches for you, consider turning to an online reputation management agency. Such sites, like Reputation.com and MetalRabbitMedia.com, reverse engineer search-engine algorithms in order to drive favorable content towards the top and bury unflattering posts. One DIY to hiding embarassing content: Create Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter pages; Google and Bing generally put content from social networking sites toward the top of search results.
RELATED: Carson Kressley's Makeover Madness
Send a Smarter MessageYes, we live in a 140-character world, thumbs furiously tapping out terse missives. But consider an e-mail received recently by O magazine's editor-in-chief: "susan: hows it goin?? Annny chance you might know some peeps that could get a Read More »from 3 Online Solutions to Real Life Problems
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST