by Anne-Marie GuarnieriRead More »from What Would Men's Scented Underwear Smell Like?
Getty ImagesWe have edible underwear. We have glow-in-the-dark underwear. Now, thanks to a campaign on My Major Company, France's answer to Kickstarter, we may soon have scented men's underwear. Why? To once and for all squash the long-held stereotype that the French are...a bit casual about personal hygiene. (You know, Pepé Le Pew and all that.)
See more: The 12 Best Eye Creams
French underwear company, Le Slip Français, is raising funds for a line of men's briefs that will smell of "musk and pears." How they landed on that particular fragrance profile is anyone's guess. (Well, if you speak French, maybe there's an explanation in their promotional video. Mon français is pretty rusty.) The fabric will be embedded with teeny scent capsules that release the scent as the wearer moves around, and will last through 30 washes.
See more: Celebrity Hairstyles That Will Make You Look 10 Years Younger
All they need to do is raise $25,000, and voila! Musky-pear
Here's all you need to know about Mono.You decided where you're going to school next fall, and you've been duly warned about the 15 pounds thing. But did you know up to one in four college freshmen get mono?Read More »from 5 Things You Need to Know About Mono (aka the Kissing Disease)
By Amanda Macmillan
1. Yes, kissing spreads it
People pass the Epstein-Barr virus (which causes mono) through saliva, often during hookups that involve, as docs say, "deep kissing with tongue." Sex won't up your odds of catching it, a new study found.
2. Who gave it to me?
It can take four to six weeks after exposure to feel symptoms, so you may never know whose saliva (or which beer-pong cup) is to blame. Healthy again? Wait at least four to kiss anyone.
Related: 10 Things You Don't Know About Kissing
3. When should I see a doc?
Get a blood test if you feel any of these for a week or longer: fever, sore throat, I'm-huffing-and-puffing-just-walking-to-class exhaustion, or swollen lymph nodes.
4. How is it treated?
There's no magic pill for mono antibiotics don't work on viruses. You can help your body fight off the
Jordin Sparks and Jason DeRulo
These stars always have a hot guy on their arms. Steal their moves and you will, too!
1. "Flirting works the best when you're yourself. My move is making a joke or smiling. As girls, we can give guys that "look"-it's literally batting your eyelashes, giving a subtle look, and a small smile. We just have that kind of power, which is awesome." - Jordin Sparks
Related: Even More Flirting Advice!
2. "A lot of my friends could easily text a guy that they like him, but they're too shy. I think you need to feel comfortable around a guy as a friend before you like-like them. If you're not comfortable in front of him, then it is going to take a toll on the relationship and you won't be able to just talk to him normally." - Kylie Jenner
Related: Adorable First Kiss Stories
"I always used to pull the whole, 'I'm tired' thing and put my head on a guy's shoulder. It was so cheesy, but that's how I got my head on his shoulder! You just have to have fun with it!" - ShayRead More »from 5 Flirting Tips from Celebs
Don't Wait Till You're Perfect to Date (Because That Won't Happen)By Terri Trespicio for HowAboutWeRead More »from Don’t Wait Till You’re Perfect to Date (Because that Won’t Happen)
A woman named Jen recently wrote to ask me if she should stop dating until she lost weight. She was admittedly on the heavy side, but had never tried to mask it in her online profile. She'd gotten some messages and gone on a few dates, but several of the men she'd met would be more interested, they said, if she'd been a few pounds lighter.
Plus: 'Modern Dating: A Field Guide'-Pin to Win Over $2,000 in Prizes!
I'm sure that wasn't easy to hear. In fact, ouch. She was ready to quit dating entirely until she could wear a size 6. She was already taking strides to live healthier, and she figured she'd just…wait. Right?
"Not a chance," I told her. Here's why: Because if she waited to be the right weight before she went on another date, she'd likely come up with another excuse once she lost the weight - she needed the right hair or the right job. I reminded her that there is no set height and weight requirement. It's dating. Not the fucking Rockettes.
Here are some reasons women cheat.A helpful guide from dating expert Renee Lee for every woman-and man-on why ladies go rogue. Does this apply to you?Read More »from 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat
By Carson Griffith
As far as stereotypes go, a wandering eye and the urge to jump into bed with multiple partners seems to be built into a man's DNA, but when it comes to cheating, the sexes are created more equally than we think. (Cough, Kristen Stewart, cough.) Renee Lee, a relationship expert with a masters in psychology, dishes out five reasons why women cheat.
1. Going Through A Transition
"If it is graduating, turning a certain age, losing a parent or advancing the relationship status, women become introspective," explains Lee. "Even if it is something she wants, such as just getting engaged or graduating, the transition can stir up an array of emotions about where her life is going or where she is in it. The discomfort of change can trigger an impulsive desire to find someone to take her focus off the change and be a diversion for what she is going through."
If you are attending a wedding in the near future, it's likely the couple is registered somewhere. You may have even already peeked online or stopped at their store of choice to pick up a gift...unless you are shopping for a couple that has decided to go against the status quo. Over the past few years, more couples have been opting to have non-traditional registries. While some love the idea of heading down store aisles with a scanner in hand, others hope to be the recipients of wedding gifts of a different nature. If you are planning your own nuptials, you may not be aware of the fact that the possibilities are just about endless when it comes to making your wedding day wish list. Take a look at this round-up, which highlights a few of the alternative wedding registries for today's brides and grooms. Here are 7 unique places to check out! -By Krishann Briscoe
MORE ON BABBLE
Jessica Alba and her husband, Cash Warren, celebrated their five year anniversary on Monday, May 19. Letting her hubby - and the world - know just how blissful those five years have been, Alba posted two collages that she made of some of the couple's happiest moments together on Instagram. "#mylove+myheart+mybestfriend+myconfidant ur my everything, I love u... To another #5yrs #HappyAnniversary."
Taking a more humorous approach to publicly displaying his affection, Warren tweets: "5 years ago today I married my soul mate @jessicaalba & my hair immediately turned grey. Go figure... #truelove #happyanniversary."
Despite the busy life of parenting a three and five year old daughter, the two prioritize their efforts to keep the romance going strong. In her exclusive blog for iVillage, Alba explains: "Whether we're settling into the couch to watch bad reality telelvision or getting a babysitter so we can enjoy a dateRead More »from Jessica Alba Knows the Secret to a Happy Marriage
Banish unhappiness by avoiding these mistakes By Jenna BirchRead More »from 11 Ways Women Sabotage Their Marriages Without Even Knowing It
Of course you want the happiest marriage possible, but little things you do-some of which you don't notice-may be damaging your relationship. In fact, you may intentionally opt for these actions because you believe they're helpful, even though the opposite is true. Steer clear of the following mistakes to keep your marriage on the right track. Photos by Thinkstock
1. You wait for your husband to speak up if he needs something, especially sex.
Men want to be strong, not vulnerable, and many feel they can't admit to having additional needs. If he senses you're too busy for, or not open to, hearing his desires, he'll stay mum-and miserable. "Ask him what he's thinking and wanting," advises clinical psychologist Andra Brosh, PhD. "Don't wait for him to bring it up because he probably won't."
2. You don't tell your husband you appreciate him.
Whether he's the breadwinner or a stay-at-home dad, acknowledge his efforts, or your man may feel you take him for granted. "Even
Photo Courtesy of NEW YOU magazine, by Fadil Berisha
Now that Martha Stewart has taken a leap of faith and joined Match.com she has some words of wisdom for all the online daters out there.
1. Shared interests are crucial for a successful relationship. I'm a firm believer in group exercise and companion sports, from yoga classes to golf or bocce ball - sometimes I'll even let my dates win.
2. Must love dogs. And cats. And chickens and donkeys and horses. If you're an animal lover, that last thing you want is someone who doesn't love your furry and feathered friends.
3. Judge a person by their profile photo - to a degree. While nothing can compare to the importance of a stellar personality, the profile photo is your first indication of how someone presents himself or herself.
4. I plan on living a good, long life, so my dates have to be able to keep upRead More »from Online Dating? Martha Stewart Has 7 Tips for You
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST