Real brides share their wedding night stories (and they're not what you think).
By Anne Roderique-Jones for TheKnot.com
Shutterstock / The KnotJust Me and My TV
We had an evening garden wedding that happened to fall on the day of a 75-year record high...a whopping 106 degrees. We were exhausted and soaked when we finally got back to the honeymoon suite. I went to the bathroom to peel myself out of the drenched wedding dress, take a shower, and change. I finally walk out -- perfect hair, stellar makeup, and some sexy lingerie -- only to find my husband sprawled out on the bed, passed out, and snoring. Bravo TV and I spent one salacious evening together. --Sposati
Flooded With Emotion
The hotel we stayed in had a huge, two-person shower, and we jumped in it immediately after the reception. We started to fool around until my husband began to look extremely freaked out. Apparently, my fake eyelashes were falling off, and he had no clue that I had been wearing them. One strip was on my cheek, and the other was hanging
Real brides share their wedding night stories (and they're not what you think).Read More »from What Really Happens on the Wedding Night
The 15 Best Songs About Being SingleBy Chiara Atik for HowAboutWe-->
Last week, we published our picks for the top break-up anthems of all time. Now, here's the ultimate playlist for when you're over your heartbreak and ready to relish in the single life. ('Cause independence? It's actually pretty amazing.)
Plus: 'Modern Dating: A Field Guide'-Pin to Win Over $2,000 in Prizes!
1. It's My Life - Bon Jovi
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
I just want to live while I'm alive
'Cause it's my life!
by Anya Kamenetz for HowAboutWe
If you paddle in the dating pool for any length of time past the high school prom, you're going to accumulate some exes. And if you're on a journey of personal growth (and who isn't? Onward and upward, sweetie!) then, chances are, those relationships ended for a reason and you are, as everyone likes to say, "in a better place now."
But what, then, to do when an ex-'s life is going in a so very different direction, somewhat publicly? You know they represent a part of your life and a piece of your past. But it's also a piece that you consciously chose to leave behind-so how do you have compassion for that cringeworthy person without, well, cringing and worrying how their woes are going to cast a shadow over your life?
Plus: 'Modern Dating: A Field Guide'-Pin to Win Over $2,000 in Prizes!
Take these celebrities as inspiration. We all have a few embarrassing exes in our closet-it doesn't mean you can't hold your head high and go on to
Add these extra ingredients to your favorite recipes to lift your libidoBy Brianna Steinhilber
Hoping things will heat up after dinner-or breakfast? Luckily, you don't need to rethink your daily dishes to get in the mood. The following one-ingredient additions to your go-to meals can get those sparks flying. Find the 10 easiest ways to work aphrodisiacs into your regularly scheduled meals. Photos by Getty Images
1. Add figs to a smoothie.
This plump fruit is packed with amino acids, which help blood flow to sex organs. And that's vital for getting aroused, says Meryl Rosofsky, MD. "It causes penile and clitoral erection, vaginal lubrication and other parts of the sexual cascade, from desire to orgasm," she explains. Adding two to three figs to your smoothie will take it from a refreshing beverage to an erotic libation. Try a milk-banana-fig combo with honey for a double dose of aphrodisiacs.
2. Toss garlic into a veggie stir-fry.
Whipping up a stir-fry for dinner? Throw in some garlic, and you might be stirring up more than just veggies. "Garlic
There’s a controversial new ad that’s gone viral this week, and a vocal group of men are up in arms about it, calling it “sexist.”
More on Shine: Sexist Jeans Will Make Your Husband Look Like a Fool
Yep, that’s right. This time it’s men who are being belittled to make people buy something: Samsung’s Evolution Kit, which transforms any Samsung television into a smart TV (though the specific product is really beside the point here).
More on Yahoo!: 'Shocked' by Sexist Poster Ads in India: Ford Executive
The commercial was introduced last week on YouTube, where it had neared 10 million hits by Thursday afternoon. In it, a woman strolls into the living room to find her husband/boyfriend lying on the couch and watching TV. He’s a slovenly Neanderthal who’s burping, chewing food with his mouth open, grunting, and watching a moronic cartoon. Said wife sighs in disappointment, plugs the new Evolution Kit into the back of the TV, and then fantasizes about what a similar kit could do for her Read More »from Samsung's 'Evolutionary Husband' Angers Men—Is it Sexist?
POPSUGAR Sex & CultureSource: 11 Common Bachelorette Party Blunders
Bachelorette parties can be a blast, but a large, random group, poorly planned festivities, or an unhappy bride-to-be can turn a fun night into a total disaster. One of the easiest ways to ensure a great time? Think ahead. Learn these common bachelorette party mistakes so that your next round of festivities is all smiles and smooth sailing.
- Missing Persons: o avoid any hurt feelings, it's important to go over the guest list with the bride-to-be. When it comes to who should or shouldn't be invited - from relatives to random friends - she knows best. Plus, she'll be able to help organize the rooms so that everyone feels comfortable within the group.
- Same Old, Same Old: Just because other pals have gone for a wild getaway weekend, that doesn't mean it's the right choice for every bachelorette. Get creative when it comes to which city or venue you'll visit. Cater to the guest of honor's taste: if she loves the water, try a
POPSUGAR Sex & CultureSource: 5 Ways to Revive Your Relationship
The conversation? Unremarkable. The sex? Less frequent. The terms of endearment? What endearment? Your relationship has stalled, and it's time to give it a jump start. The first step is recognizing there's a problem; now we've got some helpful pointers for getting back that sizzle and spark. Here are five tips for recharging the love between you and your mate.
- Don't Go to Bed Mad: Or annoyed for that matter. The resentment can build and you'll probably end up irritated by your partner without even remembering why. Resolve any minor issues before you go to bed or resolve to let them go. Flirting can make you feel sexy and your partner desired. Give your guy a knowing look while you're brushing your teeth, touch his arm while you're chatting about your day, or have a make-out session while you're watching a DVD.
- Flirt: Flirting can make you feel sexy and your partner desired. Give your guy a knowing look while you're brushing
POPSUGAR FoodSource: How Do You Like These New Online Dating Apps?
It seems like every day there's a new form of online dating. No matter what type of relationship you're looking for - from the "forever" kind to the "friends with benefits" kind - there's an app for that! I've been hearing my girlfriends discuss their wins and losses with a variety of online dating phone apps, and now I want to hear from you. I'm breaking down the newest means of tech-based courtship; weigh in on whether you've had good or back luck with them.
- Grouper Social Club: Grouper is a website and iPhone app that sets you and your friends up on a group date by connecting to your Facebook profile. It matches up three guys and three girls (or same-sex couplings) based on your age, education, job, interests, and "general lifestyle." Basically, you pick your wingwomen, and the site selects the date, location, and guys (it also provides a round of free drinks). I could see how the group dates would involve less pressure and
The Ten of Wands card suggests that you may bring a lot of sexual, dating or romantic experience or energy to your relationship or union. You may feel as if you are defending or protecting your honor, performance or reputation or working to the detriment of your love life. You are getting close to a long-awaited consummation, reunion, milestone, love connection or commitment. You may be in a position to discover soul mate after sowing your wild oats. Take matters into your own hands -- it's a good time to prove or redeem yourself.
By Lexi Nisita, Refinery29
.One need only mention Viagra to denote a host of controversy surrounding the treatment of women's health by our society and our government. While the drug has been an enormous financial success for Pfizer, it's also been a consistent point of discussion in the debate about female reproductive health, birth control, and women's versions of the drug itself. The latter has been markedly slow in coming to fruition since Viagra came on the scene, which seems to reflect a deep societal prejudice against female sexual liberation, even today. But now, according to a New York Times Magazine cover story, a lady's libido helper could finally be on its way.
RELATED: Let's Talk About Sex! How To Increase Your Libido
The proposed drug, Lybrido, is currently going through tests. The inventer, Adriaan Tuitan, plans to present the results of his research to the FDA as early as this summer. The interesting thing about Lybrido, though, is that it appears to target the female
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST