The Magician card reversed suggests that your ego could get bruised if what started as a passionate affair is revealed as a way to get some action or as part of an agenda to gain material advantage or a position of power. Try not to place too high a priority on the trappings of romance or dating or else you might fall victim to a player who could use pressure and manipulation in order to get what he or she wants. As long as you are aware of the game, enjoy playing it.
- Astrology.com Tarot | Love + Sex – Wed, Dec 19, 2012 11:37 AM EST
- Oprah.com | Love + Sex – Tue, Dec 18, 2012 10:32 PM EST
Photo: Getty ImagesBy Leigh NewmanRead More »from What Every Woman Needs to Know About Love by Age 30
Love Is Location
You might have learned this one before, when you were off in college in California and your high-school love was off in college in Maine. Sooner or later, somebody got lonely and fell for a more conveniently located mate. Long-distance adult romances have similar issues. Yes, you have a job, a car and a condo with a reasonable mortgage. So does he. But sooner or later, one of you is going to have to move if the two of you want things to work. Skype doesn't let you e-cuddle or e-go-to-the-movies (where you find out that you both crack up during the supposedly scary scenes). I'm not saying you should pick up and relocate two weeks into the relationship. But then again, two years can be too late. All of us fear being the ding-dong who gave up her whole life for some guy. But that guy probably fears the same thing. Nobody talks about it, but love requires bravery--and the kind of closeness that's not just in your minds.
No Expectations are Not Low
Sometimes it can be hard to tell just what your new man is looking for. If you've just started dating, and things are going great, you can begin to collect data to determine if he is Mr. Quality Casual, or is actually at a place in his life that he wants a relationship. Learn how to recognize the seven give-away signs he wants a relationship so you can find lasting love and partnership:
1. He is truly attentive to you. A man who is ready to settle down, really listens when you talk. He comfortably makes eye contact, asks questions about your life, hopes, dreams and even is amused by the quirky story about your cat! He will also ask for your input, and make you a core part of your conversations.
2. He wants to see you all the time. Although it might not be right away, he will want to see you at minimum one or two times a week (if not more, based on your work schedules). He will call/text you at regular intervals. He wants to see you as much as it is humanly possible!
3. HeRead More »from 7 Give-Away Signs He Wants a Relationship
If you're not part of their inner-circle, the private moments of Kate Middlton and Prince William's marriage are best left to imagination--or photographer Alison Jackson. For the past two years, Jackson has been staging royal scenarios, with the help of a camera and some very convincing lookalikes. There's the photo shoot of faux Will proposing ('marry me' is scrawled on his chest), and another of fake Kate taking a pregnancy test in a bathroom. Jackson's work, which hangs in galleries from London to Los Angeles, satirizes the public's insatiable hunger for royal insight, and meditates on "voyeurism, on the power and seductive nature of imagery, and on our need to believe," according to her website.
Even if you know her royal images are fake (her debauched Harry shots are pretty spot on), it's hard not to imagine 'what if'? What if we had access to more princely private moments? What if we really knew how Kate and Will reacted to the baby news, how they spent their holidays, howRead More »from Kate and Will's Christmas: A Facebook Photo Album
8 Great Gifts for the Various Men In Your LifeIf there's one thing we've learned from dating, it's that the men you encounter are all totally different… but they all probably like getting stuff. Here's a guide to some really interesting gifts for the dudes who serve different purposes in your life.
Read More »from 8 Great Gifts for the Various Men in Your Life
By Marcia Bunda for HowAboutWe
So your better half is a yogi! The ancient practice is good for the mind and body, improving concentration, balance, endurance, flexibility, and muscle tone. But for the uninitiated it can be confusing. What is a good gift for a yoga practitioner? All of the contraptions seem so odd… Here's a little help.
Read More »from What to Get: Your Yogi Significant Other
- HowAboutWe | Love + Sex – Tue, Dec 18, 2012 5:25 PM EST
By Brandon B Werner for HowAboutWe
Over the years, being a geek has become a lot more acceptable. After all, what's more attractive in a person than being passionate about something? Still, that doesn't change the fact that you may be stumped thinking of a gift for your significant other who seems to see every movie (and know about every gadget) before you do. Here are some ideas to help.
Read More »from 9 Great Gifts for Your Favorite (TV/Movie, Phone, & Gamer) Geek
Sometimes the most coveted gifts can't be bought, wrapped in pretty paper or placed under a Christmas tree. Sometimes the most valuable gifts don't cost a thing but instead require only a little time, love and extra effort. A serene moment without my children tugging at the bottom of my dress, a day off from doing the dishes -- something that illustrates how much the gift giver values my time, my effort and ultimately, my existence. These are the best, most thoughtful gifts, and they're all gifts that don't cost a penny. If any or all of the above sounds like an ideal present you'd like to receive Christmas morning, you'll love the other ideas I've rounded up. Click through for 7 free gift ideas for women! - By Krishann Briscoe
MORE ON BABBLE
Read More »from 7 Gifts Women Will Love that Don't Cost a Thing
- Babble.com | Love + Sex – Tue, Dec 18, 2012 4:20 PM EST
If the world was coming to an end, would you love differently today? As you've probably heard, the world may be coming to an end in less than a week's time. That's the suspicion some people have because the Mayan Calendar ends (or starts over, according to others), on December 21.Read More »from Will the Mayan Calendar Affect Your Relationship This Month?
So this got me thinking, what if the world really did end? I started thinking about my marriage in particular. Although I adore my husband, my focus hasn't been on him lately but instead on my girls. The fact that they continue to grow at an alarming rate, my Little Miss eight and my Littlest Miss already almost four months old, causes me to be consumed with wanting to be with them. I find myself chasing memories and desperately trying to make new ones. If my husband comes along for the ride, that's wonderful because, much like them he's easy on the eyes and has left an imprint in my heart but, I don't find myself focusing on our relationship the way I know I should.
I began thinking, "Would change anything about my marriage if I knew when my last day would be?" How would I
For 25-count 'em!-years, Bridal Guide has celebrated the most creative wedding ideas in food, flowers, decor, music and more. As a fresh year stretches before us, it's out with the old and in with the new, so if you're ringing in the New Year with sparkle on your finger, we'll continue to keep you on top of the trends with our annual coast-to coast survey of what's hot in weddings. It's going to be a stellar year to get married!
1. A return towards formality. "It's a move towards sophistication," says Alyssa Brown of Alison Events in San Francisco, the planners behind Seth Rogen's recent nuptials. "For example, we're planning an outdoor event right now, but there's crystal on the table, and gold silverware and chargers," Alyssa explains. "And black tie is playing a huge role right now. It's full-length gowns for everybody!"Neutral wedding palettes will be hot in 2013.
2. Neutral color palettes. "I see grey and taupe with pops of black," says Alyssa. Tara predicts that layers of blush will be big. Candles always have aRead More »from Top 13 Wedding Trends for 2013
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST