James Van Der Beek, the actor formerly known as Dawson, plays a jerky version of himself on Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23 and posts silly memes online--but here he gets serious about what guys want this time of year.
1. Skydiving lessons. Ask, "Have you ever wanted to jump out of an airplane?" and then change the subject. A month later you can give him skydiving lessons, and he won't remember having said it.
2. Socks. It's the worst present when we're eight; now that we're 28, it's a relief not to have to buy them ourselves. And socks can add a little rebelliousness to our buttoned-up wardrobe.
3. Tools. But only if you've heard something like, "Man, that new Makita 12-volt drill really looks great." If we're that specific, we mean "Go get it."
See more: Cute Boots for Every Budget
4. Steak of the month, beer of the month… Food is great. I'm always happy with flavored popcorn.
5. A personalized barbecue branding iron. That's cool. That's fun. [They actually exist!
- Smitten, Glamour Magazine | Love + Sex – Wed, Dec 12, 2012 6:02 PM EST
by GlamourRead More »from The Best and Worst Guy Gifts (According to James Van Der Beek!)
Word on the Internet is that oxytocin is better than dopamine.Over the past year hormones have not been my friend. Actually, if I really think about it, they never have been. They're more along the lines of what I'd call a frenemy; our relationship starting at the onset of puberty, as a young version of myself sat taking out the contents of my "Growing Up and Liking it Kit." My hormones make my body go crazy and an already emotional me weepy. They also make my husband ask me questions like "how long do pregnancy hormones stay in your system?"Read More »from The Trick to Keeping Husbands Faithful
Despite my love/hate relationship when it comes to my own hormones, there is one particular hormone that I'd love to get my hands on as I continue this emotional roller coaster that became increasingly intense at pregnancy and threw me for a loop at postpartum. I am also fully aware that in my future is another loop, one with hot flashes and night sweats. In the meantime; however, I'd like a little more of that oxytocin. I'd like to bottle it up and perhaps sprinkle a little bit of it on my husband for good
From the up-close talker to the one-upper, we reveal the list of characters you don't want to bump into under the mistletoe.Read More »from 8 People to Avoid at Your Holiday Party
By Kerry Lyons for TheNest.com
Holiday party characters to avoid
'Tis the season for making merry and making small talk! There's the office party, the neighborhood party, the cookie swap, the holiday brunch, the tree-trimming get-together -- and that's just for starters. You'll see plenty of those you adore, as well as those unsavory characters who can ruin a good time in seconds. Here's whom to watch out for this holiday season and how to dodge them if they corner you.
Barry the Bragger
This guy will corner you moments after you've arrived at the party. He takes two seconds to ask you about your kids, your job or your new house before he launches into a 60-minute monologue about his supermodel wife, his amazing kids and so on. You're trapped; you can't get away. You catch your husband's eye across the room, and he mouths, "You're still stuck there? Get more wine." Time to excuse yourself and
Google just released its annual report on the most-searched topics of 2012. Naturally, we're most interested in which celebrity weddings earned a spot! So, without further ado, here's the countdown of the biggest celebrity weddings of 2012:
More from Bridal Guide:
- The Most Memorable TV Weddings of All Time
- 12 of the Hottest Engagement Rings of 2012
- The Most Incredible Wedding Photos of the Year
- 100 Ideas for Winter Weddings
- 15 Hot Celebrity Couples to Watch in 2013
By: Kristen O'Gorman KleinRead More »from The Most-Searched Celebrity Weddings of 2012
- Astrology.com Tarot | Love + Sex – Wed, Dec 12, 2012 12:42 PM EST
The Knave of Chalices card reversed suggests that a troubled childhood, being possessive or a lack of or emotional validation could be responsible for hurt feelings or the loss of certain long-held romantic ideals. You could be asking, 'What was I thinking?' or 'Why bother?' If you are caught up in petty quarrels, manipulation or promiscuity, or are feeling defensive, victimized, confused or paralyzed by fear, you may not be able to move forward in your love life or relationship. A heart-to-heart could renew enthusiasm or help you to become emotionally available.
He likes to do what?!We cracked up when we saw a recent study that found most men don't know basic info about their girlfriends, like her bra size or birthday. But apparently there's plenty we don't know about our S.O.s, too. We got the guys at ModernMan.com to spill.Read More »from 7 Things You Don't Know About Your Man
By Ky Henderson
1. He Doesn't Tell His Guys Much About You, But Still Talks About His Exes
Don't freak-it's no big deal at all. For starters, women are way worse than men when it comes to what they reveal to their friends about the man they're with right now. A man, on the other hand, remains pretty tight-lipped about his girl; after all, he doesn't want his buddies picturing her naked. But sometimes guys need to brag about something if sexual escapades are being discussed, so they'll trot out old stories about exes.
2. He Thinks Your Bestie Is Hot
Oh, and also your frenemy. And your best friend's frenemy. And your friend from work. And your little sister. And …you get the idea. It doesn't mean he's going to make or move or even would want
- Cosmopolitan.com | Love + Sex – Wed, Dec 12, 2012 11:52 AM EST
This might be the future of contraception.Condoms are an essential part of sex, especially if you're not in a committed relationship. But, we get it: It's frustrating when you don't have one handy-and it totally sucks if you're allergic to latex.Read More »from The Latest in Female Contraception: Dissolving Condoms
By Meagan Morris
There's hope, though! Researchers at the University of Washington are busy working on a new type of condom for women that replaces traditional prophylactic materials with a science fiction-esque sheath electrically woven from chemical contraceptives, anti-STD medication, and polymers.
Related: 25 Sexy Ways to Put on a Condom
The best part? It blocks sperm, germs, and other undesirables before dissolving inside the body.
Kim Woodrow, one of the researchers behind the project, said their goal is to create contraception that women actually want to use.
"It's really about delivering them in a way that makes them more potent, and allows a woman to want to use it," she said.
Birth control that provides protection and is easy to use? Sign us up.
Read more at
- Lover.ly | Love + Sex – Wed, Dec 12, 2012 2:00 AM EST
The holidays are fast approaching, and engagement season is in full swing! Winter brides-to-be are fervently planning those last minute details and finishing off their to-do lists before their big day- Christmas, included! It's definitely time for a cocktail! Whether you're throwing an engagement soiree, an anniversary fete or just still searching for the perfect signature cocktail for your winter winderland wedding, we've rounded up 3 great winter-inspired cocktails to warm up your guests and kick off the festivities!
1. The Red Poinsettia
Mix 1/2 ounce Cointreau and 3 ounces cranberry juice in a chilled champagne flute, then top off with your favorite champagne. Hint: Replace the champagne with ginger ale or lemon-lime soda for a sparkling non-alcoholic version!
2. The Marry Me (Or, "Merry Me") Motini, from Wedding Chicks via Lover.ly
2 ½ oz. Daily's Mojito Mix
1 1/2 oz Daily's Pomegranate Mix
1 1/2 oz Rum
- Lylah M. Alphonse, Senior Editor, Yahoo! Shine | Love + Sex – Tue, Dec 11, 2012 11:38 PM EST
What would your workout be like if men and women switched stereotypes? (Photo: Yahoo! Screen)You know the stereotypes. At a bar, the guys are usually the ones trying to muscle in on Girls' Night Out. At the gym, the women are doing yoga and contemplating frozen yogurt while the guys are comparing protein powders and wondering why they signed up for the yoga class in the first place. And in a relationship? Do we even need to describe who's shopping and who's bored?
Yahoo! Screen has taken those stereotypes and turned them around in their new video series, "The Flip Side," directed by Jay Diaz and featuring a fun -- and funny! -- cast of characters. What happens when men and women trade roles? Take a look.
At the bar:
At the gym:
In a relationship:
Read More »from The Flip Side: What Happens when Men and Women Switch Roles?
- Smitten, Glamour Magazine | Love + Sex – Tue, Dec 11, 2012 6:25 PM EST
by Gena Kaufman, Glamour
Attention all Santa Baby-style gift givers! If you're the type that likes to get your sexy on as a Christmas gift to your man, hey, do your thang! (Did I just say "thang"?) It's not my style, but I can see how some silky red lingerie and a Santa hat, or a strategically placed bow might make for a hot present.
To help you out, I could have rounded up a selection of sexy, holiday-appropriate lingerie sets, orrrrrr I could show you guys the most utterly ridiculous "sexy" Christmas* get-ups I could find. Guess which I chose?
You know me well, readers. Let's go for the totally bizarre, who-in-the-world-thought-this-would-be-a-sexy-idea ensembles! (NSFW warning: I didn't show the most racy options, but some of these are straight-up lingerie, so beware in a conservative environment. Though even the more costumey options should probably not be worn publicly. Or privately, unless you're a couple with a great sense of humor and some extra cash to burn.)
My searchRead More »from 9 Sets of Crazy Ridiculous "Sexy" Christmas Bedroom Ensembles
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- Pesto Chicken Burgers17 hours ago