by Terri Pous
We always say it's a good idea to get a manicure after you get engaged so that you have nice nails to show off along with your new engagement ring! And now, it looks like Kelly Osbourne took that advice to heart.
Courtesy of InstagramThough it took Osbourne nearly five months to confirm her engagement to boyfriend Matthew Mosshart, she finally (and only somewhat subtly) debuted her round diamond engagement ring on Instagram today.
See more: The Most Flattering Wedding Dress for Your Body Type
The telltale photo showcased her cross-adorned silver manicure and was captioned, "Loving my new manicure thank you #esnails," but our focus was squarely on her stunningly simple ring!
See more: Engagement Rings for Under $5,000
The modern solitaire diamond is a stellar complement to her rock-and-roll-chic style. The custom-designed rock has extra-special meaning, too-it was fashioned after a piece of jewelry Osbourne's rock star father Ozzy used to wear.
"I designed it to look like an earring that
- BRIDES | Love + Sex – Tue, Jul 23, 2013 3:41 PM EDT
by Terri PousRead More »from Kelly Osbourne Finally Shows Off Her Engagement Ring!
- Babble.com | Love + Sex – Tue, Jul 23, 2013 1:29 PM EDT
Liam Gallagher is suing a US newspaper for reporting that he may have fathered a child during a secret affair. The New York Post claimed an unnamed woman gave birth to a daughter less than a year ago, and is now suing the former Oasis singer in New York for paternity costs of up to $3 million (£2 million) in Manhattan Family Court. According to yesterday's Post article, the "mystery woman" is described as a journalist in her 30′s who "specializes in interviewing celebrities." Although Friday's legal hearing was not listed publicly, the Post reports that it took place with magistrate Matthew Troy, under the heading "Anonymous v Anonymous," and will continue later this month. While these reports remain unsubstantiated, there have been many famous cases of celebrities fathering love children in the past. Click through for 8 celebrities who fathered love children! -By Suzanne CowieRead More »from Hugh Grant, Jude Law, and Arnold: 8 Celebrities Who Fathered Love Children
MORE ON BABBLE
10 reasons why he wants sex when you're pregnant
7 things ALL women want in bed
After a series of four harrowing hair trials, I'd love to share my experience with other brides in case anyone is going through the same thing (you're not alone!) or in the process of scheduling their beauty appointments for the big day. This is my story about the connection between hair and self-image - including a few hard-earned lessons I learned along the way.A retro-inspired wedding hairdo.
I looked into the mirror and saw an imposter staring back at me in a haze of hairspray. I recognized the wide Katy Perry-like eyes, but everything else about her was foreign. She had a retro bouffant 'do warped from the '50s, with boho braids wrapped around the sides of her head. I could barely make out the sparkling headpiece on top because it was drowning in a nest of curls. (Learn how to choose a wedding hair accessory, here.)
This wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I showed the hairstylist my inspiration photo of Kate Middleton (my fashion hero!) at a royal gala, looking resplendent with her updo and amazingRead More »from One Bride's Quest for Kate Middleton Hair
I see you!Read More »from Top 5 Tips for Taking Saucy Pics Together
Shooting intimate photos together can be embarrassing and even terrifying, but it can also be an incredibly sexy and intimate experience. Plus, no matter how you feel about your shape, we're pretty sure that in thirty years you'll wish you had that body - and you'll be glad you captured it for posterity!
1. Only shoot saucy pics with someone you trust completely - if you wouldn't invite them home for the holidays, can you really trust them with compromising evidence? You can double-down on privacy by keeping your face out of the shot and/or shooting with mini instant camera (no negatives and no instant ability to "forward"). If you must send your partner a saucy pic of yourself, be sure to use an app like SnapChat that only displays the pic for a few seconds before self-combusting.
2. Full nudity is overrated - sometimes the sexier images happen when you leave a little to the imagination… leave on an item of clothing, or artfully drape a sheet, or coyly place an arm or hand in the
- EMandLO.com | Love + Sex – Tue, Jul 23, 2013 1:20 PM EDT
The men tell all.It's hard to come up with five decent love lessons each week when the show isn't that exciting this season. The bloopers reel wasn't even that good! (And such small portions, too!) A sure a signifier of just how ho-hum this cast was. So don't expect much enlightenment from "The Men Tell All." Fingers crossed for finale drama. Until then, a few tips (extracted from tonight's episode with metal pliers):Read More »from Top 5 Love Lessons from the Bachelorette (The Men Tell All)
Nothing says "party" quite like confetti, and these colorful confetti wedding details are sure to leave you feeling festive. Multicolored glitter accessories, bold dotted invites, and showers of confetti during grand send-offs are a fun and elegant way to incorporate good cheer into your wedding decor. Throw a bash, throw some confetti, and celebrate true love!
More from Lover.ly:
Read More »from PHOTOS: Confetti Wedding Fetes
- Smitten, Glamour Magazine | Love + Sex – Tue, Jul 23, 2013 12:59 PM EDT
by Gena KaufmanRead More »from It's Actually a Little Annoying How Much Men Need Women
Bill and Melinda Gates; photo credit: Getty ImagesThis weekend the New York Times took the old phrase, "Behind every great man stands a great woman" and updated it to be "Inside every great man is a selfish dude who won't do nice things for other people until he gets some ladies in his life who make him want to be a better man."
I'm exaggerating, but not that much. The article, entitled "Why Men Need Women," examined what makes some super-rich men, like Bill Gates, extremely philanthropic while others are basically swimming in their own money like Scrooge McDuck. And as you may have guessed from the title, the proposed answer is female presence in these men's lives.
A new study examined the habits of male chief executives at thousands of Danish companies, and found that after men became fathers, on average they actually paid their employees less. The exception: Men who had daughters didn't reduce their employees' wages. And it's not the first research of its kind. Previous studies have shown that men with daughters
- Smitten, Glamour Magazine | Love + Sex – Tue, Jul 23, 2013 12:53 PM EDT
by Gena KaufmanRead More »from Are Long-Distance Relationships Actually More Intimate? They Might Be!
CN Digital StudioLong-distance relationships are hard, but according to new research, they might be absolutely worth it.
A new study says that men and women in long-distance relationships are more likely to share meaningful thoughts and feelings and have a greater sense of intimacy than couples who live together geographically. The couples who lived apart had fewer interactions daily, but they revealed more about themselves in the interactions.
See more: 10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
It's not all Skype roses though. Licensed psychotherapist Rachel Sussman says that while technology has been a driving force in long-distance relationships, this research doesn't account for the "loneliness factor" and the second-guessing that happens when a couple is apart, so long-distance relationships can still be really stressful. (Additionally, the study was conducted among participants whose average age was 21.)
See more: 15 Hair-Color Makeover Ideas to Try in 2013
Still, I think
- Astrology.com Tarot | Love + Sex – Tue, Jul 23, 2013 12:40 PM EDT
The Seven of Wands card reversed suggests that romantic support may be restricted or conditional. A situation where boundaries are an issue may appear, or you may have some unfinished relationship business that you are avoiding. Change is unavoidable, whether that means a fresh start or the end of a stagnant situation that you've been putting off for too long.
- Babble.com | Love + Sex – Tue, Jul 23, 2013 11:59 AM EDT
Marriage is a long, winding, and often surprising road. There are things you can only learn after living with someone for a very long time, things that only a husband or a wife can teach you, and things that you can only learn about yourself once you've got that ring on your finger. Marriages can suffer for any number of reasons - infidelity, lackluster sex life, differing goals, or even tastes and opinions that reveal themselves down the line. People change, even the people we love most, and encountering that change in someone so close to you can be a very challenging experience. Marriage is one of the best choices that I ever made, but it was full of revelations and realizations that I could never have anticipated. Click through for 7 unexpected things about married life you need to know! -By Chaunie Brusie
MORE ON BABBLE
Read More »from Wedding Wows: 7 Unexpected Things About Married Life You Need to Know
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- Curtis Stone's Top Recipes for a Stress-Free Holiday PartyTue, Dec 3, 2013 1:51 PM EST
- This is Our New Favorite Roast ChickenTue, Dec 3, 2013 3:26 PM EST
- Wait, What? According to New Study Most Extra Virgin Olive Oils Are Fa …Tue, Dec 3, 2013 5:43 PM EST