The Two of Swords card reversed suggests that letting down your guard to make an impulsive connection could release sexual tension or break a relationship stand-off, or it may precede a romantic reunion, infatuation or confrontation. While you might think that taking the first step is beneath you, you can make a move while still being respectful of your own feelings. On the contrary, efforts to remain distant, anonymous or indifferent may not work once admissions are made, blinders are removed or previous hurts are recognized or overcome. You may be too close to the situation to view the matter objectively. Listen to the voice of reason and see the truth.
- Astrology.com Tarot | Love + Sex – Tue, Dec 4, 2012 11:50 AM EST
Me and my BF havent seen each other in over a month, his mom invited me over today buuttt my parents said no, so no I am hoping his mom says yes to me and him going on a date tomorrow, I really miss him and I woul do anything just to see him, but the outlook isnt good... :/
The ever-so jolly holiday season sets the stage for one of the most romantic times of the year. But no worries single gals and guys, there is more than enough love to go around. Even in the midst of the frantic, last minute gift shopping and preparations for throwing an unforgettable party to kick off the New Year, love is in the air- and not just for the ones who are taken. The lovely holiday season provides plenty opportunity to meet a honey just in time to snag a kiss under the mistletoe. Anything can happen during the holidays, so keep your eyes and options open for potential love in these places:
1. Christmas party: Holiday parties are an absolute must during Christmas time. Take complete advantage of the endless party invites this year. Throw on a fancy, red dress or suit and go to a Christmas party or two. Make the extra effort to introduce yourself to the attendees. Sip on eggnog and embrace the holiday spirit with new friends…Read More »from How to Find Love Admist Holiday Craziness
Baby, it's cold outside....It's no secret that the holidays are a stressful time of the year. It always feels like we have too much to do and too little time and money to accomplish everything on our list.
This year seems to be particularly intense, and I'm not even buying into all that "end of the world" talk.
To counter all that craziness, here are my favorite ideas for staying in love -- or at least minimizing the fighting, during stressful times like these.
1. Set aside daily time for extreme self-care. This advice is important not only for the holidays, but during any stressful time. When I get busier, the first thing that usually falls apart is my self care routine, and I know I'm not the only one. This year, make it your top priority to eat in moderation and exercise regularly, and watch how much easier it is to stay balanced, sane, and happy.
2. Get out of the house every night. My friend Alyson swears by this routine: "EveningRead More »from Staying Madly in Love During the Holidays
- Tina Tessina | Love + Sex – Mon, Dec 3, 2012 10:23 PM EST
Dear Dr. Romance,
I have developed feelings for my co-worker and during the past several months, we have had very brief encounters that were limited to greetings. Due to the small work place, I could not go and talk comfortably to him without eliciting attentions/rumors.
I will be leaving my job at the end of this week to start grad school and really want to talk to him for the last time. I just want to say goodbye and say if he ever wants to keep in touch he can contact me. I was thinking about leaving a note on his car but I am not sure whether it's appropriate.
Would you please please help me with this dilemma? I really don't want to leave without saying goodbye.
Your leaving is the perfect opportunity to give this connection a chance. He's unmarried, right? However, I don't think a note on his car is a good idea. Do you know his phone extension at work? If you do, call and (if he doesn't answer) leave him a message, identify yourself so he'llRead More »from Dear Dr. Romance: I Don't Want to Leave Without Saying Goodbye
She just married Justin Timberlake! The beautiful Jessica Biel was here to tell Ellen about married life!
- YourTango.com | Love + Sex – Mon, Dec 3, 2012 6:16 PM EST
Big news is on the horizon for the LGBT community and the nation.Could same sex couples finally have an answer on the question of whether gay marriage is constitutional? The courts and the nation have remained split on the issue, effectively leaving the issue of marriage legality for same-sex couples up in the air - until now.Read More »from Will the Supreme Court Finally Weigh in on Gay Marriage?
More from YourTango: 8 Celebs Who Are Proud To Be Out
The Supreme Court is currently mulling over which action to take on several pending appeals that address the issue of gay marriage. The Court's decision on whether to hear any of the 10 cases presently before it could come as early as Friday, the last scheduled meeting prior to the Court's holiday recess.
The Supreme Court Justices meet weekly to decide which cases to hear and add to the calendar term. There are nine justices, and four votes are needed to add a case to their agenda and schedule oral arguments. If the court decides to hear any of these cases, it could potentially lead to a historic ruling which legalizes same-sex marriage nationwide.
Currently pending in
Getty Imagesby Brides
You tell your new husband everything-your hopes, fears, and dreams. But there may be a conversation you've both been skirting: the one about money. Learning to share every detail about your 401(k) or charge card might take some getting used to, but trust us, it's well worth it. To help you discuss the past and plan for the future-all while maintaining engagement bliss-we called in the pros. Their simple tips are, well, right on the money.
Related: Five Things to Consider Before You Buy a House
1. Create a Vision
Does your "happily ever after" involve jetting off for a Jamaican vacation, or landing a mortgage ASAP? Whatever the dream, it's important to map out your future together. Write down a list of your short-term goals (a car, a new sectional couch) and long-term ones (a four-bedroom home in a nice neighborhood, a comfortably padded 401(k)). "You don't have to have every single detail figured out," says Bell, "but prioritizing will give you a better sense ofRead More »from How to Talk About Money with Your Husband
- Woman s Day | Love + Sex – Mon, Dec 3, 2012 3:00 PM EST
man and woman kissingBy Sasha Henriques
Beyond the Boudoir
One of the best ways to liven up your sex life? Switch things up. And what's more out of the ordinary than getting intimate outside of the bedroom? Enticing sexual opportunities abound throughout your house, but you may not know where (or how) to get started. Check out the best ways to get busy in each area of your home. Photo by Thinkstock.
Yes, even washing up can lead to getting down and dirty. "In the shower, face each other and elevate one of your legs on a raised surface, like the side of the tub or a shower bench, as he slides inside," says Amy Levine, sex coach and founder of Ignite Your Pleasure. For deeper penetration, bend your body forward from your hips, so your hands can touch the tub, while your partner stands behind you. If shower sex sounds too slippery, Diana Wiley, PhD, a Seattle-based sex therapist, recommends using the toilet. "Straddle him as he sits on the toilet seat (the cover can be up or down).Read More »from The Best Sex Positions for Every Room in the House
How to Persuade a Tough Crowd
What teen or early adult hasn't been here before? A young woman writes in because she's in love. That's not unusual, and that's the not the problem. The problem is that she loves a guy who dumped her once and is now back on the scene.Read More »from How to Get Your Parents to like Your Boyfriend
While she's forgiven him, the same cannot be said of her parents, who only remember the countless hours she cried her eyes out over this guy. So what can this young woman do to make her parents like the man she loves?
Watch for a few ideas. Pop in your earbuds and take a listen, then feel free to add a comment or two of your own.
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST