Here are some reasons women cheat.A helpful guide from dating expert Renee Lee for every woman-and man-on why ladies go rogue. Does this apply to you?
By Carson Griffith
As far as stereotypes go, a wandering eye and the urge to jump into bed with multiple partners seems to be built into a man's DNA, but when it comes to cheating, the sexes are created more equally than we think. (Cough, Kristen Stewart, cough.) Renee Lee, a relationship expert with a masters in psychology, dishes out five reasons why women cheat.
1. Going Through A Transition
"If it is graduating, turning a certain age, losing a parent or advancing the relationship status, women become introspective," explains Lee. "Even if it is something she wants, such as just getting engaged or graduating, the transition can stir up an array of emotions about where her life is going or where she is in it. The discomfort of change can trigger an impulsive desire to find someone to take her focus off the change and be a diversion for what she is going through."
Here are some reasons women cheat.A helpful guide from dating expert Renee Lee for every woman-and man-on why ladies go rogue. Does this apply to you?Read More »from 5 Realistic Reasons Why Women Cheat
- Babble.com | Love + Sex – Tue, May 21, 2013 12:56 PM EDT
If you are attending a wedding in the near future, it's likely the couple is registered somewhere. You may have even already peeked online or stopped at their store of choice to pick up a gift...unless you are shopping for a couple that has decided to go against the status quo. Over the past few years, more couples have been opting to have non-traditional registries. While some love the idea of heading down store aisles with a scanner in hand, others hope to be the recipients of wedding gifts of a different nature. If you are planning your own nuptials, you may not be aware of the fact that the possibilities are just about endless when it comes to making your wedding day wish list. Take a look at this round-up, which highlights a few of the alternative wedding registries for today's brides and grooms. Here are 7 unique places to check out! -By Krishann Briscoe
MORE ON BABBLE
Jessica Alba and her husband, Cash Warren, celebrated their five year anniversary on Monday, May 19. Letting her hubby - and the world - know just how blissful those five years have been, Alba posted two collages that she made of some of the couple's happiest moments together on Instagram. "#mylove+myheart+mybestfriend+myconfidant ur my everything, I love u... To another #5yrs #HappyAnniversary."
Taking a more humorous approach to publicly displaying his affection, Warren tweets: "5 years ago today I married my soul mate @jessicaalba & my hair immediately turned grey. Go figure... #truelove #happyanniversary."
Despite the busy life of parenting a three and five year old daughter, the two prioritize their efforts to keep the romance going strong. In her exclusive blog for iVillage, Alba explains: "Whether we're settling into the couch to watch bad reality telelvision or getting a babysitter so we can enjoy a dateRead More »from Jessica Alba Knows the Secret to a Happy Marriage
- Woman s Day | Love + Sex – Tue, May 21, 2013 12:19 PM EDT
Banish unhappiness by avoiding these mistakes By Jenna BirchRead More »from 11 Ways Women Sabotage Their Marriages Without Even Knowing It
Of course you want the happiest marriage possible, but little things you do-some of which you don't notice-may be damaging your relationship. In fact, you may intentionally opt for these actions because you believe they're helpful, even though the opposite is true. Steer clear of the following mistakes to keep your marriage on the right track. Photos by Thinkstock
1. You wait for your husband to speak up if he needs something, especially sex.
Men want to be strong, not vulnerable, and many feel they can't admit to having additional needs. If he senses you're too busy for, or not open to, hearing his desires, he'll stay mum-and miserable. "Ask him what he's thinking and wanting," advises clinical psychologist Andra Brosh, PhD. "Don't wait for him to bring it up because he probably won't."
2. You don't tell your husband you appreciate him.
Whether he's the breadwinner or a stay-at-home dad, acknowledge his efforts, or your man may feel you take him for granted. "Even
Photo Courtesy of NEW YOU magazine, by Fadil Berisha
Now that Martha Stewart has taken a leap of faith and joined Match.com she has some words of wisdom for all the online daters out there.
1. Shared interests are crucial for a successful relationship. I'm a firm believer in group exercise and companion sports, from yoga classes to golf or bocce ball - sometimes I'll even let my dates win.
2. Must love dogs. And cats. And chickens and donkeys and horses. If you're an animal lover, that last thing you want is someone who doesn't love your furry and feathered friends.
3. Judge a person by their profile photo - to a degree. While nothing can compare to the importance of a stellar personality, the profile photo is your first indication of how someone presents himself or herself.
4. I plan on living a good, long life, so my dates have to be able to keep upRead More »from Online Dating? Martha Stewart Has 7 Tips for You
- Babble.com | Love + Sex – Tue, May 21, 2013 12:03 PM EDT
the pastWe hear it all of the time, "keep the past in the past." We are taught that dwelling on yesterday can be toxic for our relationships and to call it anything less than a hindrance to our relationship's growth would be an understatement. But, sometimes revisiting the past can be a good thing. However, as with many things it all comes down to how you look at it.
I, for one, am a proponent of looking back. While I agree that dwelling on the past can cause problems within your relationship, particularly when it comes to holding onto past hurt and indiscretions, this isn't always the case. Despite the fact that some people decide to keep a record of their spouse's wrongs, falling into that seemingly natural tendency to focus on all that is wrong in their relationships instead of everything that is right, some of us can pull a host of positives from the past.
Related: 14 things you should never say to a woman
You see, it is when we look back that we are able to finally seeRead More »from How Bringing Up the Past Can Heat Up the Sex Life in Your Relationship
- HowAboutWe | Love + Sex – Tue, May 21, 2013 11:59 AM EDT
10 Hilarious Examples of Guys Not Realizing They're Being Hit OnBy Chiara Atik for HowAboutWeRead More »from 10 Hilarious Examples of Guys Not Realizing They’re Being Hit On
Reddit has a seriously entertaining thread going right now of stories of guys just com-plete-ly not getting the hint from girls who were, in retrospect, blatantly interested in them. It just goes to prove that even if you think you're being embarrassingly forward, like, if-this-were-any-clearer-I-could-get-arrested forward, guys still might not get the message.
Here are some of the best tales of guys all over the world who just. Didn't. Get it.
Plus: 'Modern Dating: A Field Guide'-Pin to Win Over $2,000 in Prizes!
1. "He had been keen on this one girl who had been flirting with him for weeks, and as we all lived on res at Uni, they were always bumping into one another. Anyway, after a function we all get home very drunk and he receives a text from her complaining that she is incredibly horny and upset because the batteries in her vibrator have run out and wanted to know if he could help her. So being the genius that he is, he takes two AA batteries out
- Astrology.com Tarot | Love + Sex – Tue, May 21, 2013 11:57 AM EDT
The Knave of Pentacles card reversed suggests that frustration over finances or paperwork may be overwhelming or hurting your relationship or love life. Make sure resources aren't used carelessly on superficial displays of extravagance or cheap physical indulgences, otherwise you may be caught in a vicious cycle of working harder for ultimately superficial goals. Set some realistic objectives that can aid in the process of simplifying your life. Be willing to work together and you can turn things around.
Real brides dish on their most mortifying moments.Read More »from 12 Most Embarrassing Wedding Moments
By The Editors of TheKnot.com
Thinkstock / The Knot1. Spanx Snafu
"I accidentally left my shaping underwear in the dryer at my fiance's parents' house. On the day of the wedding, I had to call them up so they could bring it with them to the venue for me. His dad answered the phone, and I told him the predicament I was in, having to describe what they looked like and where I'd left them to make sure the correct pair was brought. Lo and behold, my shaping underwear was at the venue when I arrived!" -- erollis
Scandalous Scale: 4 out of 5
2. Prewedding Peep Show
"Due to the nature of my gown, I could not wear a bra underneath it, so I was standing topless in the bridal suite with just my mom, my sister and my best friend in the room, all of whom were polite enough to avoid eye contact with my chest while we attempted different ways to maneuver my dress onto me without ruining my hair and makeup. Out of nowhere, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law came in and
Real brides share their wedding night stories (and they're not what you think).Read More »from What Really Happens on the Wedding Night
By Anne Roderique-Jones for TheKnot.com
Shutterstock / The KnotJust Me and My TV
We had an evening garden wedding that happened to fall on the day of a 75-year record high...a whopping 106 degrees. We were exhausted and soaked when we finally got back to the honeymoon suite. I went to the bathroom to peel myself out of the drenched wedding dress, take a shower, and change. I finally walk out -- perfect hair, stellar makeup, and some sexy lingerie -- only to find my husband sprawled out on the bed, passed out, and snoring. Bravo TV and I spent one salacious evening together. --Sposati
Flooded With Emotion
The hotel we stayed in had a huge, two-person shower, and we jumped in it immediately after the reception. We started to fool around until my husband began to look extremely freaked out. Apparently, my fake eyelashes were falling off, and he had no clue that I had been wearing them. One strip was on my cheek, and the other was
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST