I'm not gonna lie: Being unattached has some serious perks.In honor of National Singles Week, I'd like to throw this out there: Being unattached has some serious perks. My friends and I are all in our early 20s, so we're at varying relationship stages. Some are engaged, some (like myself) are in long-term relationships, some are playing the field and others are living (and loving) the single life.
And man, sometimes I just get jealous of the single ones.
I haven't been paired up for too long; my boyfriend and I are learning new things about one another every day. And though I'm very happy in my relationship (thank you very much!) I was plenty happy when I was single, too, and there are many things I miss. Here's a list that should aptly be titled "My boyfriend might break up with me after reading this."
1. Flirting. Or, more specifically, flirting without shame or regret.
2. The chase. The biggest chase that will happen in a relationship is likely when your boyfriend steals the remote during an ABC Family screening of The
- YourTango.com | Love + Sex – Thu, Sep 20, 2012 2:44 PM EDT
I'm not gonna lie: Being unattached has some serious perks.In honor of National Singles Week, I'd like to throw this out there: Being unattached has some serious perks. My friends and I are all in our early 20s, so we're at varying relationship stages. Some are engaged, some (like myself) are in long-term relationships, some are playing the field and others are living (and loving) the single life.Read More »from 10 Reasons Why I Feel Jealous of My Single Friends
- Tina Tessina | Love + Sex – Thu, Sep 20, 2012 1:28 PM EDT
Dear Dr. Romance:
Quite honestly, all the info in "Lighten Up - Cures for Marital Boredom" is great. But if your list of reccomendations were a test, we have failed everyone or most of them. I am walking lightly around here, just knowing, somehow, somewhere in time, we will find our way back into each others space, or away from all this, when the survival mode is no more, for now, I just do the best I can to stay in my loving heart. Have a delicious day.
They're not a test; they're things for you to try out instead of being resigned try having fun. If he won't do it with you, then try doing it by yourself but in his presence. Laugh at the funnies, turn on a comedy show, put on some good music and dance around. You'll feel better, and he will eventually be tempted to have some fun, too.
Dr. Romance on Getting What You Want:
If you have difficulty in knowing what you want and communicating it, try these steps:
1. Get clear about what you want: YouRead More »from Dear Dr. Romance: I Do My Best to Stay in My Loving Heart
Living together before marriage
Have we outgrown marriage?
Let me say first that I firmly believe most women and men want the same things. We all want to have connection, to be loved, to have someone we can trust as the parent of our children. We want friendship, sex and someone to take care of us when we are sick. These are not gender dependent desires. What has been true in the past is that in general, women sought marriage, while men avoided it.
To paraphrase Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice , it is a truth universally acknowledged that a single woman wants to be a wife. Most women grow up with the idea that they will grow up and marry, and indeed have a desire to do so. But why?
I realized that answer not long ago as I read Liz Gilbert's Committed. Until very recently in our American history, the single most effective way for a woman to achieve lifelong security, social status and potential happiness was to marry. The act of marriage enabled a woman to legally pass on property (since aRead More »from Have We Outgrown Marriage?
- EMandLO.com | Love + Sex – Thu, Sep 20, 2012 1:02 PM EDT
Good puppy!Read More »from Training Your Partner in Bed is Just like Training a Puppy
What would you do if your husband refused to even try to give you an orgasm? This was a situation a reader of our site found herself in recently. Our other readers jumped in to offer friendly advice, and this was our favorite solution, from a reader named Hannah:
If there was no child involved, I'd say DUMP HIM… I mean that is bad. Very seriously bad. And it's not as if you haven't tried to tell him. Most men would be mortified if someone told them they sucked in bed, and they'd make really sure they never did it again. But then again, most men care way too much about making women orgasm. If he doesn't care at all, well, then I wouldn't even see the point of having sex with him at all.
But keep in mind that training people is just like training a puppy:
• You need to be absolutely consistent and clear.
• You need to be overflowing with praise for good behavior.
• You should never ever reward bad behavior. Never.
Just think, if you pulled a slot machine 100 times, and then on the
Choosing our favorite places to snuggle with your someone special from all the romantic places in the world wasn't as easy a task as one may think. There are loads of fabulously pampering properties that appeal to just-about-to-wed couples, honeymooners, babymooners and people who just happen to be in love. But in the end, we chose top hotel rooms that offer awesome views, spectacular bedding and some other sweet add-ons that are sure to spark the romance.
By: Jenna Mahoney
More from Bridal Guide:
- Caribbean Honeymoons for Every Budget
- 100 Gorgeous Ideas for Fall Weddings
- 12 Times Your Single Friends Might Secretly Hate You
- 50 Ways to Personalize Your Wedding
- 10 Things No One Tells You About Gown Shopping
Embrace the Positives of Being Single!
Posted by James Lane for Bounceback.com
In celebration of National Singles Week, when everyone is looking at their single life with a glass half empty view, we have discovered so many reasons why it is just awesome to be single.
1. Enjoying your free time
When you are single, you have more time to focus on your friends, read a great novel, or watch your favorite television show. It is a time for you to relax and not have to worry about someone else for a change. You can wake up when you want, go to brunch with some friends, and then come home and watch the Kardashian marathon, with no guilty conscious.
2. Experience new things
Especially if you are young, being single is the best opportunity to experience all new things! A new city or a new job. You aren't tied down to anything, so if you want, you can get up and move cities and start a new life. You get to know yourself in a totally new way; a way you wouldn't if you were in a relationship.Read More »from 5 Reasons Why It's Great to Be Single!
3. You are
Of course you know better, but sometimes the forbidden is just oh… so… seductive. Yah, you know you really shouldn't-- yet sometimes you can't seem to help yourself, right?
The next time you find yourself being sucked into a romance with any of these five types of men, think again because here's the cold, hard truth. The biggest reason most of you are still single is that you've wasted too much time in dead-end relationships, with guys like these!
Ditch the Date #1: Your Hot Neighbor
Sweet! The new guy next door is a total hottie. But if you find yourself baking some cookies as an excuse to meet him, bring them to your co-workers instead. While it's super convenient to date when you can walk over to his house in your slippers, once it's over, your heart will never know a moments peace. "Oh look, his car's in the driveway, wonder what he's doing now?" Sigh. "Oh no, who's car is that in the driveway?"Read More »from 5 Dates You Should Ditch
You and your best friend are usually inseparable: you laugh until you cry, lie side by side on the beach all day and even pluck each other's eyebrows. So when she finds Mr. Right, it's easy to find yourself left in the dust. You no longer hang out, and the only time you see her is when you accidentally bump into her while she's hand in hand with her boyfriend at the mall. While it's perfectly normal to have that "can't get enough" feeling when a relationship begins, it's not okay for a friend to leave you out of their life because you've been replaced by someone else. Here are some ways you can help them find a balance between love for you and love for their partner:
1. Let them go through their honeymoon phase: When two people meet and the chemistry is tangible, it's hard to rip them apart, especially in the beginning. Every couple goes through what is called a "Read More »from Your BFF Chose Her Boyfriend Over You – Now What?
Engagement rings are one of the most important elements in beginning a marriage. They signify the bond you have with your partner, their commitment to you and the security of your relationship. Of course, there's also the glamour and luxury that comes with a gorgeous diamond on your hand. Here are some celebrity engagement rings that perfectly represent both the strength and extravagance of celebrity marriage:
1. Kate Hudson: Kate Hudson's engagement ring from Muse rocker Matt Bellamy is an outstanding statement in such a private relationship. The $200,000 platinum ring is a nine carat emerald-cut diamond with tapered baguettes on the side. The two have been engaged for a year. Although they have no wedding date set, they do have a son together, Bingham.Read More »from Favorite Celebrity Engagement Rings
- Babble.com | Love + Sex – Wed, Sep 19, 2012 5:07 PM EDT
While it's true nobody said marriage was easy, only folks in a bad marriage can truly understand that marriage shouldn't have to be so hard. Despite the best of intentions and promises of forever, sometimes a marriage just doesn't work out. No matter the reason for the deterioration of a relationship, staying in a toxic marriage for the sake of staying married will eventually take a very serious personal toll. Take a look at the 7 most common reasons people stay in bad marriages and why staying isn't such a great idea - By Lori Garcia
MORE ON BABBLE
Read More »from Love Hurts: 7 Common Reasons Why People Stay in a Bad Marriage
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- Host an "Arrested Development" PartyFri, May 24, 2013 1:20 PM EDT
- The Perfect Cocktail to Kick-Start Your Weekend: Gin Lemonade PunchFri, May 24, 2013 1:06 PM EDT
- Ask Kemp: Super-Easy Pizza RecipeFri, May 24, 2013 1:32 PM EDT