by Kate Kelly and Sharon Liao for SHAPE.com
All your most personal sex questions, answered!Chatting about orgasms, lagging libidos, or STDs can be intimidating. So we stepped in and did the asking. Our experts insights may reassure you, surprise you, and even inspire you to turn up the heat on your sessions in the sack.
1. I had unsafe sex. What are the chances I really have an STD? You have good reason to be concerned: Sexually transmitted diseases are on the rise, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, with 19 million new cases occurring each year. Unfortunately, infections aren't detectable in your body immediately, so you'll have to wait an anxious week or so before you can see your doctor to get screened for chlamydia and gonorrhea, says New York City gynecologist Carol Livoti, M.D.-and then another three to seven days for the results. "A course of antibiotics will nix these bacterial infections," says Livoti. "But if left untreated, they can cause long-term damage and harm your fertility." You should
by Kate Kelly and Sharon Liao for SHAPE.comRead More »from Your Top 6 Sex Questions, Answered
- Lover.ly | Love + Sex – Tue, Aug 20, 2013 11:35 AM EDT
By Annie Lau, Lover.ly
Mint and gold together is the current favorite in wedding palettes, and we love pairing this duo with delicate, feminine lace. Rich and luxurious, yet still crisp and modern, there are so many ways to translate this palette into your decor and attire. Some of our favorites: serving your guests traditional, Southern mint juleps from gold-rimmed cocktail glasses, draping your 'maids in whimsical mint chiffon dresses and adoring your table in lovely lace table runners. Get inspired with images from real weddings in our slideshow.
More from Lover.lyRead More »from (Photos) Mint Juleps & Lace: The Perfect Duo for Vintage-Inspired Southern Weddings
by BRIDES StaffRead More »from A Whimsical China Pattern that Still Feels Modern
From ingenious wedding favors to top-shelf beauty finds, our editors are always uncovering the next best thing in weddings.
Courtesy of Jung Lee New York
Looking for a porcelain pattern that's pretty but still edgy enough to satisfy your modern tastes? Add this stunning set to your wedding registry. The black-and-white stripes offset the girly butterflies, making it a great compromise for you and your guy.
See more: The Latest Wedding Dress Trends from NY Bridal Fashion Week
"I can picture Christian Lacroix's amazing new porcelain collection at a glamorous garden party, but it could also elevate a simple meal. A butterfly plate topped with a buttery croissant and jam would make me very happy." -Jennifer Condon, Style & Registry Director
See more: The Most Flattering Wedding Dress for Your Body Type
China from $45 a piece, Jung Lee New York
More from BRIDES:
50 Genius Cost-Cutting Tips from Real Brides
The Most Creative Wedding Cakes of the Year
Wedding Dresses We Love, For Under $1,000
- Claudine Zap | Love + Sex – Mon, Aug 19, 2013 4:16 PM EDT
This wedding procession, caught on tape, strikes a chord - literally: Before tying the knot, the musical duo - with backup - performed on guitar.
Jordan Strauss, 30, a guitar teacher in Hatboro, Pennsylvania, taught his bride, Andrea Strauss, 25, how to play so the two could make music together on their big day.
The video of the wedding, which took place in May, is getting attention on the Web.
"We wanted to do something that we knew would stand out and put our own personal stamp to make it even more memorable," Jordan Strauss told Yahoo on the phone. Mission very accomplished.
The ceremony takes place at a Roman Catholic church in Long Valley, New Jersey. The scene is traditional except that Jordan, dressed in a dark suit, is strumming an electric version of Pachelbel's "Canon" with one of his groomsmen as the priest stands nearby. Then Andrea enters in white, with a guitar strapped on, and joins in.
The bride shows her multiple talents: walking down the aisle in four-inch red heelsRead More »from Bride and Groom Play Guitar Duet Before Tying the Knot
By Perrie Samotin, StyleCasterRead More »from Study Shows Doing This Will Make You More Money
Sex = More Money Good news for those of you getting busy on the regular: You're probably richer than your sex-starved counterparts.
Related: Lena Dunham Shows Off Her Bikini Body in 'Girls' Season 3 Teaser
According to a recent study conducted by researchers at Angila Ruskin University in Cambridge, England, people who had sex four or more times a week earned more money than those not as lucky.
Why? It all goes back to that famous theory you may have learned about in Psych 101 called Maslow's Need Hierarchy.
More: All Grown Up: Maddox Jolie-Pitt Wears Deep V-Neck And Leather Jacket
Doesn't ring a bell? Here's the gist: Humans have to meet their basic needs like food, water, and sexual activity before they can attempt to succeed in other aspects of life.
"People need to love and be loved (sexually and non-sexually) by others. In the absence of these elements, many people become susceptible to loneliness, social anxiety, and depression that could affect their working
- Astrology.com Tarot | Love + Sex – Mon, Aug 19, 2013 2:04 PM EDT
The Ace of Swords card reversed suggests that at this time certain factors don't add up to a convincing argument. You may not have all the information you need to make a definite decision or to direct the question toward its logical conclusion as it relates to your love life or relationship. Trust and respect your inner voice before turning to outside opinion. You may not be ready to take the next logical step, are not seeing things clearly or are at odds with your personal convictions. Don't give in to self-doubt or it will make you vulnerable to disrespect, excuses or distrust. Demonstrate consideration and honor for yourself, or no one else will, either. Respect your need for more time and 'know thyself' before you make any declarations, connections or contact, but don't overthink things.
- Town and Country Mag | Love + Sex – Mon, Aug 19, 2013 2:03 PM EDT
Not all Grand Slam stars have found their match off the court. We rounded up the tournament's most eligible bachelors and bachelorettes-and some ideas for where to take them.
More from TOWN&COUNTRY:
Read More »from 14 Most Eligible Bachelors and Bachelorettes Playing at the 2013 US Open
- Lover.ly | Love + Sex – Mon, Aug 19, 2013 1:30 PM EDT
By Rachel Wilkerson, Lover.lyRead More »from Remedial Wedding Gift Etiquette for Engaged Couples
Oh, engaged couples. It's been a rough few weeks, hasn't it? It seems like more and more of you are making headlines for bad behavior lately. There was the bride who melted down via text message over the (awesome-sounding!) gift basket she and her new wife received. Then there was the nasty Facebook message sent to a guest from a bride who was apparently displeased with the $100 cash gift the guest had given. ("I just want to know is there any reason or dissatisfaction of Mike's and I wedding that both you and Phil gave 50$ each?") Or the woman who took to the Internet to complain about the fact that many guests did not give gifts to her and her new husband.
What's with these newlyweds' gross attitudes about gifts? Plenty of people are saying the wedding industry is at fault. Older people are blaming Millenials (what with our participation trophies and darn iPod phones and all). Conservatives are blaming Obama. We're just chalking it up to really, really
- Woman s Day | Love + Sex – Mon, Aug 19, 2013 1:22 PM EDT
mother and baby chatting on a video callBy Noelia Trujillo
Whether or not you're one of the 3.5 million married American couples who live apart for reasons other than impending divorce, your relationship can benefit from the wisdom of husbands and wives who don't share a home. After all, they have to get creative with how they maintain their bond and budget their time. Check out the top 10 tips for a happy marriage from five real long-distance sets of spouses. Photo by Getty Images
1. Make a "reasons why" list for tough decisions.
Jacey Eckhart from Herndon, VA, says she complained often during the first few months her husband, Brad Skillman, a naval officer, was living about three hours away in Norfolk, VA, while in port. To regain perspective, she listed all the reasons they chose to live separately-their child's education, her heavy work travel schedule, so her husband could better prepare for his upcoming deployment and more. "Whenever we got tired of living apart, we reread the list and remembered thatRead More »from 10 Marriage-Saving Lessons from Long-Distance Couples
- Babble.com | Love + Sex – Mon, Aug 19, 2013 1:03 PM EDT
Men have feelings, too! Some men may be even more sensitive than most women. But you will never know it. Showing our emotions is not how we are wired. We are wired to suck it up, to man up, and to avoid confrontation. An article on Your Tango titled, "Men have feelings, too!" shared some of the most hurtful things you can say to a man. Below I will share some of the most devastating things you can do to hurt your husband. If you are doing any of these things, stop today. Maybe your man is "cool with it." But I doubt it. He is probably to proud, or too "manly" to admit it hurts. Click through for 7 ways you're hurting your husband without knowing it! -By Jackie Bledsoe Jr.
MORE ON BABBLE
Read More »from Real Men Cry: 7 Ways You're Hurting Your Husband - Without Knowing It
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- Dinner Tonight: Broccoli Apple Soup + Raw Kale SaladWed, Dec 4, 2013 10:31 AM EST
- Christmas Thumbprint CookiesWed, Dec 4, 2013 1:18 PM EST
- Christmas Cake Pops Are Our Gift to YouWed, Dec 4, 2013 2:33 PM EST