- Lucky magazine
1. Warm Upwith a hot bath-to seriously loosen up your muscles.
2. Stretch.Tilt your head to one side and look up at the ceiling-hold for 30 seconds, repeat on the other side.
Read more: 8 Outfits Men Love on Women
3. Breath deeply before applying pressure, then slowly exhale as you move through the massage stroke.
4. Lie on a foam roller to massage your back, quads and calves.
Read more: Best Dresses For Your Body
5. Racquetballs are better than tennis balls for your feet or back. Place one against the wall, then lean into it as you go up and down.
6. Give yourself a hug. Reaching over your opposite shoulder, gently squeeze your muscles from the top all the way down your arm.
Read more: Lucky's Holiday Gift Guide
7. Make small circles at the base of your head, moving down to your shoulders.
8. To sleep better, squeeze the back of your neck slightly with one hand, then move it up to here the base of the head meets the top of the neck (the occipital ridge...Read More »
- Betterhealthblog.com | Love Your Body | Wed, Dec 5, 2012 11:28 AM EST | CommentsYou are what you do. This goes for your drink as well. Like a mirror on the wall, the poison you gulp down your throat also reflects your image. Though you may not be aware of it, what you choose to drink is actually the decision of your subconscious mind, subtly giving others the impression of your actual personality. Here is a list of drinks and the psycho-analysis associated with them.
Reflecting Your Image by What You Drink
Your gateway to the world of a secret agent. Now, until and unless you really are one, or are capable of pulling off the 'Bond look'; this drink is your desperate cry for others attention.
This is a classic virgin drink. Not to be confused with the Cosmopolitan, this drink is nothing more than a sign of you never having an intimate relationship.
Long Island Iced Tea
The mysterious mixture of gin, rum, vodka and tequila. Now, you are either a cast member of the Sex and...Read More »
- Popsugar Fitness | Love Your Body | Tue, Dec 4, 2012 7:09 PM EST | CommentsSource: Never Eat Airport Food Again! Easy Snack Ideas Under 100 Calories
It's no secret that travel and notoriously pricey, unhealthy snacks go hand in hand. If you're hitting the road this holiday season or heading to the airport, packing your own snacks will save you money, unwanted calories, and candy bar regret. A small snack will also keep your diet on track, curbing stomach growls - preventing you from overindulging come mealtime. Grab some ziplock bags and start packing some of our favorite 100-calorie snacks before you board the plane or hit the road this Winter!
- Three cups of popcorn (93) sprinkled with cinnamon (6): 99 calories.
- Kashi Cinnamon Oat Heart to Heart Cereal (1/4 cup of cereal is 40 calories) with a small apple (53): 93 calories.
- Mini Clif Bar (Crunchy Peanut Butter, Oatmeal Raisin Walnut, Chocolate Chip, or Blueberry Crisp): 100 calories
- One rice cake (35) drizzled with almond butter (51): 86 calories
- Seven Stacy's Simply Naked Pita Chips (65) with one
- Mandy Seay, Quickeasyfit | Love Your Body | Thu, Dec 6, 2012 10:12 AM EST | CommentsAfter a tiring day from school or work, most of us look forward to well-deserved rest and sleep. While some of us choose to stay awake late at night for various reasons, such as reviewing for an exam, finishing a novel, or surfing the internet, the effects of depriving ourselves from sleep may have a big impact on our lives, and the people around us. If you are unaware of such effects, read on to see how getting enough sleep might benefit you and your daily lives.
Read Also - Healthy Ways to Help You Sleep With Stress and Anxiety
Did you ever have an experience wherein you almost fell asleep on the road?
Studies show that sleep deprivation is a big factor in major disasters and accidents all over the world. Having poor sleep the night before may lead you in doing your responsibilities at work incorrectly, as well as being complacent in safety checks if ever you are in the mechanical and technical profession. Aside fro...Read More »
- Jaclyn Emerick, SELF magazine
Lose the equipment-and the excuses. All you need is a wall to firm every square inch. Watch the step-by-step instruction video.
Your expert New York City trainer Rustin Steward. "The less stuff you need, the harder it is to blow off a workout," Steward says. So unless you live in a tent, this is your new go-to routine. "The wall supports you, helping you stay aligned and sculpt more efficiently than with freestanding exercises," he explains. Disclaimer: The moves are hard. But your body will be, too.
You'll need Yup, just a plain old wall. Don't want scuff marks? Lose the sneaks. There-one less thing to worry about.
See more: Foods That Fight Belly Bloat
Your plan Do these seven moves three times a week on alternate days and you'll realize that sometimes it can be a good thing when your workout hits the wall. Ha, ha.Do just the numbered moves and you'll firm up. Add this squat jump for 1 minute between each and you'll also torc...Read More »
PICK OF THE DAY
- Cozy knits for your body shape Love Your Body