- By Dan Mcginnis | Yahoo! Contributor Network | Tue, Jan 10, 2012 6:53 PM EST | Comments
Winter brings a chill to the air and storms that can keep the kids trapped inside the house for a whole day. But, have no fear, here are some great ways to occupy your children and have fun at the same time!
* Recycle old Christmas cards - Recycle old cards or finish off the few remaining cards that you did not send by creating fun and colorful crafts. You'll need safety scissors, paper plates and glue, too. Kids can cut the pictures from the cards and arrange them on top of a paper plate, creating a collage that becomes a holiday picture or even a hand-held fan. Add a handle by attaching a wooden Popsicle stick or drinking straw.
* Board Game Day -- Kids don't really play as many board games as we all did in our youth. But, a cold winter day is the perfect time to pull out Sorry!, or Monopoly and enjoy family time around the kitchen table. A great twist on traditional board games is to create "family rules" to the game. Allow each child to create a special rule that applies to...Read More »
- Julie Zwillich | More Family Fun | Fri, Jan 6, 2012 1:58 PM EST | Comments
Smart tips for organizing and sharing your family photo library in the digital age.
- By Amy Brantley | Yahoo! Contributor Network | Tue, Dec 27, 2011 1:58 PM EST | Comments
We all know how popular a potluck can be. But, what if you're serving kids? Obviously, many of the dishes adults bring to parties aren't always a favorite among children. Thankfully, there are several kid-friendly recipes you can make for a potluck. Whether it's a pizza-flavored pot pie or a chicken macaroni and cheese, kids will absolutely love these dishes. Here are just a few ideas to get you started.
Pizza Pot Pie
What kid doesn't love pizza? This dish is not only popular with kids, but is a great way to sneak in some much-needed vegetables. For the filling of the pot pie, you will mix heated marinara sauce with chunks of pepperoni, thinly sliced mushrooms and finely chopped peppers and onions. Pour the filling into a casserole dish and top with a generous portion of shredded mozzarella cheese. Top with a prepared pie crust and cut to vent. Then brush the crust with egg whites and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
Chicken and Cheese...Read More »
- Common Sense Media | More Family Fun | Wed, Jan 4, 2012 7:18 PM EST | Comments
Looking for a way to get your kids moving? Try one of these great fitness games -- the best of the best of the "active gaming" trend. From full-on workouts to dance-fueled fun, these active games are a great way to mix exercise and entertainment.Read More »
Keep your favorite winter drinks nice and toasty and have some fun in the process with these cute cup cozies inspired by Disney characters. They make great gifts, too!...Read More »
After you check these out, head to Family.go.com to see more Disney winter crafts and recipes!
Mickey's Cup Cozy
Inspired by everyone's favorite mouse, this cup cozy will look great wrapped around the holdiay beverage of your choice.
Get the Craft Instructions