- Neutrogena Naturals | Natural Style | Thu, Apr 12, 2012 11:08 AM EDT | Comments
This face wash contains natural salicylic acid found in Willowbark bionutrients.
Long before modern day laboratories provided synthetic compounds to soothe aging skin and replenish moisture and nutrients, women all over the world used natural remedies to accomplish much the same things. Today it's possible to reap the benefits of those long sought after natural elixirs without having to wander into the woods with your gathering basket and clogs. Many natural products such as willowbark that are found in nature provide bionutrients that naturally detoxify and protect our skin, helping to restore it to its youthful glow. There's no need for manufactured formulas filled with synthetic chemicals and preservatives that damage our environment and may pose significant health risks. Today, being naturally beautiful and being beautiful naturally can be one and the same.
- Realbeauty.com | Natural Style | Mon, Apr 9, 2012 11:38 AM EDT | Comments
Who would've thought your fridge was stocked full of goodies for gorgeous hair? Check out which food benefits your locks.
Lemon juice combined with tea is an easy fix for oily hair. "The lemon works as a great astringent but doesn't ruin the pH balance of the hair and scalp," explains TRESemmé celebrity stylist Jeanie Syfu. Do half lemon juice, half black tea and rinse through clean hair.
"If you have untamable curly locks, try mixing a dime-sized amount of olive oil in with your regular styling cream. You'll get smooth texture and unbeatable shine," said DuWop's National Training Manager, Jason Garner.
This guac-like concoction works wonders on your hair, too. Celebrity hairstylist Sally Hershberger's recipe calls for mashing up one to two avocados (depending on how much hair you've got), working through your hair, and letting sit for 10 minutes before rinsing.
Read More: 34 Ways to Get Bombshell Hair
Take a bottle of cranberry j...Read More »
- Neutrogena Naturals | Natural Style | Wed, Apr 11, 2012 10:45 AM EDT | Comments
Use Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub every day to keep your skin looking flaw …
We all want flawless, radiant-looking skin without having to use layers and layers of makeup. If you're ready to go bare-faced this season, change up your skin care routine so that your skin stays healthy and glowing all season long! Skin that's free of breakouts and clogged pores will appear flawless under any type of light, but you need to use certain products and skin care rituals to keep your skin looking picture-perfect.
Use these tips to achieve flawless skin without makeup:
- Use a purifying pore scrub every day. Add a gentle pore scrub to your daily skin care regimen and you'll help to keep those pores free of buildup. Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub works by scrubbing away impurities and dead skin cells. It's gentle enough for daily use and contains naturally-derived ingredients. Prep your skin with a gentle cleanser then massage the scrub all over the face and neck area. Leave it on your face for a couple of minutes before rinsing off with warm water. You'
- Essence.com | Natural Style | Mon, Apr 9, 2012 11:17 AM EDT | Comments
If you've been on the fence about transitioning your relaxed hair into a chemical-free halo of curls, you're not alone. Ask any woman who's traded in her no-lye kit for a Tangle Teezer, and we're almost positive she'll tell you there's a lot to learn in the world of natural hair. Nevertheless, as with any change in life, with a little patience and the right resources, your transitioning journey can be a successful and enjoyable one.
"I always tell people that you should see a stylist who specializes in natural hair for a consultation before you launch into your transition," advises curly haircare guru and stylist Tamika Fletcher of Natural Resources Salon in Houston. "It's also very important to find natural styles that are similar to the relaxed styles you're used to wearing. You should look like a real version of yourself."
For more get-real tips on how to make y...Read More »
- Neutrogena Naturals | Natural Style | Mon, Apr 9, 2012 10:16 AM EDT | Comments
Natural, healthy products like Neutrogena Naturals Lip Balm can help you get a fresh, clean look for spring.
Spring is here, and with it, an opportunity to freshen up your look! Happily, it's easy to get into the spirit of the season which is clean, new, light and airy.
Here are some fantastic beauty picks to grab while spring is in the air.
* Get your lips back in shape after the dryness of winter with a Vitamin E-rich product Neutrogena Naturals Lip Balm. The moisture goes straight to your lips, soothing and conditioning them with natural, healthy ingredients that will make you smile and keep your smile healthy. If you choose to use a lip color, opt for blush shades: think of strawberries and champagne instead of nude, or try incorporating peach tones into your lip color palette.
* Instead of heavy perfumes or scented lotion, introduce a fresh, fruity scent into your routine. Apricot-scented body wash evokes thoughts of warmer days and won't overwhelm you with their aroma. Products containing citrus scents, like orange or lemon, also invoke a clean, invigorating feel.
* If...Read More »