- Neutrogena Naturals | Natural Style | Mon, Apr 9, 2012 10:16 AM EDT | Comments
Natural, healthy products like Neutrogena Naturals Lip Balm can help you get a fresh, clean look for spring.
Spring is here, and with it, an opportunity to freshen up your look! Happily, it's easy to get into the spirit of the season which is clean, new, light and airy.
Here are some fantastic beauty picks to grab while spring is in the air.
* Get your lips back in shape after the dryness of winter with a Vitamin E-rich product Neutrogena Naturals Lip Balm. The moisture goes straight to your lips, soothing and conditioning them with natural, healthy ingredients that will make you smile and keep your smile healthy. If you choose to use a lip color, opt for blush shades: think of strawberries and champagne instead of nude, or try incorporating peach tones into your lip color palette.
* Instead of heavy perfumes or scented lotion, introduce a fresh, fruity scent into your routine. Apricot-scented body wash evokes thoughts of warmer days and won't overwhelm you with their aroma. Products containing citrus scents, like orange or lemon, also invoke a clean, invigorating feel.
* If...Read More »
- Neutrogena Naturals | Natural Style | Fri, Apr 6, 2012 11:07 AM EDT | Comments
Vitamins C and E are especially important for good skin health.
You can wear clothes to cover up your skin, but if you don't take care of it, it won't matter either way. This is what happened to me; after years of ignoring it, my skin was rough and dull, dry, and easily irritated. When it got to the point that my troublesome skin kept me up at night, I started to do research. This is what I discovered.
Nutrition for Your Skin
Vitamins A and E are particularly good for enhancing the health and appearance of your skin. It's possible, however, to overdo it even with vitamins. Vitamin A toxicity can result in scalp problems and hair loss. Since your hair and skin have the same building blocks, what affects one may affect the other.
Vitamin C is also important for healthy skin on two fronts: first of all, it stimulates collagen development, which is what keeps your skin's elasticity and overall appearance looking healthy and bright. In this case, beauty really is skin-deep… Vitamin C is a well-known antioxidant, and fights off the ravages...Read More »
- Tue, Sep 17, 2013 4:35 PM EDT | CommentsNatural makeup is back, and it's prettier than ever. Stash your dark eyeliner and colorful eye shadow-a healthy flush and nude lips are the look du jour. We interviewed celebrity makeup artist Beau Nelson of the Wall Group about how to get a flawless, natural face in three easy steps. He's responsible for huge names like Nicole Richie, Jennifer Garner, Gabrielle Union, and Kristen Stewart looking naturally beautiful on the red carpet, so we got the scoop on exactly which products to use and how to apply them. By Joanna Douglas, Shine Staff
- Babble.com | Natural Style | Thu, Apr 5, 2012 6:03 PM EDT | CommentsNot all beauty treatments come in the form of fancy lotions and potions. Some are in your kitchen disguised as everyday food items. Check out these 5 beauty products you probably have in your cupboards right now and how to use them today.
1. Cinnamon and Sugar
Cinnamon and Sugar
Dealing with peeling lips as the seasons change? Use sweet cinnamon and sugar to scrub the dead skin off. The great taste is a plus!
Make cinnamon sugar lip scrub
My friend Susan makes a gorgeous blend of coconut oil, almond oil, and shea butter that is whipped together to keep skin nice and soft. I made this a few months ago to use on my son's chronically cracked dry hands, and it worked wonders.
Make homemade body butter
Related: How to make coconut oil hair balm
3. Olive Oil
Speaking of oil, you can use olive oil as a facial cleanser. It keeps skin from feeling dry and overworked and dissolves dirt naturally.
4. Ginger and Lemongrass
Ginger and Lemongrass
I'm obsessed with th...Read More »
- Cosmopolitan.com | Natural Style | Thu, Apr 5, 2012 6:31 PM EDT | Comments
These cool, new "green" makeup and beauty products won't cost you too much green. Here, some pretty ways to help preserve the planet.
By Carly Cardellino
Often times perfumes can cause irritation on skin due to artificial colors and synthetic fragrances they're blended with. Tsi-La Organic Perfume Oils are made with 80 to 100% certified organic, pure plant-based ingredients that don't contain dyes, synthetic fragrance, parabens, harsh petrochemicals or sulfates.
Tsi-La Organic Perfume Oils, $44 each or $95 for 4, tsilaorganics.com
Free of synthetic chemicals, sulfates, silicone, phthalates, gluten, parabens and petrochemicals-and they're 100% vegan. Brush whichever one is closest to your strand shade over oily hair to sop up any excess sheen in seconds.
Jonathan Green Rootine Dry Shampoo Brush-On Powder in Light and Dark, $19, amazon.com
Perfect for traveling, the Eco Tools Bamboo 6-Piece Brush Set, comes equipped with a blush, eyeliner, conceal...Read More »