- Lizbeth Scordo, Shine Staff | Royal Baby Buzz | Tue, Aug 20, 2013 3:35 PM EDT | CommentsKate Middleton is a master of making public statements with her wardrobe. Her latest dress sent a particularly powerful message for new moms.
The palace released photos on Monday of the Duchess of Cambridge happily posing with the second and third heirs to the British throne — her husband Prince William, and their infant son, Prince George, who turns a month old next week. And since her son is blocking most of her figure in the photos, the new mom could have picked just about any outfit she wanted and made it work. Her choice? A $79 maternity dress.If there was any message to be gleaned from her style choice, it's that it's OK to take an unmiraculous amount of time when it comes to getting back into shape after delivering a human being.
As for how long women usually wear maternity clothes after giving birth, Cecile Reinaud, founder and creative director of U.K.-based maternity label Seraphine, which c...Read More »
- Beth Greenfield, Shine Staff | Royal Baby Buzz | Mon, Aug 19, 2013 4:57 PM EDT | Comments
Royal-baby fever is about to flare up again, as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge released two new family photos to the public on Monday.
More on Shine: Prince George's Fake Teen Photo (and Real Royal Teen Memories)
The clear star of the photographs, taken by Kate Middleton's father, Michael Middleton, is His Royal Highness Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge, ready for his close-up at just a few weeks old. In the pics, new mom Middleton – donning the $79 Jolene dress in fuchsia by maternity wear maker Seraphine – holds the swaddled infant while sitting and standing alongside husband Prince William, who's casually dressed in jeans and a button-down shirt with rolled-up sleeves.
More on Yahoo!: Prince William Dishes About his First Month As DadThe world first glimpsed Prince George on July 23, when he appeared with his mom and dad outside of St. Mary's Hospital in London, also wrapped in a white blanket. That was just a day after his birth at the hospital's Lindo Wing, where swarm...Read More »
- Anna Davies, Shine Contributor | Royal Baby Buzz | Fri, Aug 2, 2013 3:28 PM EDT | CommentsThe birth of Prince George has received more media attention than any other delivery in modern history. Naturally, in the avalanche of 24/7 news coverage, there are bound to be a few mistakes. The most recent blooper comes courtesy of the BBC network, which accidentally aired an obscene doodle on a photo of Prince William.
The SFW version of BBC's doodle mishap. (YouTube)
The image was part of a music video by the comedygroup Barbershopera called “I Could Have Married Kate,” which the network featured on yet another royal baby-related segment. Viewers with superhero-vision caught the split second shot of video's offending doodle. Hours later, the network released the following statement: "The material was provided by Barbershopera but we failed to spot the offending material within it. We apologize for this." Hey, everybody makes mistakes —particularly where the little prince is concerned. Here are a few other flubs, gaffes and goofs made in a frenzy of royal baby coverage.
- The accidental leak of baby plans. Of course, theLindo Wing o
- Instyle.com | Royal Baby Buzz | Wed, Jul 31, 2013 2:14 PM EDT | CommentsWe're sure Kate Middleton is exploding with pride over her new little prince, so we asked some of our favorite jewelry designers known for their personalized pieces to create a customized gift for the Duchess to celebrate the birth of George Alexander Louis. Prince William, we hope you're reading this because we think all of these would be perfect additions to Kate's already enviable jewelry box. Click to see all of the personalized designs and where you can buy them with your own initials.
Top to Bottom:
Jennifer Meyer, diamond uppercase letter "G" necklace in 18k yellow gold, $1,800, barneys.com.
Sarah Chloe, Ella Adjustable bangle (left) and Ciela ID bangle (right) in yellow gold plated, $139 and $129, sarahchloe.com.
MORE:Read More »
• Jewelry Designers Make Jewelry for New Mom Kate Middleton
• Personalized Mom Jewelry for Kate Middleton
• Kate Middleton's Best Looks Ever
• Kate Middleton's Post-Pregnancy Wardrobe
• The Fashion Industry Tweets for Royal Baby
- Anna Davies, Shine Contributor | Royal Baby Buzz | Fri, Aug 2, 2013 2:08 PM EDT | Comments
The world has been enamored with the royal baby since December, when the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge announced they were going to have a baby, but Prince George, born on July 22, only officially exists as of this morning, when Kate and William formally registered his birth, according to a report from the U.K. magazine Hello.
And the legal name is a mouthful, requiring almost two lines to write: His Royal Highness Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge. Also on the document are the names and occupations of his mother and father—a change from when Prince William himself was born in 1982. Until 1984, there was no box on the form for a mother's occupation.
PHOTOS: Best Royal Baby Memes, GIFs and Jokes
On the certificate, William lists himself as "Prince of the United Kingdom" and Kate as "Princess of the United Kingdom," which kind of makes it obvious that even though the form they’re filling out is the same on every citizen of the United Kingdom uses after they have a child, this is no...Read More »