- With Gwen Stefani and Kate Winslet each rockin' their third baby bumps, big broods seem to be the thing. But for every famous family that's expanding, there are just as many celeb moms content with having an only child. Who's one and done? Here are seven celebrity moms perfectly content with their party of one. - By Jacqueline Tourville Read More »from Celebrity Moms with Only Children
- Babble.com | Love + Sex – 9 hours ago
They've been married two, three, four, five, even eight times, making the institution of marriage seem like a session of speed dating. Their relationships are plastered on magazine covers, and that's nothing compared to the coverage their breakups and divorces receive. So what do celebrities REALLY know about what it takes to have a happy marriage? A lot more than you might think. Here's what you can learn from some of the world's most divorced celebrities. -By Alisa BowmanRead More »from 7 Lessons in Love We Can Learn from Divorced Celebrities
MORE ON BABBLE
20 celebrities who have been cheated on (and survived)
How to survive the 7 stages of marriage
22 celebrity couples who pulled off secret weddings
- Woman s Day | Healthy Living – 9 hours ago7 Holiday Foods that Actually Help You Lose WeightBy Marissa Lippert, RD
It's the same struggle every year. You walk into a holiday party and you're greeted by the hostess, who encourages you to dig into the huge spread of tasty hors d'oeuvres. But how can you enjoy the evening without going overboard? It is possible! By focusing on popular party snacks that have health-boosting benefits, you can savor the season and drop pounds. Photo by iStock.
Cheese Full-fat cheese is packed with protein, so a small amount will satisfy you quickly, which means eating some of the real deal (versus lowfat or fat-free) may actually help you lose weight. Choose hard, full-flavor cheeses like Parmesan or aged Gouda, because their sharp taste helps you conquer cravings fast. These cheeses are slightly higher in calories than soft ones like Brie, but they have more protein. Stick with 1 oz-or four to five small cubes-per day.
Champagne At 100 calories per 5-oz serving, champagne is one of the few naturally low-calorie beverages you can
- Misguided Texas Principal Forbids Students from Speaking Spanish in Class
When people are whispering to each other and purposefully leaving you out of their private conversation, you might find yourself experiencing feelings of loneliness, embarrassment or frustration. So perhaps it's no wonder that Amy Lacey, the principal of Hempstead Middle School near Houston, Texas, might have felt left out often. Over 50 percent of the students at her school are primarily Spanish speakers, according to greatschools.org. Therefore, if Lacey doesn't understand what they're saying because she doesn't also speak Spanish, she might feel isolated, as if most everyone is in on the secret except her.
So Lacey did what any insecure playground bully would do - she forcibly shut them up. On Nov. 12, she announced over the school's intercom that students are no longer permitted to speak Spanish in class, according to the website of local news station, KHOU.com.
It took two weeks for the district to takeRead More »from Misguided Texas Principal Forbids Students from Speaking Spanish in Class
- When Joanne Rowling first conceived of Harry Potter while waiting for a delayed train, she set into motion the makings of a literary phenomenon that would change lives for years to come. She created more than wizards and witches, spells and cauldrons, magical beasts, and ominous prophecies; she wove a narrative rich with existential inquiry and morals fit for the most timeless of fairy tales. In a world where the definition of personhood isn't so clear-cut, Harry took us on a journey to find out what it really means to be a hero and do the right thing. As he battles dark lords, discrimination, hexes, and exploitation, the readers learn right along with him.
-By Dana Kimmelman Read More »from Elf Improvement: 7 Human Rights Issues Addressed in "Harry Potter"
Mark Wahlberg snagged Bethenny's Ho Ho Ho! Sweater, and now we want to know: who wore it best?!
Follow Bethenny on Instagram for more photos from the show!Read More »from Who Wore it Best? Bethenny or Mark Wahlberg?
Getting organized is always a challenge, but when it comes to one of the smallest rooms in the house, a little creativity can go a long way. New Orleans designer and "DIY guy" Chet Pourciau shares some of his favorite tips for organizing the bathroom with things you probably already have in your home.
Chet's first tip is to use containers like baskets or boxes to store towels, soaps, and extra toiletries. "If you can see it, you'll use it," Chet explains.
Is your makeup bag a mess? The designer has a useful idea to organize all your cosmetics: a cutlery tray. Store your brushes, mascaras, eye shadows, and powders so that you can see everything you might need. "I'm all about repurposing, recycling, and ... upcycling," Chet says.
If you're running out of space to store all your towels, try thinking outside the box with items you might already have around your house, like a wine rack. "Take yourRead More »from Tool-Free Storage Solutions
- WireImage (2)
Between her many performances and her role as a new mommy, Fergie has quite the busy schedule, but somehow, her hair and makeup is always on point-even when she isn't in front of the cameras. Her mantra? Never underestimate the power of a good lip gloss.
We caught up with the star at her party for Wet n Wild cosmetics in New York City, where she chatted with InStyle.com about her everyday beauty staples, and her tip to getting glam in five seconds flat. "For me, it's lips. A little lip gloss goes a long way. To get ready quickly, I usually just throw on my glasses and a lip gloss or lipstick, and I'm out," said Fergie, who noted that her lipstick of choice was the aptly-named Fergie Daily hue ($4; walgreens.com). "That's why I named it that! I have different facets of my personality, so when I'm home, my makeup is very minimal, but I always like to kick it up a notch for stage."
Another trick of the trade? Repurposing your eye shadow primer for an instant dewy glow. "TheRead More »from Exclusive! Fergie’s Off-Duty Makeup Staple Is…
Try this moisturizing, softening and tightening scrub that will help you exfoliate your skin at home!
This hydrating, nourishing skin scrub is great for your face and other areas (like elbows) where dry winter skin is a problem.Ingredients
Mix all the ingredients together.Print
Follow Bethenny on Pinterest!Read More »from Home Beauty Remedies: Cranberry Almond Scrub
Use this banana face exfoliating mask recipe to gently ease the damage winter does to your skin.
Mush up two overripe bananas.Benefits
Add a little honey.
Add 1/2 a cup of uncooked oatmeal.
Leave on your face for 10 minutes.
This will gently exfoliate your face to brighten your complexion. Banana has vitamins A and E which are both beneficial.Print
Follow Bethenny on Pinterest!Read More »from Banana Face Exfoliate Mask Recipe
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- Dinner Tonight: Broccoli Apple Soup + Raw Kale SaladWed, Dec 4, 2013 10:31 AM EST
- Christmas Thumbprint CookiesWed, Dec 4, 2013 1:18 PM EST
- Christmas Cake Pops Are Our Gift to YouWed, Dec 4, 2013 2:33 PM EST